PDA

View Full Version : Cordero not Cordial

HitByPitch
05-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Anyone know who Cordero was jawing with at the end of the game...maybe Pujols?

arkimadee
05-15-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm sure the Cards will see a reason to retaliate because we hit the all-mighty Pujols "on purpose" with 2 strikes with the tying run up in the ninth.. I love this rivalry.. Makes it more interesting.

RedsFanInBama
05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I think it was Duncan.

mckbearcat48
From the St. Louis broadcast, it was Duncan and Molina. It's a rivalry, things get heated.

mroby85
Coco said it was Gerald Laird, however Duncan was on after the game. Coco said Laird was jawing before the game was over. Duncan was afterwards I think.

CrimsonCrusader
05-15-2011, 04:33 PM

It WASN'T Poo-Poo-jols...but, they don't care. Idiots.

I love it. The rivalry...and the saga...continues...

RedsFanInBama
05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Somebody should tell Laird he should be thanking the Reds for him having a job.

Magdal
05-15-2011, 04:40 PM
It was perceived that the Reds catcher glared into the Card gugout after the last out. I saw the replay and I could not see any glareing. But whatever it was, Duncan boiled over. Frustration got to the old man I guess. After all, if his pen just holds the Cards after Carp was KO'ed they could have won this game and salvaged something.

RedsFanInBama
05-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Coco was absolutely staring straight into the Cardinals' dugout after the final out, presumably at Gerald Laird, based on Coco's comments.

Vottomatic
05-15-2011, 04:52 PM
From the postgame show on FoxSports, Cordero said that after he hit Pujols, Gerald Laird stood up in the Cardinal dugout and was so loud that Ramon Hernandez and the umpire kept looking back and the umpire had to tell him to quiet down. Cordero said that he himself remained under control and wasn't going to let them get into his head. But when he struck out Berkman, he started jawing back at them.

Cordero said they were upset that he hit Pujols. Cordero said no way in the world would he intentionally hit Pujols and put him on base in that hairy situation. Already a bunch of runs scored. Holliday and Berkman coming up. Said that would be a stupid thing to do and couldn't understand why they thought he would intentionally do that.

I agree. Cardinal players continue to be whiny babies over something very idiotic. No way Cordero intentionally hits Pujols in that situation with Holliday and Berkman coming up and the game on the line. Just idiotic for Cardinal players to even think that. But I guess that shows their lack of intelligence.

mroby85
05-15-2011, 04:55 PM
It was perceived that the Reds catcher glared into the Card gugout after the last out. I saw the replay and I could not see any glareing. But whatever it was, Duncan boiled over. Frustration got to the old man I guess. After all, if his pen just holds the Cards after Carp was KO'ed they could have won this game and salvaged something.

If the pen holds the Reds, Aroldis Chapman wouldn't have been pitching, just sayin.

Old NDN
05-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I think the fact they were about to be swept probably added to their indignity. No way Cordero wants to face Berkman or Holiday with the game on the line. If the Cards think Cordero is throwing at Pujols in that situation, they're grasping for anything to cling to.

SidneySlicker
05-15-2011, 05:20 PM
I think the fact they were about to be swept probably added to their indignity. No way Cordero wants to face Berkman or Holiday with the game on the line. If the Cards think Cordero is throwing at Pujols in that situation, they're grasping for anything to cling to.

I'd love for the media to call him on this, but they probably won't. Sigh...

mlh1981
05-15-2011, 06:51 PM
The analyst on the MLB network (can't remember who) was kinda ripping on Cordero for yelling towards the Cardinals dugout. :rolleyes:

Old NDN
05-16-2011, 12:30 AM
One of the biggest criticisms of Cordero last year was his unwillingness to pitch inside. I guess now that he is, hitters won't be diving into his pitches as much.

mikdavrut
05-16-2011, 01:27 AM
I continue to hate the Cards worse and worse with each passing yr. What a bunch of whiny little pricks. And their coaches seem to be every bit as bad, if not even worse then their players. Take your 3 game sweep and bow out with a little grace you bunch of whiners. But I guess a little grace and humility is not a part of your particular mindsets? Sore, sore losers and that's ALL that bunch of BS boiled down to.

I have a feeling, had the Cards been UP by several runs and/or had won at least one of the 2 previous games, nothing would have been made of the situation (of course, I could be wrong, this IS the Cards I'm talking about here; just the whiniest organization in pro baseball).

And changing gears here a bit, but, I hope Pujols leaves that organization and I hope Berkman follows suit. I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall after the game to hear if Berkman/Carpenter had any choice words w/one another. I seriously doubt Berkman would back down from little Priss. You better believe were I in Berkman's shoes and that little Prissy btch pulled that crap on my during a game, me and Prissy would have been having a "talk" post-game. I have NO clue how some of the players on that team can stand to be on the same team as Prissy. Whiny as so many of those guys are, that guy is just unbelievable. I can't stand him. I like Carlos Zambrano 10X more than Prissy and I've never been able to stand him either (though he does seem to have gotten his crap together this season, hopefully his past "issues" are over and done with).

