PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter STILL trying to explain it to his son (and daughter)

Reverend Doo-Rag
04-25-2011, 11:57 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/st-louis-cardinals-cincinnati-reds-notebook-042511

justincredible
04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Carpenter concludes: “It’s not what baseball is, not what baseball is about.”

Hmm...perhaps if he hadn't started mouthing off to Dusty when everything looked to be calm then things wouldn't have escalated like the did. Idiot.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, Carpenter still playing the family card, Phillips still running his mouth and loving every minute of it.

Problem?

justincredible
04-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, Carpenter still playing the family card, Phillips still running his mouth and loving every minute of it.

Problem?

Phillips isn't playing holier-than-thou.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Eh, I don't see how Carp's attitude is any better or worse than Phillips'... It's two different sides of the same coin.

SidneySlicker
04-25-2011, 03:23 PM
They are only giving Carp crap because he won't let it go. So as long as he keeps whining about it then people will continue to talk about it and view him as a whiner. Just like they do alot of the Cardinals namely their manager. If it was a reporter that brought it up all Carp had to say "Thats in the past and we are focused on moving forward" and he would have been done with it, but he chose to keep whining.

As for Phillips, I think if BP could take back the comments he made last year he would, but he can't. Since then his tweets have been good natured ribbing. What do you want the guy to say? He's having fun with it and if the Cards can't take it in stride, then that's a them problem not a bp problem.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
As for Phillips, I think if BP could take back the comments he made last year he would, but he can't. Since then his tweets have been good natured ribbing. What do you want the guy to say? He's having fun with it and if the Cards can't take it in stride, then that's a them problem not a bp problem.

What makes you think we can't take it in stride? I think the Cards fans are having fun with it, just like he is. He's fun to hate.

As far as Carp goes, I'm pretty sure if he pitched for the Reds, you'd all love him just as much as you hate him now. Maybe not, but I think he'd just a guy you love to have on the team and hate to have on another team.

I think the guy Cards fans really take issue with is Cueto. Yeah, Cueto was pinned up against the net (I'm sure he was just afraid, after all of the injuries he'd suffered during the brawl). Yeah, LaRue was probably only a few years from retirement anyway as a 36 year old catcher who was clearly beyond his prime. After all, he was behind the plate for ~6500 innings as a Red. That's tough on the knees.

Cueto still kicked him... in the head. As far as I know, he's never apologized or made a single sympathetic noise about the situation. I don't know if Cueto meant to hurt anybody... I think it was just a heat-of-the-moment thing. However, I think he should still be expected to make some kind of statement about it. I firmly believe that if Wainwright, Carpenter, or anybody else on the Cardinals had really injured someone, intentionally or not, we'd be expecting them to at least make a statement. ESPECIALLY if it was someone like Rolen, Edmonds, or any other former Cardinal.

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 04:03 PM
They are only giving Carp crap because he won't let it go. So as long as he keeps whining about it then people will continue to talk about it and view him as a whiner. Just like they do alot of the Cardinals namely their manager. If it was a reporter that brought it up all Carp had to say "Thats in the past and we are focused on moving forward" and he would have been done with it, but he chose to keep whining.

Reds fans seem to see Phillips is an angel and Carp as the devil. Course, in St. Louis, we see Carp as a classy guy and Phillips as one of the most arrogant players in all of baseball. All a matter of perspective.

Who do Reds fans hate more, Carpenter or Yadi? :)

Reds
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I have heard he has scars from the fight, but really who walks around without clothes on in front of their children? :lol:

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
I have heard he has scars from the fight, but really who walks around without clothes on in front of their children? :lol:

The scars are on his back. you trying to tell me that father's NEVER walk around without shirts on?

cardszone
04-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I always wear a burka when near my children.

AintlifeGrande
04-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Hmm...perhaps if he hadn't started mouthing off to Dusty when everything looked to be calm then things wouldn't have escalated like the did. Idiot.

He needs to tell his kids about ''pouring coals on an already burning fire''.Guys like him see no wrong on the baseball diamond.Real classy of him to start jawing at Dusty,

bshall2105
04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Reds fans seem to see Phillips is an angel and Carp as the devil. Course, in St. Louis, we see Carp as a classy guy and Phillips as one of the most arrogant players in all of baseball. All a matter of perspective.

Reds fans have been critical of Phillips from day one. Personally he is my favorite player and in my eyes can do no wrong, but many Reds fans don't feel this way.

Todd Gack
04-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Carp, by far.

