PDA

View Full Version : What a boring series

Magdal
04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry, but these last 3 games were dull...quite an anti-climax for 2 teams battling for 1st. on Nat. TV for the rubber game. Truth be told, either of the teams could have swept or BEEN swept....the scoring for both teams was putrid.

I had high hopes for some exiting baseball and got near bubkus!

When's the next rematch?

Reds
04-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I've never said this before.. but I'm thankful we're inside tonight, I am sick of paying attention to the weather in the midwest.

brm7675
04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry, but these last 3 games were dull...quite an anti-climax for 2 teams battling for 1st. on Nat. TV for the rubber game. Truth be told, either of the teams could have swept or BEEN swept....the scoring for both teams was putrid.

I had high hopes for some exiting baseball and got near bubkus!

When's the next rematch?

Really? I thought both Sat and Sunday's games were great...

Magdal
04-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I've never said this before.. but I'm thankful we're inside tonight, I am sick of paying attention to the weather in the midwest.

I know what you mean...7 strait days of rain in the Midwest, not to mention tornado's!

Reds
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I know what you mean...7 strait days of rain in the Midwest, not to mention tornado's!

I actually checked and Milwaukee has a 60% chance of storms tonight, thank you retractable roof :beerme:

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 06:55 PM

I'm sick of living in the weather in the midwest!!!!

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 06:57 PM

I enjoyed all three myself. Even sitting inside Busch with the tornado sirens going off on Friday, and the fireworks that didn't end until 1am.

brm7675
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I enjoyed all three myself. Even sitting inside Busch with the tornado sirens going off on Friday, and the fireworks that didn't end until 1am.

I hate to say this, but just from what I have seen on TV, I like the Cards new stadium much more then the Reds home. It just looks neat and the brick is wonderful, GABP is okay, but the Cards new home is to me a great ballpark, and would love to check it out someday.

CrimsonCrusader
04-25-2011, 07:17 PM

So am I...everytime I'm heading outside...LOL....because I live here! Get it? Get IT!?!

...O....K....

...I MEAN, "Yes, *ahem* it should be a very interesting matchup this evening...I'm looking forward to it".

Magdal
04-25-2011, 07:31 PM

Well, I like hitting and base stealing and plays at the plate....good pitching is boring.

In the last 2 games it got interesting in the 9th, and the other in the 8th....the other 16 were a total yawn. Both of these teams need to get some fire in their butts before the next meeting.

brm7675
04-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Well, I like hitting and base stealing and plays at the plate....good pitching is boring.

In the last 2 games it got interesting in the 9th, and the other in the 8th....the other 16 were a total yawn. Both of these teams need to get some fire in their butts before the next meeting.

How is good pitching boring? OMG it is the heart of this game. To see Volquez work throughout the game was great. Blowouts and high scoring games are boring, give me a 1-0 game anyday over a 7-6 game.

As for fire...what do you want them to do, beat each other up?:confused:

mlh1981
04-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Every stadium should have a retractable roof. Unacceptable in this day and age not to.

brm7675
04-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Every stadium should have a retractable roof. Unacceptable in this day and age not to.

To expensive plain and simple

CrimsonCrusader
04-25-2011, 08:02 PM

YouTube - HD VIKINGS METRODOME NFL FOOTBALL STADIUM COLLAPSE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4htxgWwAXc&feature=player_detailpage#t=1s)

...yeah...they're GREAT! lol.....:laugh:

Jack Burton
04-25-2011, 08:40 PM

+1

cardszone
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM

They greatly limit what you can do with your stadium, from an architecture point of view. I'd rather have a good looking, open-air stadium, even if I have to worry about a little rain in April. Baseball was meant to be played outdoors.

bounty37h
04-26-2011, 10:46 AM
They greatly limit what you can do with your stadium, from an architecture point of view. I'd rather have a good looking, open-air stadium, even if I have to worry about a little rain in April. Baseball was meant to be played outdoors.

I agree. I dont like closed stadiums, even if they are practical a few nights a year. Let football keep em, baseball is an outdoors game

Swampturkey
04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
I hate to say this, but just from what I have seen on TV, I like the Cards new stadium much more then the Reds home. It just looks neat and the brick is wonderful, GABP is okay, but the Cards new home is to me a great ballpark, and would love to check it out someday.

Like every stadium, it has it's good and bad parts. I loved the old Busch, but this one is definately more suited for baseball. It'll be better if they ever get ballpark village built...or even started.

I want to see every MLB ballpark in my lifetime. So far I've been to the Royals, Cubs, White Sox, Giants, A's, and of course Cardinals. My favorite, other than Busch, is actually the Royals, then Giants. Cubs is low on my list. Not a fan at all, and that's not just because of the team playing there. I hope to see San Diego and maybe one of the LA parks this year when I'm out that way for a family reunion. I also hope to see Cincinnati's one day soon.