PDA

View Full Version : Needs

Maker_84
05-19-2011, 03:43 PM
now that the dust has settled after the St Louis series we are 2 Cubs meltdowns away from being on a 4 game losing streak. We still need a SS that can hit and also a LF that can hit and field. I thought Lewis and Heisey could do it but i have my doubts with them. Starting pitching is also becoming a concern because every game we seem to be down right off the bat and it's tough trying to come back and win every game.

mivers176
05-19-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree with you on the SS position. LF, Heisey / Lewis platoon hasnt gotten enough of a chance yet to decide.

As far as SP, regardless of whether the runs come early or late, as long as they keep us in the game which they have done lately, I dont have an issue with it. QS is a QS no matter if 2-3 runs were scored in the 2nd or 7th inn.
I remember a few games early in the year (ARI most memorably) where we jumped out to 4,5 or 6 run leads only to lose the lead and then lose the game so I dont think falling down a run or two early is worth worrying about.

brm7675
05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Take a deeeeeeep breath and relax. Lets review:

1. We are fine at SS, if Dusty will bat Janish in the 8 hole there is no issue, the problem is where Dusty continues to hit the SS position.

2. We don't know what we have with Heisey/Lewis because Dusty won't give either a far shot at playing time.

3. Our pitching is fine outside of EV who hopefully continue to improve.

As for the cubs imploding, it's called bad defense which a number of teams play and when you put the ball in play that bad defense raises it's head, so I don't buy they imploded, but instead we put the ball in play and forced them to actually play baseball.

Vottomatic
05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
No! We have the top offense in the NL. No improvements need to be made. There is nothing that can be done to improve this team anyway. It's the best team in major league baseball, hands down.

Don't make any moves.

(Sarcasm)

brm7675
05-19-2011, 03:57 PM
No! We have the top offense in the NL. No improvements need to be made. There is nothing that can be done to improve this team anyway. It's the best team in major league baseball, hands down.

Don't make any moves.

(Sarcasm)

The moves need to be internal. Remove Gomes (DFA) and go with either gomes or lewis in LF. Release Edgar and bring up Chris V. Stop hitting Janish second and either hit Bruce, Phillips, Rolen or Lewis/Heisey at that spot.

Spaxspore
05-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Edgar is no OC. i miss OC, he brought a good spark to the club house.

brm7675
05-19-2011, 04:11 PM
When looking up in the dictionary the definition of a player who is on a major league roster buy offers nothing in the field or at bat you get the following...

NatiWolfpack24
05-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Lose 2 games and the sky is falling. Win 4 in a row and everything is fine and dandy. Baseball is a long ass season. Knee jerk reaction make little sense. It isn't like football where you only get 16 games. Team is in fine position. Games will be won, games will be lost. We'll be in the hunt if not already clinched at the end of it all. That's what you want isn't it? All this micro managing after every loss or few losses doesn't make sense to me.

Maker_84
05-19-2011, 09:05 PM

Orlando Cabrera sucked, i'm happy as hell he's off this team. If it wasn't for him we would have won one game against Philly. Definition of a player who couldn't get it done when it mattered most. Also I would rather have Volquez than Arroyo right now. People have been getting on Volquez but Bronson's been alot worse

mlh1981
05-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Lose 2 games and the sky is falling. Win 4 in a row and everything is fine and dandy. Baseball is a long ass season. Knee jerk reaction make little sense. It isn't like football where you only get 16 games. Team is in fine position. Games will be won, games will be lost. We'll be in the hunt if not already clinched at the end of it all. That's what you want isn't it? All this micro managing after every loss or few losses doesn't make sense to me.

Just imagine the managerial moves and transactions made if it was us on SunDeck that ran the day to day operations! :thumbup:

Tadasimha
05-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Just imagine the managerial moves and transactions made if it was us on SunDeck that ran the day to day operations! :thumbup:

Every prospect traded away in desperation with half the starting lineup demoted to AAA or out right released! :lol:

Krawhitham
05-19-2011, 11:40 PM
now that the dust has settled after the St Louis series we are 2 Cubs meltdowns away from being on a 4 game losing streak. We still need a SS that can hit and also a LF that can hit and field. I thought Lewis and Heisey could do it but i have my doubts with them. Starting pitching is also becoming a concern because every game we seem to be down right off the bat and it's tough trying to come back and win every game.

The SS is fine, he saves more runs than most SS produce

The current starters have an ERA of 2.978 for May

The Reds are on pace for 92 wins, 92 wins last season was good enough to win the Central or the Wild Card

This is not Football where one lose means the end of the world

Or maybe I should just go with the normal Sun Deck answer

The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling

Jones1
05-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Take a deeeeeeep breath and relax. Lets review:

1. We are fine at SS, if Dusty will bat Janish in the 8 hole there is no issue, the problem is where Dusty continues to hit the SS position.

2. We don't know what we have with Heisey/Lewis because Dusty won't give either a far shot at playing time.

3. Our pitching is fine outside of EV who hopefully continue to improve.

As for the cubs imploding, it's called bad defense which a number of teams play and when you put the ball in play that bad defense raises it's head, so I don't buy they imploded, but instead we put the ball in play and forced them to actually play baseball.

BRM finally a great post from ya bro, KUDOS! Is that you or did someone highjack your account!

CrosleyField
05-20-2011, 09:59 AM
The only place this team is really in trouble is left field. I think we have answers on the roster for this. Dusty will continue to play Lewis and Heisey more I think. Gomes will become a spare part if you will.

Of course if you can improve pitching with an unbalanced trade in our favor you will, but its not bad enough to hurt the farm.

In major league baseball you are going to win a third of your games and lose a third of your games, its what you do with the other third that makes a difference. Somebody famous said that I can't remember who, it important to remember though to give some perspective on a mlb season.