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Carp, by far.

Good to know. In St. Louis, so far it's been Phillips, but if Cueto ever pitches here (the feeling here is that he's too afraid to), he will get the Phillips treatment as well.

CrimsonCrusader
04-25-2011, 07:06 PM
I always wear a burka when near my children.

Hmmm....trying to be funny there, Bird Boy?

I'd watch it. That's pretty close to an off-color statement.

Kradokk
04-25-2011, 08:23 PM
My issue, is that I have never seen Carp apologize for his part in the brawl. If Cueto should apologize for violently acting out when pushed against the screen, Carp should apologize for his part in fanning the flames. He has to take some responsibility for his part in everything, including LaRue's career ending injury. Like it or not, everyone who participated has to shoulder some blame.

The thing with BP, is that many Reds fans hate him too. Why, I will never understand. I don't live in Ohio, but from someone who lives in California, I see no issue with BPs overall flamboyant "NBA player" type attitude. I have to question if some aspect of it is just purely deep seeded, possibly sometime subconscious racism. I could be wrong. It also could just be because that is "not how the game is played" in the midwest.

Personally, I love BP, and love him as a Red, but he is a very polarizing figure.

BluegrassRedleg
04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
I feel for Carpenter's kids and LaRue's concussions plight, but also grow tired of hearing about Cueto's part in the brawl. People who say "men don't fight with their feet," blah blah blah have probably never been in a fight or put on their ass before. You do what it takes, and if the other guy(s) doesn't like it, they shouldn't be trying to smash your face in.

They talk about it like Cueto was in an upright position and just chose to go Danielsan on LaRue. That wasn't the case at all. Self-preservation.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Hmmm....trying to be funny there, Bird Boy?

I'd watch it. That's pretty close to an off-color statement.

Yes, I'm trying to be funny. I don't see how it's even remotely close to off-color. I'm making fun of the guy all bent out of shape about Carp's kids seeing his back, as though that's somehow lewd.

Vottomatic
04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Cardinal players will always be bigger babies than the Reds players. Everyone in baseball knows how bad they are in terms of crying.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 09:16 PM
My issue, is that I have never seen Carp apologize for his part in the brawl. If Cueto should apologize for violently acting out when pushed against the screen, Carp should apologize for his part in fanning the flames. He has to take some responsibility for his part in everything, including LaRue's career ending injury. Like it or not, everyone who participated has to shoulder some blame.

There's a huge difference between mouthing off at someone, and acting violently. Players, and managers, jaw at each-other all of the time. How often has that resulted in someone sustaining a head injury? Kicking someone in the head, on the other hand... usually results in a head injury.

I have to question if some aspect of it is just purely deep seeded, possibly sometime subconscious racism. I could be wrong.

You're wrong... and that's a pretty absurd accusation to toss out there.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 09:19 PM
I feel for Carpenter's kids and LaRue's concussions plight, but also grow tired of hearing about Cueto's part in the brawl. People who say "men don't fight with their feet," blah blah blah have probably never been in a fight or put on their ass before. You do what it takes, and if the other guy(s) doesn't like it, they shouldn't be trying to smash your face in.

They talk about it like Cueto was in an upright position and just chose to go Danielsan on LaRue. That wasn't the case at all. Self-preservation.

Again, I'm not saying Cueto was intentionally trying to harm LaRue. I just think that if you kick, and you hit someone's head, you might want to be a little apologetic about it.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Cardinal players will always be bigger babies than the Reds players. Everyone in baseball knows how bad they are in terms of crying.

The only Card I can think of who I'd say complains regularly is Carp. Who else are you thinking of? Overall, I think we have a pretty classy club (as do you... overall).

TeamSelig
04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Cueto too scared to pitch in StL? Please. Why would a grown man be afraid of being booed?

CrimsonCrusader
04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Yes, I'm trying to be funny. I don't see how it's even remotely close to off-color. I'm making fun of the guy all bent out of shape about Carp's kids seeing his back, as though that's somehow lewd.

Trying...but, well...not succeeding.

And it doesn't surprise me that you don't see it being off-color.

I would stick to wife-beaters, maybe...EVERYONE wears those...instead of burkas. No religious or creed type of connotations there.

foxfire123
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
There's a huge difference between mouthing off at someone, and acting violently. Players, and managers, jaw at each-other all of the time. How often has that resulted in someone sustaining a head injury? Kicking someone in the head, on the other hand... usually results in a head injury.

