PDA

View Full Version : George Grande back for the Week

jhc2010
04-26-2011, 01:41 AM
George Grande will call all three games in Milwaukee this week with Chris Welsh.

It only took him 5 outs before he started talking about Pujols.

DaytonFlyer
04-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Man, it must have killed him to be only one day late to the St. Louis series.

Did he get any Jim Edmonds references in? What with them being in Milwaukee and all.

Old NDN
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I like his pollyanna approach. Welcome back. I think he and Welch work well together. It beats the heck out of listening to Tommy Boy's inane laugh and blathering about /to "the Cowboy". JMO

jhiller21
04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Although I disliked Grande's PBP over the years it's actually kind of nice to have him back in there for a few games.

He did a decent job with Welsh last night, kudos to George... he's a really nice guy, just keep him on for 3-6 games a year and I'll be happy.

markymark69
04-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Although I disliked Grande's PBP over the years it's actually kind of nice to have him back in there for a few games.

He did a decent job with Welsh last night, kudos to George... he's a really nice guy, just keep him on for 3-6 games a year and I'll be happy.

Agreed.

Cuban_Missile
04-26-2011, 12:16 PM
It was absolutely a nice change of pace last night. I wouldn't want Grande all year but not a bad fill in for a couple games.

mlh1981
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Just IMAGINE Grande doing a game with Sean Casey. It would be like a couple of teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert. :laugh:

bigredmechanism
04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Just IMAGINE Grande doing a game with Sean Casey. It would be like a couple of teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert. :laugh:

Heh. They are both 'fun,' but in moderation. I like Brantley most of the time, but Thom just really gets on my nerves more and more.

DirtyBaker
04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
The less Grande I hear the better. I don't need my baseball sugar coated.

ruREaDy2
04-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Although he can be a little annoying and over-the-top sometimes I still think Grande is a class act. He's still better than listening to the Cowboy, or even Thom on some occasions, in my opinion.

wlf WV
04-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Grande and Welch are a great team.

Cant Touch This
04-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't have a problem with Grande. I actually find his enthusiasm endearing. He does get hooked on phrases from time to time. His current one is "picked his pocket." I've heard him use that saying four times already in the Brewers series.

jhc2010
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Grande refers to just about every baseball player as "brilliant". Albert Einstein was brilliant. Edgar Renterķa is not.

BAKER12
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I am the only one who misses Paul Keels. The guy was so bad, I loved it.
"Joey Votto has done at a great job at both spots in the lineup, hitting third and playing
1st base"
"On base percentage, a stat that often goes overlooked except in baseball"
How can you guys not love some Keels?

redsfanmia
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
I wish Grande and Welsh did all the games on TV. Bringing in Thom was a huge mistake IMO, he is just terrible. Marty gets negative for a reason, Thom gets negative to try to be like his Daddy and its totally unnecessary. Grande is great and is a class guy.

BAKER12
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Grande has always been goofy, but I love his enthusiasm. He is not a total homer, he does give props to the other team. Cowboy is alright, just mumbles and talks about food too much. Hate to say it, but thom reminds of Joe Buck. Son of a legend, who is a know it all and frankly seems like a guy who would be an ass. Have met Welsh and Grande and both are super nice guys. Jim Day also a nice, kind of dorky, but good guy.

BigPoppa
04-27-2011, 11:54 PM

This just made me bust out laughing in a public place. People are staring at me.

DirtyBaker
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
It seems like Grande talked about everything but game. He couldn't mention Votto or Fielder without throwing in a Pujols reference, or go on 5 minute rants trying to recall Reds memories of the 70s and late 80s meanwhile Chapman is fighting for his life to force extra innings. These were big games against a team we're fighting for a division title. It really doesn't bother people how nonchalant he sounds in high pressure situations in the late innings?

Face it, he just doesn't care about the Reds the way the Brenamens, Brantley, and Welsh do.