PDA

View Full Version : Where is the GM and Owner?

Vottomatic
05-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm disappointed that Jocketty and BC are sitting and doing nothing while Dusty continues to play Gomes and hurt this team.

If I own the team, I have a meeting and straighten out this fiasco of playing Gomes all the time. I'm also actively pursuing a trade to get a quality 4-hole hitter behind Votto. They need to invest in protection for their investment in Votto. Why pay Votto all that money and then handicap him with no protection in the lineup?

bshall2105
05-21-2011, 08:27 PM
i don't know how how you have not realized this by now, but Dusty Baker is not the only one that wants Gomes to play. If Jocketty or Castellini or whoever didn't want him to play, by now he would not be playing.

Maker_84
05-21-2011, 08:29 PM
i was about to post something similar to this, if our front office is as good as everyone says they are then its time to step up and DO SOMETHING

nux fan
05-21-2011, 08:35 PM
in new york he would have been benched one month ago

bshall2105
05-21-2011, 08:37 PM
in new york he would have been benched one month ago

Posada is still playing... unless you mean the Mets

nux fan
05-21-2011, 08:43 PM
posada is not playing regularly there is no parallel between the playing of gomes and posada, and when posada plays does he bat in front of a a rod? no he bats eighth, gomes should bat eighth or eleventh

bshall2105
05-21-2011, 08:52 PM
posada is not playing regularly there is no parallel between the playing of gomes and posada, and when posada plays does he bat in front of a a rod? no he bats eighth, gomes should bat eighth or eleventh

No true at all. Posada has played four games less than Gomes and has seven less ab's. Gomes has hit 2nd twice and normally hits sixth or seventh anyway. The only reason Gomes' and Posada's situations are not the same is because Posada has a reputation of being a good hitter, other than that it is pretty much the same situation.

Who Dey Time
05-21-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm disappointed that Jocketty and BC are sitting and doing nothing while Dusty continues to play Gomes and hurt this team.

If I own the team, I have a meeting and straighten out this fiasco of playing Gomes all the time. I'm also actively pursuing a trade to get a quality 4-hole hitter behind Votto. They need to invest in protection for their investment in Votto. Why pay Votto all that money and then handicap him with no protection in the lineup?

They are sitting and doing nothing because they understand that the season is 162 games and it is beyond silly to knee jerk and overreact to anyone player, losing streak, etc.

They get it but, unfortunately, some of the fanbase hasn't got a clue and overreacts to anything negative that happens.

vottofever19
05-21-2011, 10:03 PM

i think Gomes should be given a chance. He's still relatively young and shows vast potential. People just need to be patient.

malcontent
05-21-2011, 11:42 PM
We're probably overlooking something obvious.

Gomes could be irreplaceable in the clubhouse.

He could be the only one who knows how to make a shaving cream pie.

Vottomatic
05-22-2011, 02:28 AM
They are sitting and doing nothing because they understand that the season is 162 games and it is beyond silly to knee jerk and overreact to anyone player, losing streak, etc.

They get it but, unfortunately, some of the fanbase hasn't got a clue and overreacts to anything negative that happens.

Good to see Mike Brown posting on a Reds message board. Obviously, his Bengals mentality carries over to how he thinks the Reds should be run.

Thank God you are only running the Bengals.

Roush's socks
05-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Maybe they are waiting till after July 1st to bring up Alonso and put him in LF if he continues to hit in AAA. Reports are that his defense in LF is improved.

DocRed
05-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Good to see there is still at least 1 Dusty supporter still around, it certainly is an endangered species....whether or not is actually Dusty Baker is immaterial.

Sean_CaseyRules
05-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I understand the frustration with Gomes playing every day. Although he has been disgusting to watch at times he's starting to make solid contact with the ball. Maybe a week off would clear his head a little. But all the chicken littles are gonna be glad that he's on our team and gets out of this horrific slump and gets on one of his hot streaks.

osuredleg24
05-22-2011, 10:20 AM
i think Gomes should be given a chance. He's still relatively young and shows vast potential. People just need to be patient.

he's not that young, been in the league for 8 years now....and potential? he's been good for what 2 months out of his career? Right now he's a career .240 hitter.

Spaxspore
05-22-2011, 10:47 AM
^This, just look at his career numbers, he is extremely streaky. When he is good he is Great, when he is bad he is BADDDDD.

TheBigLebowski
05-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Did I just read "Jonny Gomes," "young," and "vast potential" in the same sentence?

Are we sure the world did not end yesterday???

Reds
05-22-2011, 11:58 AM
He was young with TB, now he's aging and slumping and we're going to pile on him because he strikes out and chases bad pitches and pops up fastballs and we like the guys behind him better and they offer the club better defense and more overall consistency.