Why? We don't know what Carpenter said, but it must have been *something* for both Dusty and Rolen to react like they did. It could have been anything from something as simple as calling him a donkey's behind or mother this to something racial, we don't know. But the fact is if Carpenter would have kept his stupid mouth SHUT, round 2 wouldn't have happened. So he's at fault TOO.

As for Larue, yes, I agree Cueto shouldn't have kicked him, but the underlying factor is that Larue had had MULTIPLE concussions in the past, so even a very, very mild one could have been "the one" to push him over the edge of one too many concussions. Larue was also on the way out, and you cannot blame Cueto entirely for him retiring.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Why? We don't know what Carpenter said, but it must have been *something* for both Dusty and Rolen to react like they did. It could have been anything from something as simple as calling him a donkey's behind or mother this to something racial, we don't know. But the fact is if Carpenter would have kept his stupid mouth SHUT, round 2 wouldn't have happened. So he's at fault TOO.

As for Larue, yes, I agree Cueto shouldn't have kicked him, but the underlying factor is that Larue had had MULTIPLE concussions in the past, so even a very, very mild one could have been "the one" to push him over the edge of one too many concussions. Larue was also on the way out, and you cannot blame Cueto entirely for him retiring.

I agree with what you said about LaRue, but disagree about Carp. I think Cueto is far more at fault for the injury to LaRue than Carp is. I think Carp contributed more to the overall brawl, but Cueto contributed more to the injury.

I also agree that it's not entirely Cueto's fault, for the very reason you said (multiple concussions in the past). However, I still think some sort of statement "It was the heat of the moment, I never intended to injure anybody, and I apologize to Jason for the part I played in the injury he sustained."

foxfire123
04-25-2011, 11:49 PM
How do you know he hasn't talked to Larue tho? Not everything has to be played out in the media. Some things should and are handled privately, the media tends to over inflame things to much, and maybe Cueto felt that handling things privately was better than putting it all out there for the world to see. and judge. His rep is *always* going to be as "The Kicker", so why drag it out more in the media?

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Carpenter's role. He helped create and added to the situation that led to "the kick". If he hadn't opened his mouth, round two may not have happened, and the kick may not have happened, so he shares some level of responsibility IMO.

ETA: Not saying that Carpenter shares the *same* level of responsibility--Cueto overreacted and caused injury. I don't think he went out there *intending* to go all Chuck Norris, but it happened. He farked up. But Carpenter should man up and accept some responsibility also.

tennredleg
04-26-2011, 04:44 AM
well said.

The thing with BP, is that many Reds fans hate him too. Why, I will never understand. I don't live in Ohio, but from someone who lives in California, I see no issue with BPs overall flamboyant "NBA player" type attitude. I have to question if some aspect of it is just purely deep seeded, possibly sometime subconscious racism. I could be wrong. It also could just be because that is "not how the game is played" in the midwest.

Personally, I love BP, and love him as a Red, but he is a very polarizing figure.
I've been a Reds fan for as long as I can remember and never once have I felt even a little bit hesitant to give 100% of my support to a Red. but you nailed it, he's a very polarizing figure.

I don't think it's too absurd at all. I grew up in that area and even though most people wouldn't consider themselves racist they have some underlying issues with it. personally, I dislike most athletes who are arrogant. as mentioned, that could be the reason some Reds fans dislike Phillips. I love him, but wish he would just stay quiet sometimes.

You do what it takes, and if the other guy(s) doesn't like it, they shouldn't be trying to smash your face in.

Self-preservation.
exactly. who knows what was going through his mind when all that was going on. the adrenaline is pumping hard and sometimes there is no thought process, just reactions.

Cueto should apologize, and so should Carpenter.

personally, I dislike Molina slightly more. I wanted to break things when he hit that HR two nights ago to give them the 3-0 lead.

Vottomatic
04-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Trying...but, well...not succeeding.

And it doesn't surprise me that you don't see it being off-color.

I would stick to wife-beaters, maybe...EVERYONE wears those...instead of burkas. No religious or creed type of connotations there.

Does a racist know when they're making racist comments? Probably not.

Vottomatic
04-26-2011, 06:28 AM
I agree with what you said about LaRue, but disagree about Carp. I think Cueto is far more at fault for the injury to LaRue than Carp is. I think Carp contributed more to the overall brawl, but Cueto contributed more to the injury.

I also agree that it's not entirely Cueto's fault, for the very reason you said (multiple concussions in the past). However, I still think some sort of statement "It was the heat of the moment, I never intended to injure anybody, and I apologize to Jason for the part I played in the injury he sustained."

