PDA

View Full Version : past Fridays watching

bounty37h
04-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Had to watch the game Fri night on the Cards home cookin' station, I know teams broadcasters are going to homerize it for thier team, but this was the worst I have ever seen. I had to turn it off after 4 innings because I couldnt stomach it anymore. They talked the entire time about the fight, how its in the past, teams have moved one, balh blah blah, but then ran the dang thing into the ground. I have never heard someone so "over it" go on for so long. They should be forced to listen to their broadcast the next day, as punishment but also to see how horrible they are. Then when BPhil was on and a threat to steal (if I recall correct), one of the idiots said something to the effect of "wouldnt it be bad if there was an errant throw and just nailed him". Classy. I would think most teams would fire or at least suspend a broadcaster for a comment like he made.

DaytonFlyer
04-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Hmmm. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they almost sound like whiny b****es.

Almost.

tkemmerer14
04-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Where I live I get FS Midwest and FSOhio and I have to say the Cards broadcast on FSMW is HORRIBLE. They honestly think that they are the absolute best at EVERYTHING! Thom and Chris Welsh always give credit and compliment other players and always tell the viewer what opposing players strengths are. If a guy goes out and makes a play against the Cardinals it's always a matter of luck. Worst sports broadcast I've ever seen in my life

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm not a fan of Dan and Al on FSMW. I do love it however when Rick Horton is filling in. I'd wish they'd give him the full time job with someone like Mike Matheny.

Red in Atl
04-25-2011, 11:24 AM
The Cardinals my be "Whiny ******s", but then what does that make the Reds? A word that starts with a "P" works for me.

Haven't won a series in STL since '06. They scored 3 earned runs in the whole series. This is the team that always thinks it will win?

Except when they play STL. It's disgusting to watch. Makes me yearn for one player who isn't on the bench saying,

"Oooo playing the Cardinals is twwooo scary for me. I'm affwaid of those guys. Let's hurry home so we can woose 3 out of 4 to the Pirates again."

And these guys are favored to win the Central? They will be lucky to place third.

:confused:

bounty37h
04-25-2011, 11:38 AM
^It does seem like they play scared, dont seem to have that fire/intensity when its the Card series

Shawn_RedsFan
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
The Cardinals my be "Whiny ******s", but then what does that make the Reds? A word that starts with a "P" works for me.

Haven't won a series in STL since '06. They scored 3 earned runs in the whole series. This is the team that always thinks it will win?

Except when they play STL. It's disgusting to watch. Makes me yearn for one player who isn't on the bench saying,

"Oooo playing the Cardinals is twwooo scary for me. I'm affwaid of those guys. Let's hurry home so we can woose 3 out of 4 to the Pirates again."

And these guys are favored to win the Central? They will be lucky to place third.
:confused:

good post beside the text in bold LOL

we'll talk in October ;)

mckbearcat48
04-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Dan and Al suck. No argument there. Al is OK with Rick Horton, but Dan is a lost cause. I don't think he actually watches baseball.

Reds
04-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Joe Buck sent baseball back 20 years with his sleeping walking broadcast on Saturday. It was one of the most monotone and lifeless announcing jobs I have ever heard and (with all due respect to his father) Buck should be released of his national Fox position.