PDA

View Full Version : time to

ShadyCoveRed
05-21-2011, 01:45 PM
fire dusty and gomes

Spaxspore
05-21-2011, 02:03 PM
release/trade/senddown gomes, bring up some talent from AAA lets see what a kid down there can do.

Sean_CaseyRules
05-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Oh look....another one of THESE threads.....I get it...Gomes looked miserably sad at the plate. But we don't need a new thread every day about it...talk about beating a dead horse....

VottoFan54
05-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh look....another one of THESE threads.....I get it...Gomes looked miserably sad at the plate. But we don't need a new thread every day about it...talk about beating a dead horse....

I agree, we all know Gomes is terrible, we dont need to start a new thread every day about this topic.

Maker_84
05-21-2011, 03:15 PM
we are past due on both, we win in spite of both of them.

nux fan
05-21-2011, 05:03 PM
baker could never get away with this junk in a big media city where the writers ask thorough tough questions

Who Dey Time
05-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Anyone who thinks that Dusty should be removed as manager is completely clueless.

Vottomatic
05-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Anyone who thinks that Dusty should be removed as manager is completely clueless.

Anyone who DOESN'T think that Dusty should be removed as manager is completely clueless.

This team would have 3 or 4 more wins if we had a competent manager. He is too patient and has a slow hook with pitchers and hitters.

nux fan
05-21-2011, 06:46 PM
he has cost the team at least 3-4 games already

DocRed
05-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Cut the head off the snake...that is Dusty...all else will fall into place.

DocRed
05-21-2011, 06:50 PM

This is either Dusty or Gomes posting......100%

Kevin1476
05-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't have a problem with Dusty other then he keeps playing Gomes, who is in a major slump to say the least. I keep saying its time to bring some pop up from Louisville, it can't be any worse then Gomes. I want Alonso or Frazier if we are looking for specifically a left fielder. They cannot be worse defensively either. Gomes has to go!

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 07:40 PM
fire dusty and gomes

you funny

When was the last time a manger with a +.500 record was fired?

Gomes needs a break, bench him for 5-7 days. Then see if you can get anything out of him. If he is still useless find a reason to DL him, and I say DL instead of DFA because the players love him so much and DFA'ing Gomes will hurt the clubhhouse

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Anyone who DOESN'T think that Dusty should be removed as manager is completely clueless.

This team would have 3 or 4 more wins if we had a competent manager. He is too patient and has a slow hook with pitchers and hitters.

Slow hook? The Reds have the 2nd most used bullpen in the NL. If he had a faster hook the bullpen would be complete useless do to being overworked

Vottomatic
05-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Slow hook? The Reds have the 2nd most used bullpen in the NL. If he had a faster hook the bullpen would be complete useless do to being overworked

That's because Dusty, FOR THE MOST PART, doesn't believe in letting a guy pitch 2 or 3 innings out of the bullpen. I've seen many times when the pitcher's spot in the batting order wasn't coming up the next inning yet Dusty brings in another relief pitcher. It's ridiculous.

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 10:35 PM
That's because Dusty, FOR THE MOST PART, doesn't believe in letting a guy pitch 2 or 3 innings out of the bullpen. I've seen many times when the pitcher's spot in the batting order wasn't coming up the next inning yet Dusty brings in another relief pitcher. It's ridiculous.

My point was the Bullpen has the 2nd most innings pitched, but are saying he has too slow of a hook with starters and too fast a hook with relievers?

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 10:36 PM
How bad could Juan Francisco be in LF??

He has hit safely in all 12 of his games with the Bats this year. He's had multiple hits in eight of the 12 games.

He is hitting .396 with 6 doubles 2 HR and 11 RBI in 12 games

Spaxspore
05-21-2011, 10:50 PM
I am seeing everyone suggesting management to bring up a dude from AAA to replace Gomes. We have two fine LFers now that are mainly bench warmers due to dusty's love for Gomes. That being Fred and HI-C. What i suggest is designate Gomes as PH only (until he can prove he is capable of driving the ball, or making solid contact) and platton Fred and HI-C as everyday LFers. Anything is better than what we have right now in LF/DH.

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 11:17 PM
I am seeing everyone suggesting management to bring up a dude from AAA to replace Gomes. We have two fine LFers now that are mainly bench warmers due to dusty's love for Gomes. That being Fred and HI-C. What i suggest is designate Gomes as PH only (until he can prove he is capable of driving the ball, or making solid contact) and platton Fred and HI-C as everyday LFers. Anything is better than what we have right now in LF/DH.

HI-C bats .222 when he is a starter. But is very good in the field

Fred is a .259 hitter over the last 3 season, has limited power, with above average speed but not great speed. He is not better than Gomes in the field but worse (.973 in LF with a 7.409 Zone Rating, Gomes .985 with a 11.121 Zone Rating)

Spaxspore
05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
very very small sample size for H-C he has only started in a handful of games compared to gomes, also he is the future, so why not give him some playing time and see what the kid can do.

(heck he knocked in a run the friday, dont recall the last time gomes did that).

Hillsdale87
05-21-2011, 11:30 PM

Dusty's not a perfect manager, but he's clearly done a lot of great things here in Cincinnati. The Reds were miserable for years and have gotten progressively better every year he's been here. Much of that has to do with the players he has, but he's clearly doing something right.