It was all a Larussa charade. Played to the hilt.

Larue stunk anyway, so Larussa managed to use him as a pawn and in the end get rid of him while blaming the Reds. Typically Cardinal organizational behavior.

DocRed
04-26-2011, 09:32 AM
I honestly feel for Carpenter....it's got to be hard to explain to your son, who probably looks up to him, how you got your *** kicked in a fight.

Old NDN
04-26-2011, 10:13 AM
well said.

I've been a Reds fan for as long as I can remember and never once have I felt even a little bit hesitant to give 100% of my support to a Red. but you nailed it, he's a very polarizing figure.

I don't think it's too absurd at all. I grew up in that area and even though most people wouldn't consider themselves racist they have some underlying issues with it. personally, I dislike most athletes who are arrogant. as mentioned, that could be the reason some Reds fans dislike Phillips. I love him, but wish he would just stay quiet sometimes.

exactly. who knows what was going through his mind when all that was going on. the adrenaline is pumping hard and sometimes there is no thought process, just reactions.

Cueto should apologize, and so should Carpenter.

personally, I dislike Molina slightly more. I wanted to break things when he hit that HR two nights ago to give them the 3-0 lead.

Thanks. You saved me a lot of typing. Pretty much my sentiments, also. I guess I'm too old school to like Phillips' behavior, but I can appreciate his talents. He just needs to shut up and play. Everybody who watched the telecast of the brawl has their own images that sticks. Mine was of Carpenter leering and mouthing that preceded the kicking melee. I really think Cueto was scared to death. Still doesn't condone the kicking. As for being afraid to pitch in St. Louis: He hasn't since, whatever the reason. I'm sure if any apologies have occurred from either side, it would have been publicized somewhere.

bounty37h
04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Good to know. In St. Louis, so far it's been Phillips, but if Cueto ever pitches here (the feeling here is that he's too afraid to), he will get the Phillips treatment as well.

Oh no, not the boo birds, ya'll are a bad bunch of dudes with the booing

bounty37h
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
There's a huge difference between mouthing off at someone, and acting violently. Players, and managers, jaw at each-other all of the time. How often has that resulted in someone sustaining a head injury (a lot, thats what happens when you start fights, you might get hurt in the fight you started))? Kicking someone in the head, on the other hand... usually results in a head injury.

tkemmerer14
04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't know why any Reds fan could dislike BP. He's really gotten in trouble for talking once. My roommate is a Cubs fan (:thumbdown:) and he loves Brandon Phillips. The guy has fun playing the game and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that there are so many baseball purists who think that the game should be the exact same as it was in 1950. Phillips said what was on his mind and basically said the same thing a lot of us were thinking, but we have to criminalize him for that because he's a pro athlete. Get over it. This needs to be a rivalry over great baseball and not petty little fights.

As for Carpenter, yeah he had a role in starting the fight and no one know what he said but the kicking should never happen.

As for Cueto being afraid to pitch in St. Louis...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Everyone needs to stop bringing up the fight. We all have our differences and I know I would not have a problem with Carpenter's whining if he didnt torch us every time he pitches. I have alway disliked Yadi before this fight so he's my least favorite Cardinal (besides the skipper). Lets just have a clean rivalry before something happens to a someone like in the SF LA game this year. :beerme: have a beer and talk some friendly smack to your favorite cards fan.

GO REDS

Brisco
04-26-2011, 10:46 AM

Unrelated to this BP/Carp/Cueto likability/blame discussion... the idea that Cueto has not pitched in STL out of choice, let alone fear is simply not borne out by reality. First, unlike the Cardinals, The Reds have never adjusted their rotation for a cards series. Second, and more importantly, there have been exactly two Reds/Cards series since the brawl. Cueto pitched the game before the first series, on his regular rotation slot, so would have had no ability to pitch the following three days. The second series was this past weekend.

Are Cards fans really arguing/believing that Cueto went on the DL for the first month of the season just to avoid the chance he might pitch in St Louis?

If i was a Cards fan, i probably would not have any fond thoughts for Cueto... but c'mon stick with reality in the criticism. Up to this point, Cueto could not have pitched against the Cards even if he wanted to.

CrimsonCrusader
04-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Does a racist know when they're making racist comments? Probably not.

Well said. :thumbup:

CySeymour
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Cueto too scared to pitch in StL? Please. Why would a grown man be afraid of being booed?

