PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen help!

Reds
05-29-2011, 03:02 PM
First off, Lecure and Dusty need to get on the same page, if he can't pitch get him to the DL already.

Find an able bodied arm so Fisher doesn't get injured, can you image if we go 15 tonight and he has to pitch multiple innings again? I'll take Smith or Thompson if Lecure is broken.

Sure we need more from our starters but at this point I'm concerned about burning our bullpen out both short and long term.

Reds
05-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Tom Cochran looks like he's going to answer the bell. He's taken Maloneys spot on the 40, Lecure likely going to the DL now.

texasdave
05-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Raise your hand if you knew in Spring Training that Tom Cochran, or someone like him, would be making starts for the Reds by the end of May. Good luck, Tom, and welcome to The Show.

texasdave
05-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Admittedly, I don't know much about either Cochran or Reineke. But I wonder how Cochran got the nod when Reineke's stats look much better. On top of that Reineke is a local kid.

Reds
05-29-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm not a minor league guru.

I was also under the impression that Cochran was going to the bullpen, you think he's going to take Baileys place or what TD?

texasdave
05-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm not even sure if Cochran is right or left handed, it's been reported both ways. I thought he was a lefty.. I'm not a minor league guru.

I was also under the impression that Cochran was going to the bullpen, you think he's going to take Baileys place or what TD?

I just assumed since he started some in Louisville and the Reds seem to be a starter short that would be the case. I thought he was a southpaw as well. Maybe the Reds are expecting another extra-inning extravaganza.

redsfan1995
05-29-2011, 04:35 PM
it sounds like he may only be up till tuesday when it sounds like they will bring up reinike to start

texasdave
05-29-2011, 04:37 PM
it sounds like he may only be up till tuesday when it sounds like they will bring up reinike to start

That makes more sense to me.