Gomes drives me crazy too, but I feel like the Reds are at a breaking point with Gomes considering the talent at AAA and are giving him a chance to prove his value to the team. If things don't turn around quickly I think he'll be gone. At least I hope that's what the Reds are doing...

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 11:31 PM
very very small sample size for H-C he has only started in a handful of games compared to gomes, also he is the future, so why not give him some playing time and see what the kid can do.

(heck he knocked in a run the friday, dont recall the last time gomes did that).

I was wrong
0.230 in 2011
0.241 in 2010

as a starter

HI-C was only a .269 hitter in AAA

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm not saying I do not like HI-C, I think Dusty miss uses him all the time. Dusty thinks he knows the kind of pitcher HI-C can handle and lets him start those games. HI-C struggles when Dusty does that, when Dusty can not pick and choose what pitcher HI-C faces because he needs a pinch hitter that is when HI-C excels

redram
05-22-2011, 12:00 AM
I don't have a problem with Dusty other then he keeps playing Gomes, who is in a major slump to say the least. I keep saying its time to bring some pop up from Louisville, it can't be any worse then Gomes. I want Alonso or Frazier if we are looking for specifically a left fielder. They cannot be worse defensively either. Gomes has to go!

I agree with most of this. Dusty seems to get these love affairs with these players that just hurt us so bad. Gomes has really cost us except for maybe the first few weeks of the year. He looked so bad today it was ridiculous. I think he needs to give Heisley some time maybe a week or two and if he can't get it done then get someone like you said. Heisley has earned a shot IMO. I like Gomes and wish like heck he could play consistent but he proved last year he is just to streaky. His poor hitting late last year almost cost us. If the Cardinals had beaten the crap teams he would have. This year The Cardinals seem tougher due to starting pitching. IF they keep pitching this way all year we cannot afford to let players like Gomes play game after game batting under 100

Spaxspore
05-22-2011, 01:29 AM
I agree with most of this. Dusty seems to get these love affairs with these players that just hurt us so bad. Gomes has really cost us except for maybe the first few weeks of the year. He looked so bad today it was ridiculous. I think he needs to give Heisley some time maybe a week or two and if he can't get it done then get someone like you said. Heisley has earned a shot IMO. I like Gomes and wish like heck he could play consistent but he proved last year he is just to streaky. His poor hitting late last year almost cost us. If the Cardinals had beaten the crap teams he would have. This year The Cardinals seem tougher due to starting pitching. IF they keep pitching this way all year we cannot afford to let players like Gomes play game after game batting under 100

^ couldnt agree more:thumbup:

Vottomatic
05-22-2011, 02:32 AM
I was wrong
0.230 in 2011
0.241 in 2010

as a starter

HI-C was only a .269 hitter in AAA

In how many at-bats?

Stubbs and Bruce have been given long leashes in their 2 to 3 year major league careers.

Why do they put Heisey under a rock all of the time instead of giving him a chance of the long term?

woodchipper1
05-22-2011, 03:21 AM
For a guy who has been one of my favorite players... Gomes has to go. He brings nothing offensively to the club anymore, even though I am an old school guy who believes in the RBI stat. He produces nothing on defense and is not getting it done. Yonder is absolutlely raking in AAA and that 400 obp would look very nice hitting in front of votto and bruce. I love ya johnny and would love to have ya as a 5th Of and pinch hitter... But as far as everything else goes, I feel we have better options on the 40 and unless we are going to make better allocations of our resources via trade it is time to give someone else a shot...

Natty Redlocks
05-22-2011, 08:06 AM
In how many at-bats?

Stubbs and Bruce have been given long leashes in their 2 to 3 year major league careers.

Why do they put Heisey under a rock all of the time instead of giving him a chance of the long term?

Stubbs and Bruce were 1st round picks; Heisey was a 17th round pick. Also, Heisey's success as a PH vs. starter has probably cemented his role. I think he's more likely to get sent down to make room for Alonso than get a real chance to play every day.

Kevin1476
05-22-2011, 10:40 AM

I just cannot even see pitch hitting a guy that makes very little contact, If Saplet(sp??) is available after injury he could do this. I have to believe Frazier, Alonso, Francisco, and Valakia(s??) would be a way better option pitch hitting. I would also like to see this Christiani(sp??) down in Carolina get a shot at our bullpen. Maybe he can get ahead in a count and start racking up some holds for our closer.

Spaxspore
05-22-2011, 10:46 AM
yea i suggested PH because

1. I was trying to be generous

2. He is on the roster, and i dont see them sending him down

Krawhitham
05-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Stubbs and Bruce were 1st round picks; Heisey was a 17th round pick. Also, Heisey's success as a PH vs. starter has probably cemented his role. I think he's more likely to get sent down to make room for Alonso than get a real chance to play every day.

I do not think he will get sent down, he is the best PH in baseball over the last two seasons. PH is a hard job to fill and every team needs one

Krawhitham
05-22-2011, 01:17 PM
yea i suggested PH because

1. I was trying to be generous

2. He is on the roster, and i dont see them sending him down

Gomes can not be sent down he has no options left