Reds
05-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Coco was mad because Laird was yelling, not the guys playing the game. Cordero said he was just out there trying to do his job and was upset that somebody without a glove was jawing, insinuating that if he was smarter he'd realize that was the hardy a situation where it would be wise to plunk him.

mikdavrut
05-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Coco was mad because Laird was yelling, not the guys playing the game. Cordero said he was just out there trying to do his job and was upset that somebody without a glove was jawing, insinuating that if he was smarter he'd realize that was the hardy a situation where it would be wise to plunk him.Yeah it was Laird (first and foremost), then Duncan, but I'm pretty sure I heard that some of the players were yelling/making remarks/gestures as well. But yeah, Laird seemed to be (at first at least) the most vocal one & seemed to have started the whole mess.

Bottom line, like I said, the Cards, whether it be the players or the coaches....whomever; they're the most whiny organization in MLB. Pujols seems to be "better" than a lot of the others as far as that nonsense goes & I have a feeling that Lance B. is not like that either (at least not yet :laugh:) and there are prob. a few more players that do not get into that nonsense. But far too many of their players seem to follow Tony's "lead" per se....

And the comments rat-man made (interim mgr.) post-game were just ridiculous. He has def. learned from Tony and learned very well. And Dave Duncan, I had no idea as to his character previously (I know little to nothing about him to be honest, just that I have always heard that he is one of the better pitching coaches out there), but after the BS he was spewing about "hitting Cordero in the F'n head" - I now have absolutely NO respect for him whatsoever. I don't give a ish if he is the best friggin' pitching coach in MLB. You don't talk that kind of ish about deliberately hurting a player/hitting a player in the head :thumbdown:

Magdal
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
If the pen holds the Reds, Aroldis Chapman wouldn't have been pitching, just sayin.

I see I misstyped...I meant to say 'if the Cards pen holds the REDS.'

SidneySlicker
05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
This can all be chalked up to their players and organization feeling entitled. I didn't see the Reds stirring the pot when Hannigan got hit on the hand on a high and tight fastball. Pitchers coming inside isn't anything new to baseball, nor is batters who crowd the plate getting hit. So why the Cardinals players and coaches think they should be some sort of exception is beyond me.

Reds
05-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Also the fact that it came in the ninth when we don't see them again for nearly two months played a role, otherwise he's talking like this could have been settled with a well placed ball to the ribs of Votto. classy stuff.

SidneySlicker
05-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Also the fact that it came in the ninth when we don't see them again for nearly two months played a role, otherwise he's talking like this could have been settled with a well placed ball to the ribs of Votto. classy stuff.

If I'm part of the Reds brass I send a memo of this to the league, and hopefully the next time a warning is issued before the start of the game. I'd love to see the Cards bullpen for 7 or 8 innings if they decide to go after Votto or any Red.

bounty37h
05-16-2011, 10:53 AM

From the writeup I read, the whiny crying Cards bench is stupid enough to think Cordero wasted an 0-2 count to hit poohole. The cards acting (in many ways) manager actually had the to say something always happens when you come to CIncy to play. Just when I think I cant hate em anymore, they wake up and breathe.

bounty37h
05-16-2011, 10:57 AM

BS, they said the Cards were jawing before the last out.

bounty37h
05-16-2011, 11:00 AM
From the postgame show on FoxSports, Cordero said that after he hit Pujols, Gerald Laird stood up in the Cardinal dugout and was so loud that Ramon Hernandez and the umpire kept looking back and the umpire had to tell him to quiet down. Cordero said that he himself remained under control and wasn't going to let them get into his head. But when he struck out Berkman, he started jawing back at them.

Cordero said they were upset that he hit Pujols. Cordero said no way in the world would he intentionally hit Pujols and put him on base in that hairy situation. Already a bunch of runs scored. Holliday and Berkman coming up. Said that would be a stupid thing to do and couldn't understand why they thought he would intentionally do that.

I agree. Cardinal players continue to be whiny babies over something very idiotic. No way Cordero intentionally hits Pujols in that situation with Holliday and Berkman coming up and the game on the line. Just idiotic for Cardinal players to even think that. But I guess that shows their lack of intelligence.

Dont fall for it, they are just pre-building in their excuse for losing

bounty37h
05-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Yeah it was Laird (first and foremost), then Duncan, but I'm pretty sure I heard that some of the players were yelling/making remarks/gestures as well. But yeah, Laird seemed to be (at first at least) the most vocal one & seemed to have started the whole mess.

Bottom line, like I said, the Cards, whether it be the players or the coaches....whomever; they're the most whiny organization in MLB. Pujols seems to be "better" than a lot of the others as far as that nonsense goes & I have a feeling that Lance B. is not like that either (at least not yet :laugh:) and there are prob. a few more players that do not get into that nonsense. But far too many of their players seem to follow Tony's "lead" per se....

And the comments rat-man made (interim mgr.) post-game were just ridiculous. He has def. learned from Tony and learned very well. And Dave Duncan, I had no idea as to his character previously (I know little to nothing about him to be honest, just that I have always heard that he is one of the better pitching coaches out there), but after the BS he was spewing about "hitting Cordero in the F'n head" - I now have absolutely NO respect for him whatsoever. I don't give a ish if he is the best friggin' pitching coach in MLB. You don't talk that kind of ish about deliberately hurting a player/hitting a player in the head :thumbdown:

I didn't hear that, the "manager" said something about hitting Cordero in the head???? He should be suspended just for that!!

CySeymour
05-16-2011, 11:17 AM
I didn't hear that, the "manager" said something about hitting Cordero in the head???? He should be suspended just for that!!

I agree! You can't have a coach saying or implying that.