PDA

View Full Version : Arroyo Needs to Set the Tone

arkimadee
04-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Hopefully Bronson can have a good game tonight and give the Reds some solid innings. They need to win tonight for many different reasons, but the biggest reason is to get rid of the foul mood that me and many of my fellow redszone fans are in right now. What a HORRIBLE homestand! I think a good start from Arroyo is just what this team needs to spark some energy into it. Also more than 11,000 people in the stands would be nice.

BuckWild03
04-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Agreed. I'd like to see Bronson go 7 innings tonight. Give the bullpen a bit of a rest. Who knows what kind of mindset Mike Leake will be in tomorrow.

cbowen2112
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I hope Bronson feels better and spins another gem against the snakes. If he can go 7 or 8 innings, we will be well rested going in to the weekend. He needs to step it up and be the veteran leader. He will always have those 8-9 run games, but even if he has one of those, I would rather stick with him and lose then keeping using the bullpen. I know every game counts, but even more so against division opponents.

Simon Rhymon
04-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Arroyo is frustratingly inconsistent. When his control and movement are on, he can be very tough. When they aren't, he can be a batting practice pitcher. His ERA is probably going to be around 4.0, but there is always hope when he takes the mound that he will eat innings and have his good stuff.

DirtyBaker
04-20-2011, 02:09 PM
After his last start I'm expecting him to bonce back. We gotta stop this losing streak.

His line 11 days ago @ ARI: 6 IP, 8 H, 1 E, 6 K, no walks.
I'll take that again in a heartbeat. Factor in he's almost fully recovered from mono, he may go 7 innings.

thorn
04-20-2011, 02:23 PM
If you noticed his last start he was coughing several times during the game, I am sure he is still feeling some affects of Mono. I hope he has a good game but I wouldn't hold my breath he does.