PDA

View Full Version : Nomar thinks we will be okay

cbowen2112
05-28-2011, 12:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/baseballtonight

Snippet of Baseball Tonight...

Nomar says the Reds will stay in contention, because there is too much talent. Compares us with the Red Sox early season struggles.

Nice to hear from someone who knows way more about the game then any of the "sky is falling" types on here.

Stray
05-28-2011, 12:34 PM
We were playing the two best teams in baseball and for whatever reason the Pirates have our number this year. With the road trip, the 19 inning game, and all of our injuries we were bound to hit a rough stretch.

Some people just like to overreact.

cbowen2112
05-28-2011, 12:37 PM
We were playing the two best teams in baseball and for whatever reason the Pirates have our number this year. With the road trip, the 19 inning game, and all of our injuries we were bound to hit a rough stretch.

Some people just like to overreact.

Exactly! That is why to hear from people who have no ties to this team. If they think we can turn it around, so do I.

bshall2105
05-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Until brm7675 says our season will be okay I'm still worried.

texasdave
05-28-2011, 04:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/baseballtonight

Snippet of Baseball Tonight...

Nomar says the Reds will stay in contention, because there is too much talent. Compares us with the Red Sox early season struggles.

Nice to hear from someone who knows way more about the game then any of the "sky is falling" types on here.

I'd say the talking heads on Baseball Tonight are wrong just about as often as they are right. If these people are so spot-on all the time just take some money to Vegas and retire. Easy pickings it would seem to me. It's funny that when of the talking heads says something negative about the organization all you read on this board is how little they know about the Reds.
The Reds have talent but they also have serious holes. Will they be in contention in September? It would be nice to see, but it is hardly a given.

AintlifeGrande
05-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Until brm7675 says our season will be okay I'm still worried.

Dont hold your breath.lol

DocRed
05-29-2011, 05:19 PM
NOMAAA!!!

Sorry...that was by best Boston accent.

Reds
05-29-2011, 05:41 PM
If Nomar says it, it must be true. Ex Cubs know winners!