PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez Retires

texasdave
04-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Just heard on the radio that ManRam has retired. No other details given. I will look for a link. LOL. Further detail just came in. MLB recently notified Ramirez there was an issue under the Major League Drug Agreement. Manny notified MLB that instead of continuing with the process he is going to retire. That hints that Manny once again was a cheating dog.

texasdave
04-08-2011, 04:27 PM
All those wonderful numbers Manny put up. Forget them. Ramirez will still be allowed to visit the HOF in Cooperstown. He just won't be part of it. Players are still out there cheating. Anyone that thinks the game is clean is naive.

texasdave
04-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Link from ORG:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

LeDoux
04-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm gonna miss that baggy uniform.

LeDoux
04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Anyone that thinks the game is clean is naive.

If you ever find an organization that is clean let me know. I'll devote my life to it.

Fullboat
04-08-2011, 04:32 PM
If Manny were still with the Red Sox,would he have been caught?

Krawhitham
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Tampa Bay Rays designated hitter Manny Ramirez is retiring.

Major League Baseball announced the move in a statement on Friday.

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."

Ramirez was entering his 18th season in the majors. He played with the Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox and Rays. He has a .312 career batting average with 1,831 RBIs and 555 homers.

Reds
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Blindsided by this news.

texasdave
04-08-2011, 04:35 PM
If you ever find an organization that is clean let me know. I'll devote my life to it.

I know for a fact that my little league team - Sheldon Tigers - has noone using steroids. But they abuse the heck out of Sunny Delight, Twinkies and Fruit Roll-Ups.

Krawhitham
04-08-2011, 04:35 PM
It could be something as simple as pot, I do not know if I have ever seen Manny on TV when he did not look stoned

Reds
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
**scrambles to find pictures of manny with ricky williams**

LeDoux
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I know for a fact that my little league team - Sheldon Tigers - has noone using steroids. But they abuse the heck out of Sunny Delight, Twinkies and Fruit Roll-Ups.

Sounds like that team had a serious Performance Diminishing Food & Beverage (PDF&B) problem. I just called my Congressman. Expect hearings soon.

texasdave
04-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds like that team had a serious Performance Diminishing Food & Beverage (PDF&B) problem. I just called my Congressman. Expect hearings soon.

This team had such a serious sugar/corn syrup buzz going that most of them didn't sleep all summer. But we won our league. That's a fair exchange in my book.

PS Your Congressman just emailed me and said he was too busy shutting down the government to get involved. Saved by bureaucracy. Nice.

bagz
04-08-2011, 05:16 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Nothing like a good sugar addiction.

LeDoux
04-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Your Congressman just emailed me and said he was too busy shutting down the government to get involved. Saved by bureaucracy. Nice.

I have my Janet Napolitano approved Armageddon Kit, so I am not worried.

mlh1981
04-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Once he got suspended in 2008, he was done after that. The Rays knew they were taking a chance, and it backfired.

bagz
04-08-2011, 05:24 PM
When the going gets tough..............ManRam retires. Don't let the door hit you in the back. MLB will be better off without him and his antics. He probably come back in a year or 2.

FloridaBuckeye
04-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I have a feeling this wont be the last well be seeing of Manny... I dont think he can give it up just yet

ruREaDy2
04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm not saying I condone all of his antics, but that guy was intriguing to watch. If you think about it, why do we REALLY sit in front of TV sets or go to stadiums/arenas to watch games? To be entertained that's why. And Man-Ram was entertaining, whether you dislike the guy or not, that much is certain.

Red in Atl
04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
It could be something as simple as pot, I do not know if I have ever seen Manny on TV when he did not look stoned

Exactly. Manny is a big time stoner. He's over the hill and doesn't have a hit this year. Why deal with it if you are him. Retire and smoke all the weed you want Manny.

jlb1705
04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I'll say the same thing about Manny Ramirez that I say about Pete Rose.

He should be in the Hall of Fame part of the reason for having a Hall of Fame is to chronicle the history of the game. That history is incomplete without acknowledging him. Put him in the Hall and acknowledge his transgressions on his plaque as well as his accomplishments. Maybe great players will treat the game with a little more respect if that kind of stuff is cast in bronze for posterity.

Parliament
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM

This is what i'm thinking as well

Girevik
04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
I have a feeling this wont be the last well be seeing of Manny... I dont think he can give it up just yet

If so, he'd better hurry up and unretire quick, so he can serve his suspension this season and come back next year. No one is going to sign him next year if he's going to have to sit out the first 2/3 of the season.

bounty37h
04-11-2011, 10:05 AM
I'll say the same thing about Manny Ramirez that I say about Pete Rose.

He should be in the Hall of Fame part of the reason for having a Hall of Fame is to chronicle the history of the game. That history is incomplete without acknowledging him. Put him in the Hall and acknowledge his transgressions on his plaque as well as his accomplishments. Maybe great players will treat the game with a little more respect if that kind of stuff is cast in bronze for posterity.

I kind of agree with with your saying; the HOF is to chronicle the game and there are plenty of players/games/stats/records etc acknowledged there. However, being voted to the HOF is different, that is to honor the best of the best, not just chronicle, and if your cheating I dont think you should be honored. Recoginize him in the history of the game within the Hall, but dont ever vote him into the Hall IMO.