PDA

View Full Version : Time to fire the entire staff and front office and trade Votto, Bruce and Stubbs

BAKER12
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Just trying to be one of the "smart baseball guys" and start a great thread

brm7675
05-26-2011, 04:31 PM
With Homer headed to the DL, Bronson's health questionable, the inability to get production from the LF/SS and now 3rd base slot and a starting rotation struggling, you have to wonder what Walt and the boys will do? I think over the coming month we will know what we have in mag't and ownership. I think by July 1 we will have a firm grasp on where mag't sees this team and it's remining games this season. It will be interesting to see...

BAKER12
05-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a lot of faith in Dusty and Walt, they are proven winners and know not to panic. With all the pitchers that are injured and struggling, we are going to have score a lot more to keep up with Milwaukee and the Red Turds. SS and LF have got to be upgraded radically in order for this to happen. Get a bat in LF, move Heisey to 2B and Phillips to SS, that would kill the defense, but improve the offense. Unless we pull the trigger on Beltran and Reyes.

mlh1981
05-26-2011, 04:41 PM
The problem with finding potential trading partners is that currently, the majority of teams are in the thick of things. Only a few teams are really out it. Of course, much can change over the next few weeks/month.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
I have a lot of faith in Dusty and Walt, they are proven winners and know not to panic. With all the pitchers that are injured and struggling, we are going to have score a lot more to keep up with Milwaukee and the Red Turds. SS and LF have got to be upgraded radically in order for this to happen. Get a bat in LF, move Heisey to 2B and Phillips to SS, that would kill the defense, but improve the offense. Unless we pull the trigger on Beltran and Reyes.

Why would you move Hesiey to 2nd?

Maker_84
05-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Dusty is definately not a winner, had amazing talent with the Giants and Cubs and did nothing with them

CrosleyField
05-26-2011, 05:18 PM
why not trade Votto for Beltran and Reyes. Yonder can play first. I mean these guys have made the Mets a winning franchise. Lets bet the farm on them!!

BAKER12
05-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Dusty is definately not a winner, had amazing talent with the Giants and Cubs and did nothing with them

OK he wins a lot of games at the major league baseball level
What is your definition of a winner?
Took SF to the 7th game of World Series
Took Flubs to 7th game NLCS
Had Bonds and Kent and a lot of other guys (Matt Williams traded for Kent among others) so that was not a mega star team in SF

Vottomatic
05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Dusty is that you?

Deflecting criticism I see.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 06:06 PM
OK he wins a lot of games at the major league baseball level
What is your definition of a winner?
Took SF to the 7th game of World Series
Took Flubs to 7th game NLCS
Had Bonds and Kent and a lot of other guys (Matt Williams traded for Kent among others) so that was not a mega star team in SF

There are alot of managers whom win on teh major league level..
had a 3-1 lead I believe in that series and blew it
Had a lead in teh NLCS to the fish and blew that series
Has had incredible talent on all his teams that did well. I think he has either had more overall losing seasons then winning, or is around .500 on winning and losing seasons...

BAKER12
05-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Dusty is that you?

Deflecting criticism I see.

Stating facts

DaytonFlyer
05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
This is the Sun Deck. There are no "smart baseball guys" here. :p

will5979
05-27-2011, 08:10 AM
why not trade Votto for Beltran and Reyes. Yonder can play first. I mean these guys have made the Mets a winning franchise. Lets bet the farm on them!!

To quote Dr. Evil abou trading Joey Votto, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttt ttttttttttttttttttt"

RedLegsToday
05-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Guys, it doesn't matter if we win or lose the division. There's not going to be a World Series! The Rapture is coming on October 21!

CrosleyField
05-27-2011, 09:31 AM
To quote Dr. Evil abou trading Joey Votto, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttt ttttttttttttttttttt"

It was a joke. Hope you got it.

DocRed
05-27-2011, 09:35 AM
I applaud those with blind faith despite the obvious.

swaisuc
05-27-2011, 09:55 AM
I applaud those with blind faith despite the obvious.

What exactly is the obvious? That Homer's career is over? That we have 5 guys that need DFA'd? That we should fire the staff that finally brought us a competitive team? Look around this forum right now. That is what the OP is mocking.

If you want to make a case that we're an average team playing bad baseball the past week, you might be right, but some of the hyperbole around here is making this place unbearable lately.

I don't have blind faith, but the fact is this is the 2nd or 3rd best team that we've had in the past 15 years so I'm not jumping off any bridges over this year's team.

Vottomatic
05-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Last year.........we were a good team that was playing great.
This year.........we're a good team that is playing bad.

brm7675
05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Last year.........we were a good team that was playing great.
This year.........we're a good team that is playing bad.

There are things not happening that happened last season. I am not sure but it seems to me our numbers with RISP last year where much better then they were this season. I also think our defense was a tad better last year also, and both of those are key numbers.