Agreed. Plus, Cueto is from the Dominican, where things can get very scary for players. I don't think a few upset fans will scare him away.

Cuban_Missile
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Oh no, not the boo birds, ya'll are a bad bunch of dudes with the booing

I got booed at Elder during our last game there so bad that I cried and didn't even play. Oh wait no I used it as fuel went in and crushed their QB and won the game. So yeah bring out the BOO's for Cueto he will just use it as fuel.

bounty37h
04-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I got booed at Elder during our last game there so bad that I cried and didn't even play. Oh wait no I used it as fuel went in and crushed their QB and won the game. So yeah bring out the BOO's for Cueto he will just use it as fuel.

I had a guy boo me once at a game, I asked him if he was trying to counter his girl cheering so hard for me at night. Didn't hear another boo out of him.

Cuban_Missile
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I had a guy boo me once at a game, I asked him if he was trying to counter his girl cheering so hard for me at night. Didn't hear another boo out of him.

Yeah I bet haha that is good

mlh1981
04-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Carpenter has had ALOT to explain to his son over the past year (judging by Redszone posts)

Sooner or later, his boy is gonna be be like "hey dad......shut up!" :p

CrimsonCrusader
04-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Carpenter has had ALOT to explain to his son over the past year (judging by Redszone posts)

Sooner or later, his boy is gonna be be like "hey dad......shut up!" :p

"Crapenter...you've got some 'splaining to do!" ...LOL....

In all seriousness...judging by the majority of opinions (including mine) on this topic, if he would just "shut up," or at least, leave it in the past, he'd be a little better off.

Sean_CaseyRules
04-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Carp, by A LOT. Yadi has been nothing but classy this year when he speaks of the Reds. ESPN had an interview with him after the game with his 3-R shot, and he was giving a lot of respect to the Reds for playing hard and stuff. I've got no quarrel with Yadi, other than he's a Card :p ;)

But everything that has been in the news about Carpenter just irks me more than anyone else...Calling out his own teammates, complaining about the balls (although nothing was said about them until he gave up a HR), and just other things where he complains a lot. I understand things don't go your way all the time, but it just seems like he complains A LOT.

Swampturkey
04-26-2011, 10:13 PM
My issue, is that I have never seen Carp apologize for his part in the brawl. If Cueto should apologize for violently acting out when pushed against the screen, Carp should apologize for his part in fanning the flames.

I'd rather have no apology than a fake one. No one in Cardinals nation believed Cuetos speech about being sorry. He was smiling the entire time. It's was pathetic actually. He's still despised here.

Hey Meat
04-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Aww what a good daddy. Sure hope he teaches his kids not to whine like he does.

bshall2105
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd rather have no apology than a fake one. No one in Cardinals nation believed Cuetos speech about being sorry. He was smiling the entire time. It's was pathetic actually. He's still despised here.

Why is he still despised? It's not like he instigated the fight. Also Cueto is a fairly quiet person and somewhat shy in front of the camera. People giggle when they are in an uncomfortable situation, he was not happy that he supposedly ended LaRue's career, which I still doubt.

RedsFanInBama
04-28-2011, 02:03 AM
New season, Cardinals are still a bunch of [female dogs].

bounty37h
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM

I agree with swamp donkey, er, jiveturkey; thats why I dont really care that Carp hasnt apologized, as I dont believe it would be sincere.

Gunner44
04-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Pathetic actually was Priss whining after the fight that started with him and his team being called whiny (female dog) and then acting like he had no part when he clearly reignited the situation. He's the pathetic one, still bringing it up playing the martyr. Brandon Phillips nailed it on the head about Carp.

BluegrassRedleg
04-29-2011, 02:53 AM
Again, I'm not saying Cueto was intentionally trying to harm LaRue. I just think that if you kick, and you hit someone's head, you might want to be a little apologetic about it.

Yeah, I can see that.

Swampturkey
04-29-2011, 11:57 PM

I don't call someone who was too "afraid" to remember to use his words and not his feet in a confrontation a "grown man". He conviently missed the final series at Busch last year when he was supposed to pitch in it. Fans here honestly think he's too chicken. Only way to prove he's not is to go out there and pitch.

Swampturkey
04-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Pathetic actually was Priss whining after the fight that started with him and his team being called whiny (female dog) and then acting like he had no part when he clearly reignited the situation. He's the pathetic one, still bringing it up playing the martyr. Brandon Phillips nailed it on the head about Carp.

