PDA

View Full Version : Lance McAlister

Carin4Narron
05-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Anyone else tired of him?

Spaxspore
05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
havnt listened to him over a year. What about him are you tired of?

Carin4Narron
05-18-2011, 04:13 PM
He is hyper bowl about everything. No wonder he has a pacemaker.

bubbachunk
05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I have not listened to him in probably 4-5 years and feel I am much better off for it.

5TimeWSChamps
05-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Will always be Team Mo when it comes to Cincy local sports

Loved when Mo and Gregg Doyel had their show from 9-12 on 1530. Lance is awful, SportsTalk went downhill once they got rid of Furman

Reds
05-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Haven't listened to him in 5 years.

Vottomatic
05-18-2011, 05:13 PM
I don't think Lance is bad. He is well prepared all of the time. His downside is that he can be over the top at times or pound a topic into the ground.

I prefer Mo. I was in my 20's when Trumpy was on, and then came Collinsworth, then Furman, etc. Out of all of them, Mo is my favorite. Very fair in his opinions. He has the fan's perspective and side, most of the time.

mlh1981
05-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I've only started listening to Cincy sports talk in the past few months via podcasts.

I like Lance, but he's a bit of a homer at times. Mo is more steady and not quite as frantic.

I'm not sure I could listen to Lance everyday, though. In general, I need to change it up. When you listen to the same host after awhile, you find that they stick with the exact same talking points, and it gets old.

5TimeWSChamps
05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Clearchannel has really screwed us over in terms of cutting all local programming. Back in 2007, 1530 had local shows from 6am-noon and 3-6pm, then sports talk on 700 from 6-9. However, they first cut cutler and Doyel from the 6 and 9am show, then cancelled Mo's show from 9-noon and we have 4 hours of Lance.

That's it.

DirtyBaker
05-18-2011, 10:18 PM
I like Lance. He's fair to his callers and I haven't noticed unwarranted hyperbole. A bit repetitive if you happen to catch the majority of a given show, but if you just tune in for a half hour to an hour that's a non-issue.

Not like I can't stand him, but Doc Rodgers tends to rub me the wrong way occasionally. Even keeled to the point of being a buzzkill sometimes.

Vottomatic
05-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Clearchannel has really screwed us over in terms of cutting all local programming. Back in 2007, 1530 had local shows from 6am-noon and 3-6pm, then sports talk on 700 from 6-9. However, they first cut cutler and Doyel from the 6 and 9am show, then cancelled Mo's show from 9-noon and we have 4 hours of Lance.

That's it.

Agree. When I'm driving around during the morning or lunchtime or early afternoon, I miss hearing someone local talking about sports. They've all gone to these national shows which do nothing for me.

bounty37h
05-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Anyone else tired of him?

Nope, not at all, but then again, never heard of him.

redlegs2370
05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I think Lance is very good and I wish we had someone like Lance in Indianapolis. I think Lance is the voice of the fan because he is a fan. Sometimes as fans we can be considered homers or even fanatical, to me Lance is not afraid to show is fanatical side. His blog is outstanding and is evident that he does his homework for every show. I love the "off the beaten path" and some the other interesting topics he has for his shows.

On a personal note I have e-mailed Lance a few times and he always responded to me as well a remark or two to my e-mail. I have e-mailed others and you can tell it was just the basic "Thanks". He actually took time to read my e-mail and respond.

CySeymour
05-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I think Lance is very good and I wish we had someone like Lance in Indianapolis.

What? You don't like John Michael or Mark Patrick??????

:lol:

redlegs2370
05-23-2011, 03:06 PM
What? You don't like John Michael or Mark Patrick??????

:lol:

I don't have anything against them I just prefer Lance. I do like the Dan Dakich show.

big boy
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I stopped listening when he would spend too much time talking about TV shows I don't watch or how hot women are.

On the occasions that I flip it on now, though, he seems mostly to talk sports and he is still the most prepared host in Cincy in a long time.

5TimeWSChamps
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM
FREE FURMAN!

RedsFan74
05-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Of the 2, I definitely prefer Mo. He's a fan (same as Lance) but I really appreciate his point of view and sense of humor...and he's the same age as me. He and I tend to pretty much share the same opinions on his topics. Like anything else, it seems like you always tend to gravitate to those in which you have the most in-common.

This isn't really a knock on Lance. He's by far the most prepared host you'll ever find...and he's passionate about his work. But sometimes I feel he can be a little condescending - or short - with some of his callers who don't share his opinion on certain topics. I tend to notice this more because I'm a fan of 2 of his least favorite teams - UK basketball and OSU football. Whenever they're a subject of conversation, IMHO he comes off as a little snarky and biased. I'm sure I probably only notice this because I'm huge fan of both teams. Mo seems to be more fair to those who don't share his opinions.

Lance used to be a RZ poster her several years ago...but I think he was run off by a few other posters. I'm not sure why, but I think it had to do with calling people out for not posting under their real names and the "supposed" hiding behind the anonymity of the internet when posting opinions. I think this pretty much drove him away from posting on RZ.

big boy
05-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Lance used to be a RZ poster her several years ago...but I think he was run off by a few other posters. I'm not sure why, but I think it had to do with calling people out for not posting under their real names and the "supposed" hiding behind the anonymity of the internet when posting opinions. I think this pretty much drove him away from posting on RZ.

I recall that he went head to head with some of the ORG guys that require fact based opinions and he got hammered.