PDA

View Full Version : What Am I Missing Here?

Mutaman
05-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm old school-I believe in the percentages: On offense you want a left handed batter against a right handed pitcher and vice -versa. I see where the Reds are hitting .312 against Lefties and .252 against right handers. Isn't part of this problem due to the fact that we only have 3 left handed batters on this team? Which makes the decision not to resign Nix so puzzling. This seems so basic- what am I missing here?

Vottomatic
05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Francisco was suppose to be our LHed PHer. But he got hurt. Now he is in Louisville.

kfm
05-29-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm old school-I believe in the percentages: On offense you want a left handed batter against a right handed pitcher and vice -versa. I see where the Reds are hitting .312 against Lefties and .252 against right handers. Isn't part of this problem due to the fact that we only have 3 left handed batters on this team? Which makes the decision not to resign Nix so puzzling. This seems so basic- what am I missing here?

You have identified one of the big problems with this team. It is incredibly right handed dominated. Top of the rotation righthanders just seem to feast on the Reds. I knew they would lose tonight no matter how well Cueto pitched. The big difference I see with this season compared to last season, is that last year when they needed a big hit or a big out they got it. This season they are not getting it done. How many games have they lost when they were one hit or one out away, and usually they have multiple chances to get that one hit and they just cant do it.

Vottomatic
05-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Beltran is a switch hitter.

Just sayin'. :D

kfm
05-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Beltran would be a huge upgrade and improve the offense tremendously. I just want Reyes because I think either frazier/sappelt/alonso have a chance to solve our outfield problem, not sure there is a solution internally for shortstop.

Maker_84
05-29-2011, 11:37 PM
I think it's safe to say Walt Jocketty is pretty frugal when it comes to trading our prospects and getting a good/great player in return

Who Dey Time
05-29-2011, 11:43 PM
I think it's safe to say Walt Jocketty is pretty frugal when it comes to trading our prospects and getting a good/great player in return

As he should be. We're never going to have the luxury of a $100-$120 million payroll. You need to continue to build from within like they have done over the last 4+ years.