PDA

View Full Version : Devin Mesoraco

brm7675
04-29-2011, 11:17 AM
This kid seems to be doing nothing but getting better game in and game out. So....

1. Will we see this kid in cincy this season?
2. If we will when might we?
3. If we do then what changes do you make to the Reds catching situation?
4. or should we just give him a full season at AAA to mature and make the move in 2012?

mound_patrol
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
This kid seems to be doing nothing but getting better game in and game out. So....

4. or should we just give him a full season at AAA to mature and make the move in 2012?

I'm guessing we see him in June or July, thus keeping him out of Super 2 status
I think the reds will look to deal one of Hernandez/Hanigan...with the Red Sox being a very possible destination.

bounty37h
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Not sure to be honest, will we ride the H duo this season and let one walk at the end or trade one this season and bring another up. Is Ramon a one year contract?
In related news, how do they decide on a rotation like we have at catcher who gets the all star nomination-saw its Hernandez, but how do they decide which gets his name on the ballot?

DirtyBaker
04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Letting Hernandez walk at the end of the year isn't nearly as good as getting something in return via trade (if Mes is ready). It boils down to whether this team is looking at a 1 year window or continued building toward the future.

BPhillips4
04-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Probably a Sept callup and then on the roster full time next season. I don't see management shaking up the team too much with trades unless they have to hit the panic button, I don't see it happening for a call up.

SidneySlicker
04-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I think Mesoraco will spend the whole season in triple a. I don't see them dealing either Hanigan or Hernandez right now.

Hernandez is a very good clutch hitter and solid behind the plate. I like having a spanish speaking catcher behind the plate for the likes of Chapman and Cueto (when he returns).

Hanigan- is a really hard worker and is very good behind the plate. I know he's gone through a rough patch at the plate, but I expect him to work it out and make contributions with the bat. I may just have a little bit of a soft spot for him too as he was an undrafted guy who got found at a local scouting day.

Devin will have plenty of time to play major league ball, and he might as well get every night work down in Louisville right now.

RedsFanInBama
04-29-2011, 07:30 PM
It will depend on where we are in the standings.

lonewolf371
04-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Can he play 3rd base?

bshall2105
04-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Mesoraco is the catcher of the future, you don't need to move him. If there is an injury to one of H&H Mesoraco could come up and win the job for the rest of the season.

Vottomatic
05-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Mesoraco is the catcher of the future, you don't need to move him. If there is an injury to one of H&H Mesoraco could come up and win the job for the rest of the season.

I think the previous poster was joking.

We have a void at 3B right now.

markymark69
05-03-2011, 07:00 PM

5. If he comes up, Dusty will not play him - because he hates him too. Seriously though - unless there is an injury he will not be up until September IMO.