PDA

View Full Version : Reds Survey

bearcat
03-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm a huge Reds fan and a student a UC writing a paper about the Reds blogging community. If you could answer one or two of these question it would help me out greatly.

1. What are some the reason why you enjoy blogging about the Reds.
2. Are most of the bloggers male and from the Cincinnati area?
3. What do you think separates the reds community from other mlb communities?
4. What is you favorite topic to discuss? (spring training, trade rumors, new prospects, etc.)
5. Anything else you think you may be beneficial to my paper.

Thank you for the help and go Reds.

UPRedsFan
03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm a huge Reds fan and a student a UC writing a paper about the Reds blogging community. If you could answer one or two of these question it would help me out greatly.

4. What is you favorite topic to discuss? (spring training, trade rumors, new prospects, etc.)

1. I live in Michigan and there are no Reds fans around. Some of the bloggers are extremely knowledgeable baseball fans
2. don't know
3. RedsZone tends to be more knowledgeable fan base. I've been a baseball fan and avid Reds fan for 30+ years and I've learned things on this site that I've never heard of elsewhere (not from Marty, not from ESPN, not from the papers)
4. Spring training updates and pictures, trade rumors, the Reds chances every year, who should play vs. sit, who should be sent down or brought up,
5. I think the sharing of information and learning that goes on within RedZone has expanded everyone's knowledge of baseball. That's worth noting. We didn't have this 20 or 30 years ago. So I'd focus on how it has changed the way we follow the sport.

wlf WV
03-09-2011, 12:20 PM

in depth analysis of baseball
M from wv
the historical richness and it was my Dad's team
any way to improve team ie.prospect,trade, line-up change,whatever

SidneySlicker
03-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Bearcat best of luck with the paper and school.

1. I think that life is meant to be spent alongside others. This is a place where I can come and share with people that I know share a same passion that as I, that being the Cincinnati Reds.

2. I can only speak for myself. :-) But I'd guess the large majority of the fans here are male.

3. I think that Reds fans share a unique perspective in that they have been around for 120 years and have the fifth most championships of all of mlb.

4. My favorite thing to talk about it just the general topics that evolve throughought the Reds season. I do like reading the minor league forum for informational purposes, but don't have much time to research to give any reasonable input.

5. We make fun of the back and forth banter, but I think it's important to realize other points of view. Whether you or I agree with them or not it's part of being a more enlighted person. That goes for any genre that is being discussed sports or other. Thanks.

will5979
03-10-2011, 10:48 AM
1. To get more insight on what is going on in the Reds universe.
2. I'm male and from Reds country of Southern WV.
3. We are the first MLB franchise, a true working class team and community, and have the bragging rights of possibly the greatest team that has ever taken the field, if not the greatest ever in MLB, at least the NL by far.
4. Trades, rumors, injuries, etc.
5. Baseball is a true passion of mine and I have enjoyed it my entire life, IMO it is truely the most unique sport in the world.

bounty37h
03-10-2011, 11:23 AM
1) I dont really blog, I read what other say and respond mostly, will start a topic if I want others opinions or thoughts or just to share info.
2. I am male, but not from Ohio, North Carolina is home. My parents are both from Ohio though, and thats hwo I became a Reds fan.
3. I am not really sure to be honest, simply as I follow my Reds closely but pay little attention to what other teams or esp boards/commnunity are doing. I do notice Cards fans here since the brawl, so guess they are interested in us, but I just dont care about them to check them out.
4. progress and success. I get annoyed at the posters who come here only to complain or rip into somone/team when things go bad, but arent here enjoying when things are good. Not saying cant have an opinion. I like to read ST thoughts, trade rumors, but mostly just the ins and outs of the team.

Thank you for the help and go Reds.[/QUOTE]

OGB
03-10-2011, 02:55 PM

1. This site in particular is a great resource to get in depth insight and opinion that I can't get elsewhere. I'm too cheap to pay for subscriptions to sites like Baseball America, but I know people will occasionally post articles from there. You hear from a lot of people in minor league cities with first hand accounts of Reds prospects and their abilities. A lot of the people on this site follow the Reds farm system with a voracity I just can't match. I always like to share in the wealth of their knowledge.
Also, when a topic comes up that I am knowledgeable about, I like to engage in the debate. I've always loved discussing sports in this manner.
2. I'm male, born and raised in the greater Cincinnati area. I've currently a resident of Covington, KY.
3. I'm not sure there is a whole lot that separates the Reds from most communities. I think about 1/4 of mlb teams have poor fan bases (Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Florida, Atlanta spring to mind) but I think that often has to do with how a team performs year in and year out. The other 3/4 are very similar. There is a solid core of Reds fans that have stayed diehards over the past 2 decades despite how poorly the franchise has performed at times. I think you find this type of fan in most mlb cities, though. If anything, Reds fans might be separated by how tradition rich the franchise is and how we try to embrace that.
4. I always love talking prospects and trade rumors. Probably because it has to do with the unknown; it's very speculative--optimism can always be unchecked when discussing the future.