When did he act like he had no part? He has stated over and over again SINCE then that he regrets the entire incident and hopes it'll be all about baseball from here on out. He's not playing a martyr at all. Rolen was asked about the incident last year during the series at Busch last week and he said nearly the same thing Carp did, about wanting to stick to baseball on the field. Was he being a "martyr" as well??

They way you guys feel about Carp is how St. Louis feels about Phillips and Cueto. Not ONE OUNCE of respect for either one of them.

Swampturkey
04-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Why is he still despised? It's not like he instigated the fight. Also Cueto is a fairly quiet person and somewhat shy in front of the camera. People giggle when they are in an uncomfortable situation, he was not happy that he supposedly ended LaRue's career, which I still doubt.

You're seriously asking why he's still despised??? Okay, imagine for a second that one of the Cardinals pitchers kicked one of your players in the head and that player never played again. Also imagine that he was a favorite in the clubhouse. You're telling me you wouldn't say a word about the Cards pitcher who did it? That he was only giggling during the "apology" because he was uncomfortable? C'mon! You know there'd be 3 or 4 threads here talking about how horrible he is!

When asked about LaRue during the Cardinals fanfest this past January, one of the broadcaster who was MCing the event said LaRue still suffers from post concussion syndrome and headaches. LaRue has said he was probably going to retire anyway, but the kick to the head is what made the decision a done deal. He just wanted to go out on his own terms and he didn't get to do that.

bounty37h
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't call someone who was too "afraid" to remember to use his words and not his feet in a confrontation a "grown man". He conviently missed the final series at Busch last year when he was supposed to pitch in it. Fans here honestly think he's too chicken. Only way to prove he's not is to go out there and pitch.

I dont consider someone who uses words to start a fight then becomes the baby and complains about the fight to be a man either.

DaytonFlyer
05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Jason LaRue was a favorite?

A martyr perhaps. But a favorite? What was he hitting at the time, .069?

swaisuc
05-02-2011, 03:40 PM

I don't mind Yadi at all really. The guy is a big part of this being a rivalry, but primarily for the right reasons. He steps up his game and his level of intensity to play us and he stepped up to Phillips on fight night. Thats not really a reason to hate a guy personally. He was sticking up for his team and he has been a man about it since. I don't see Phillips as an angel, but I see him similar to Yadi.

Carpenter, who had as much to do with the fight as Yadi did, consistently acts like an Ahole and then whines when things don't go exactly his way. I honestly hated Carpenter more than anyone else in MLB before the fight ever happened, but his actions/reaction was completely consistent with the reasons why.

bounty37h
05-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Jason LaRue was a favorite?

A martyr perhaps. But a favorite? What was he hitting at the time, .069?

Of course, duh! It fits their storyline better, you know, fan favorite taken out by evil kick. No one finds "hack who cant play anymore, is on his way out and this is coaches excuse for pity in fight" sexy...

bounty37h
05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't mind Yadi at all really. The guy is a big part of this being a rivalry, but primarily for the right reasons. He steps up his game and his level of intensity to play us and he stepped up to Phillips on fight night. Thats not really a reason to hate a guy personally. He was sticking up for his team and he has been a man about it since. I don't see Phillips as an angel, but I see him similar to Yadi.

Carpenter, who had as much to do with the fight as Yadi did, consistently acts like an Ahole and then whines when things don't go exactly his way. I honestly hated Carpenter more than anyone else in MLB before the fight ever happened, but his actions/reaction was completely consistent with the reasons why.

:beerme: good job!

Swampturkey
05-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Of course, duh! It fits their storyline better, you know, fan favorite taken out by evil kick. No one finds "hack who cant play anymore, is on his way out and this is coaches excuse for pity in fight" sexy...

If you would have actually read my post you would have noted that I said CLUBHOUSE favorite, not fan favorite. He was liked by the fans as a back-up, but not a fan favorite. He however was very popular in the clubhouse, or so MANY Cards players said upon his retirement.

bounty37h
05-04-2011, 11:33 AM
If you would have actually read my post you would have noted that I said CLUBHOUSE favorite, not fan favorite. He was liked by the fans as a back-up, but not a fan favorite. He however was very popular in the clubhouse, or so MANY Cards players said upon his retirement.

OK, then lets try this one out. Of course, duh! It fits their storyline better, you know, CLUBHOUSE favorite taken out by evil kick. No one finds "hack who cant play anymore, is on his way out and this is coaches excuse for pity in fight" sexy.