PDA

View Full Version : Reds on FSN Indiana this year??

jaredbo
03-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Has anyone seen an announcement about the Reds games being broadcasted on FSN Indiana for this year yet? I was looking at the announcements from the last few years and it looked like the announcements were made in the middle of March. I wasn't sure if anyone has heard anything about the announcement for this year yet. I sent an email to the staff at FSN Midwest (entity that runs FSN Indiana) but have yet to get a response.

CySeymour
03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Has anyone seen an announcement about the Reds games being broadcasted on FSN Indiana for this year yet? I was looking at the announcements from the last few years and it looked like the announcements were made in the middle of March. I wasn't sure if anyone has heard anything about the announcement for this year yet. I sent an email to the staff at FSN Midwest (entity that runs FSN Indiana) but have yet to get a response.

The radio ads here in the Indy area always mention the Reds as being broadcast on FSN.

jmbraun773
03-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I have seen several commercials on FSN Indiana talking about the upcoming season, mainly during Pacers games.

Seņor Rojo
03-10-2011, 02:30 PM
That would be great news if the Reds could do that. Indiana is definitely a swing state when it comes to baseball since the Reds, Cardinals, and Cubs in close proximity in various parts of the state.

I found a well written piece that talks about how the Reds should extend their marketing appeal to the surrounding regions in order to build up fan support. Here's the link:

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/red-state-strategy/

gilpdawg
03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
It used to drive me bonkers before I moved to the Ohio side that I couldn't ever get the games even though Richmond is total Reds Country. Now they do air the games there, but I don't think it's all the games we Ohio peeps get.

jhc2010
03-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Each of the last two seasons, FS Indiana has broadcast 95 Reds games of the 145 produced by FS Ohio.

stevekun
03-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Is FS Indiana the same as FSmidwest?

Moosie52
03-14-2011, 07:23 AM
They do this to me every year. The Fox Sports Indiana Reds broadcast schedule won't be released until the middle of March, probably this week or next. I always have to formulate Plan B (dump Comcast, get DirecTv) just in case Fox decides to give me Cardinal games instead of Reds games. I live in fear they will do it every spring. Fox Sports Indiana is an offshoot of Fox Sports Midwest that carries Indiana Pacers games, as well as Cincinnati Reds games (I pray this will hold true this year).

jaredbo
03-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Here it is!

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/03/18/11/FOX-Sports-Indiana-announces-Reds-broadc/mobile_landing.html?blockID=443670&feedID=3904

Reds
03-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Any word on if SportsSouth will carry select Reds games? and if it'll be zip code blacked out? They've aired games in the past, sometimes only allowing people in Tennessee to watch. It would be nice to see 10-12 games on TV here in NC (Reds were a local team here until Expos moved).

Moosie52
03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
It's interesting that every Reds game broadcast on Fox Sports Indiana will be played on the 11th of the month.

Nathan
03-21-2011, 10:37 AM
It's interesting that every Reds game broadcast on Fox Sports Indiana will be played on the 11th of the month.

I guess they came up with the schedule before the Hall of Fame was announced and figured Barry Larkin would get in. Prematurely, they decided to go with an 11 promotion and change all dates to the 11th. Obviously, he didn't get in, so, they need to think of something else, quick. You know, like change the dates back?