PDA

View Full Version : Sappelt, Mesoraco, Valaika reassigned to Minor League Camp

Eric the Red
03-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Via twitter, @CincinnatiReds tweets that the roster is down to 30 as Sappelt, Mesoraco and Valaika have been reassigned. I'm sure we'll see these three on the big league roster at some point this summer. A lot of people were high on Sappelt and Mesoraco before Spring Training and their performance has only enhanced fans view of them.

zacharync
03-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Too bad for Sappelt. Outstanding spring hitting .500+. Hope to see him on the 25 very soon.

mroby85
03-26-2011, 02:00 PM
That kinda stinks that Sappelt has been sent down after the way he played all spring. I'd at least like to see him get a shot until he proved he needs more work in the minors. I also thought Mesoraco might get a shot with Ramon being a little banged up, but I guess not.

Eric the Red
03-26-2011, 02:44 PM
I wonder how much of a factor Sappelt not being on the 40-man roster weighed into the decision to send him down. This Louisville team will be fun to watch.

Jefferson24
03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
I wonder how much of a factor Sappelt not being on the 40-man roster weighed into the decision to send him down. This Louisville team will be fun to watch.

I would like to think that it was really the only reason. He out played everybody in camp. It's too bad they didn't make room for him on the 40.

DirtyBaker
03-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Its crazy, but I think AAA Louisville may be better than the Pirates.

Kiss the Baby00
03-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Its crazy, but I think AAA Louisville may be better than the Pirates.

the pirates will be decent this year. gone are the days of easily rolling the pirates in 2 of 3

mlh1981
03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
the pirates will be decent this year. gone are the days of easily rolling the pirates in 2 of 3

Disagree.

The Pirates have some bats, but the starting pitching is still terrible.

baron23
03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I just looked at the bats roster and it has dontrelle willis on their pitching staff. did i miss something? i haven't seen anything about him getting cut yet. also, sappelt, valaika and mesoraco are on the roster, so it's up-to-date.

Eric the Red
03-26-2011, 07:17 PM
I just looked at the bats roster and it has dontrelle willis on their pitching staff. did i miss something? i haven't seen anything about him getting cut yet. also, sappelt, valaika and mesoraco are on the roster, so it's up-to-date.

Could be because Willis is not on the Reds 40-man roster and they have to put him somewhere? I haven't seen anything either that said Dontrelle was reassigned to Louisville.

roby
03-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Yes. Dontrelle was sent down...along with Hermida.

wlf WV
03-27-2011, 01:34 PM
If it wasn't for Grandall and Alonso's contracts putting them on the 40 man roster,Sappelt would be going north.I wonder if all teams have any policy about putting prospects on the 40 man,or is it all by negotiations.

Girevik
03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
If it wasn't for Grandall and Alonso's contracts putting them on the 40 man roster,Sappelt would be going north.I wonder if all teams have any policy about putting prospects on the 40 man,or is it all by negotiations.

That's a BIG negoiating point for first rounds. I have to think it's becoming pretty much standard for a top prospect to be on the 40 man from the get go. Personally, I hate it.