PDA

View Full Version : Change it up...

Who Dey Time
04-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Normally, I'm not a big proponent of making big changes to a lineup as, IMO, a good team will prove it over the course of 162 games. However, I think that a couple of changes are needed in the short term given the Rolen injury and others' struggles. Here is one that I came up with for tonight:

Heisey LF
Cairo 3B
Votto 1B
Phillips 2B
Stubbs CF
Hernandez C
Bruce RF
Renteria SS
Arroyo P

Thoughts? What have you come up with?

Girevik
04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I really like Phillips in the #2 spot, and he seems to be most comfortable there. He's been tried at #1 and #4 and has never seemed to have the success.

brm7675
04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Normally, I'm not a big proponent of making big changes to a lineup as, IMO, a good team will prove it over the course of 162 games. However, I think that a couple of changes are needed in the short term given the Rolen injury and others' struggles. Here is one that I came up with for tonight:

Heisey LF
Cairo 3B
Votto 1B
Phillips 2B
Stubbs CF
Hernandez C
Bruce RF
Renteria SS
Arroyo P

Thoughts? What have you come up with?

Why in the world would you play Renteria? with Cario at third you MUST have Janish in the game to cover for Cario's shortcomings at 3rd.

Red in Atl
04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Do not take BP out of the 2 hole. It's the only place he should ever bat.

CrimsonCrusader
04-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I think changes SHOULD maybe take place...but I feel as the others do. BP in 2nd seems to be okay...and okay is better than worse, far as I'm concerned.

krm1580
04-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I know its probably blasphemy but.

LF Heisey
2B Phillips
RF Bruce
1B Votto
CF Stubbs
C Hernandez
3B Cairo
SS Whoever

Bruce is in a funk right now and I think he would see a lot more fastballs if he bats in front of Votto. IF he gets the bat going I think things can turn around quickly.

bshall2105
04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Only things that need to change are...

Stubbs needs to move down with Heisey and eventually Lewis leading off
Renteria needs more ab's
Hernandez should hit 5th when he is in the lineup

Other than that I don't see the team seriously contending until we can get an average cleanup hitter behind Votto.

Seņor Rojo
04-25-2011, 05:59 PM
I really think you could put several different lineups out there without a change in production. The main reason this club is slumping is that no one has stepped up in Rolen's absence and the Reds will continue to defeat themselves until someone comes forward. They aren't the same team without him.

VottoFan54
04-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I like the idea of having Heisey in left and hitting leadoff while bumping Stubbs down to 5 or 6 but I wouldn't do that tonight because of them having a lefty on the hill, however I would have Heisey leadoff vs righties.

Red in Atl
04-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Do not take BP out of the 2 hole. It's the only place he should ever bat.

Wrong again...:lol:

Cuban_Missile
04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Until Rolen is back I don't think the Reds need to think about touching the lineup we had last night.

Captain13
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Until Rolen is back I don't think the Reds need to think about touching the lineup we had last night.

:thumbup::beerme::thumbup: I agree :thumbup::beerme::thumbup: