PDA

View Full Version : Ramon to the Giants....(Thoughts)

5TimeWSChamps
05-26-2011, 12:43 PM
If Posey is out for the year, then SF is obviously going to need a catcher....here's a list of their top 10 prospects:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2011/2611169.html

Obviously Belt is off limits, I wonder what their thoughts are on Bumgardner, with their surplus of starters, I'd ask for either Madison or Sanchez first off and see what they say

brm7675
05-26-2011, 01:03 PM
That was an incredible hit at home....

5TimeWSChamps
05-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Umm yeah, we really need to make a move for some pitching sooner rather than later

brm7675
05-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Umm yeah, we really need to make a move for some pitching sooner rather than later

Whom is there to get? So many teams in the race at this point I don't see anyone parting with anyone anytime soon...

5TimeWSChamps
05-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Did you read the first post?

brm7675
05-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Did you read the first post?

Yea and none of them jumped out at me as game changing type players this season...

5TimeWSChamps
05-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Baumgardner is a 22 year old LHP who has a WS ring and threw an absolute gem in Game 4 last year.

You really don't watch any baseball outside of the Reds do you?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bumgama01.shtml

NatiWolfpack24
05-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Someone doesn't understand how the trade market works. Asking for pitchers you will never get. Hilarious! This isn't a video game kids.

5TimeWSChamps
05-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Someone doesn't understand how the trade market works. Asking for pitchers you will never get. Hilarious! This isn't a video game kids.

I'm not saying Ramon for one of those pitchers straight up. I'm saying they have a glaring hole at catcher and we would be a trade partner for them.

with Cain/Lincecum/Zito/Sanchez/Bumgarner, they have a lot of quality starting pitching at their disposal

brm7675
05-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Baumgardner is a 22 year old LHP who has a WS ring and threw an absolute gem in Game 4 last year.

You really don't watch any baseball outside of the Reds do you?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bumgama01.shtml

No he's a good kid, and yes he threw a heck of a game last year and had a great season last year. But how has he done this year so far? He is like 1-6 with an era around 4. So not sure how much improvement he would add to the team and at what cost. Also not real sure the Giants would be willing to part with him right now.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not saying Ramon for one of those pitchers straight up. I'm saying they have a glaring hole at catcher and we would be a trade partner for them.

with Cain/Lincecum/Zito/Sanchez/Bumgarner, they have a lot of quality starting pitching at their disposal

Zito is quality? Really? Also you really don't think they would give up any pitcher for a catcher rental?

Nathan
05-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Sorry, you're dreaming.. Hernandez will not get you much in return. You are probably looking at a mid-level prospect or two at best. Jocketty would get hung up on if he even thinks about seriously asking for Bumgarner for Hernandez.

VottoFan54
05-27-2011, 02:40 PM
No he's a good kid, and yes he threw a heck of a game last year and had a great season last year. But how has he done this year so far? He is like 1-6 with an era around 4. So not sure how much improvement he would add to the team and at what cost. Also not real sure the Giants would be willing to part with him right now.

Most 22 year olds have yet to throw a major league pitch and are in AA much less have a whole MLB season under their belt to be that young and even have an ERA under 4 is incredible.

UCBrownsfan
05-27-2011, 03:11 PM
How about Eric Surkamp (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=t476&t=p_pbp&pid=474668) + for Ramon?

Krawhitham
05-27-2011, 03:18 PM
If Posey is out for the year, then SF is obviously going to need a catcher....here's a list of their top 10 prospects:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2011/2611169.html

Obviously Belt is off limits, I wonder what their thoughts are on Bumgardner, with their surplus of starters, I'd ask for either Madison or Sanchez first off and see what they say

Razor will not get a prospect, maybe Cody Ross but no prospect

Krawhitham
05-27-2011, 03:25 PM
The market for and aging catcher who needs half the games off to remain effective might not be as good as you think it is

Redsnake
05-27-2011, 03:43 PM
The only way Ramon is traded is if the Reds think Devin Mesoraco is ready. Ramon doesn't bring back a missing piece to this puzzle.

BEETTLEBUG
05-27-2011, 03:52 PM
True i think that way also.

Nathan
05-29-2011, 05:26 AM

How's our pitchers under 25 looking so far this year? Would you acquire Hernandez for any of them (even if you *needed* a catcher?)

edit: NEVER look at W-L for effectiveness... There's a lot more into those numbers than anything a pitcher does. A 4.00 era would be alright if your team scores on average 5 or 6 runs per game. San Fran's offense doesn't.