PDA

View Full Version : Scott Podsednik available

jrandal9
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Just want to throw it out there that he is being relieved of his minor league contract. Worth a pickup?? Could play left and lead off...

brm7675
05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Just want to throw it out there that he is being relieved of his minor league contract. Worth a pickup?? Could play left and lead off...

Really? I mean come on if Dusty isn't going to play either Fred Lewis or Chris Heisey in the place of Johnny gomes, what makes you think he would play this guy? Also this guy ain't better then what we have...

Stray
05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I really hope you're joking lol.

In the event that you're not... No, when a guy is relieved of a minor league contract that is usually not a sign that he is worthy of a pick-up to join your major league club, start and bat lead off.

texasdave
05-12-2011, 11:56 AM
If he promises to wear a Mohawk....maybe.

will5979
05-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Lewis and Gomes need to be PHer, Heisey HAS TO BE YOUR EVERYDAY LFer, Duhhhhhhhhhhsty is an utter moron and I would tell that to his fat face.

jrandal9
05-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Well, I first want to let you know he was GRANTED his release and was not just let go. I can tell you that anyone batting above the mendoza line is a better option then our friend Gomes out in left right now, love him but dear god he is hacktastic. Only thing I would like from Podsednik is his base stealing ability, he is good for 30 a year just about. His line in the Minors so far is .254/.366/.356 batting line across 71 plate appearances. 3 stolen bases in 3 chances.

Classy move by the Jays in granting him his request. A big league team will sign him and this seemed post worthy

DocRed
05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I really hope you're joking lol.

In the event that you're not... No, when a guy is relieved of a minor league contract that is usually not a sign that he is worthy of a pick-up to join your major league club, start and bat lead off.

He asked for his release.

DocRed
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Lewis and Gomes need to be PHer, Heisey HAS TO BE YOUR EVERYDAY LFer, Duhhhhhhhhhhsty is an utter moron and I would tell that to his fat face.

Ouch, that's a little harsh.

bounty37h
05-12-2011, 12:22 PM

texasdave
05-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Well, I first want to let you know he was GRANTED his release and was not just let go. I can tell you that anyone batting above the mendoza line is a better option then our friend Gomes out in left right now, love him but dear god he is hacktastic. Only thing I would like from Podsednik is his base stealing ability, he is good for 30 a year just about. His line in the Minors so far is .254/.366/.356 batting line across 71 plate appearances. 3 stolen bases in 3 chances.

Classy move by the Jays in granting him his request. A big league team will sign him and this seemed post worthy

It was a classy move by the Jays and it is postworthy. However, the Jays current leftfielder is Travis Snider and he stinks right now. He is young so maybe Toronto is just gonna bite the bullet and keep sending him out there. However, their fourth outfielder is Rajai Davis. He also stinks right now and is not a kid. So if the Jays still feel he is a a better option than Scott Posednik I think that is telling.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, Corey Patterson is their CF. Good luck with that. And former stathead favorite Edwin Encarnacion is still trying to put things together - .629 OPS and miserable (7 errors in 15 starts at 3B) fielding. They sure loved him here on Redszone though.

BuckWild03
05-12-2011, 12:30 PM
It seems like Scott is available 2 to 3 times per season. His name has surfaced on Redzone far too often. My vote is a resounding no.

BluegrassRedleg
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Can anyone possibly explain to me what's wrong with Heisey?

We seem to be trying to find every way possible not to play the guy.

texasdave
05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Can anyone possibly explain to me what's wrong with Heisey?

We seem to be trying to find every way possible not to play the guy.

Two words or maybe four words.

1) Dusty Baker.
2) Veteran Creaminess.

It's that simple.

Cant Touch This
05-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Speaking of the Blue Jays, Corey Patterson is their CF. Good luck with that. And former stathead favorite Edwin Encarnacion is still trying to put things together - .629 OPS and miserable (7 errors in 15 starts at 3B) fielding. They sure loved him here on Redszone though.

Nothing against the guy personally (don't know him), but I never understood the love affair RedsZone had with Encarnacion. I don't know if he had a good xPORT or UFO-69 or what...but it seemed pretty obvious to me by just watching him hit and field (two pretty important factors in baseball) that he didn't look to be anything more than an average baseball player.

bounty37h
05-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Nothing against the guy personally (don't know him), but I never understood the love affair RedsZone had with Encarnacion. I don't know if he had a good xPORT or UFO-69 or what...but it seemed pretty obvious to me by just watching him hit and field (two pretty important factors in baseball) that he didn't look to be anything more than an average baseball player.

I confess I am not a stats/saber guy at all, I just like the game itself, but what is xPORT and UFO-69. That said, I was never impressed with him as a player, and feel Juan Fran is basically the same player. He was prob liked at first cause he was a prospect and laid hopes of a long term 3'rd baseman for Cincy, so prob more benefit of that hope and not based on anything actual.

brm7675
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Two words or maybe four words.

2) Veteran Creaminess.

We have a winner..now that is funny...:thumbup:

texasdave
05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I recall numerous posters calling Edwin a "range monster". A "range monster" who didn't make many plays. I always thought that was odd.

texasdave
05-12-2011, 04:58 PM
We have a winner..now that is funny...:thumbup:

TBL has a patent on that phrase. Sundeckers are allowed to borrow it from time to time.

bounty37h
05-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I recall numerous posters calling Edwin a "range monster". A "range monster" who didn't make many plays. I always thought that was odd.

Haha, maybe they meant if he caught the ball you better not be in his range when he throws, anything/anyone on the first base side is open target for his range.

texasdave
05-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I confess I am not a stats/saber guy at all, I just like the game itself, but what is xPORT and UFO-69. That said, I was never impressed with him as a player, and feel Juan Fran is basically the same player. He was prob liked at first cause he was a prospect and laid hopes of a long term 3'rd baseman for Cincy, so prob more benefit of that hope and not based on anything actual.

xPort and UFO-69 are just poking a little fun at the stat boys.

Vottomatic
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Posodnik has really good numbers in the yZing and Orcbling categories. It's his xPhister numbers I'm concerned about.

texasdave
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Scott Posednik has one of the best nicknames going though. The "Podfather".

Vottomatic
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Also known as "The Posednik Adventure".

texasdave
05-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Also known as "The Posednik Adventure".

Kudos.

Cant Touch This
05-12-2011, 05:33 PM
xPort and UFO-69 are just poking a little fun at the stat boys.

Yeah, I just made those up.

BuckWild03
08-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Podsednik was released by the Diamondbacks. Let the annual discussion about whether or not he'd be a good fit begin. :D

Cant Touch This
08-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I think Edwin took this thread personally...

Wonderful Monds
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Podsednik was released by the Diamondbacks. Let the annual discussion about whether or not he'd be a good fit begin. :D

I forgot this was an older thread when I saw it and my first reaction was this:
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1147-amnesia-nope.jpg