PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com All Star Voting

UCBrownsfan
05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
In case you didn't know you can go back and switch your votes, I didn't have Bruce originally, went back and replaced Holliday with Bruce for the NL outfielders.

webbbj
05-31-2011, 12:05 AM
ok

Krawhitham
05-31-2011, 01:07 AM
You vote for all Reds, what is wrong with you?

Nathan
05-31-2011, 01:21 AM

Uhh.. Duh.. I thought everyone knew this.

CrosleyField
05-31-2011, 07:30 AM
I was in Atlanta this past weekend and voted at least 50 times all Reds. Didn't bother to vote AL

DocRed
05-31-2011, 02:22 PM

LOL, this.

Chris Sabowned
05-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Why were you voting for a Cardinal in the first place? Unacceptable.

Reds
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
I either vote for Reds players or leave it blank if I don't think the Red at that position deserves a spot.

texasdave
05-31-2011, 04:09 PM
At the ballpark I always check for hanging chads. You never know.

Reds
05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm going to write in Dante Bichette for the fun of it.

bshall2105
05-31-2011, 05:10 PM
I wrote in Devin Mesoraco...does anybody know if that will count?

mroby85
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
I just voted for Votto and Phillips and left the rest blank. I didn't really feel like anyone else deserved it, although it appears Bruce may at this point. He also may be in the HR Derby.

Reds
05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
it would be sweet for the Reds to be represented in the derby again

VottoFan54
05-31-2011, 06:33 PM
From Reds.com:

May 31, 2011 – Brandon Phillips is pulling away. The Reds' second baseman is the leading vote-getter at second base in the National League. Batting over .300, Phillips would head to the All-Star Game for the second time in his career and for the second straight season.

Joey Votto has the next-most votes among Reds, trailing St. Louis' Albert Pujols. Third baseman Scott Rolen and catcher Ramon Hernandez are the fifth-highest vote-getters at their respective positions, while Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs trail the current outfield leaders.

Krawhitham
05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
From Reds.com:

May 31, 2011 – Brandon Phillips is pulling away. The Reds' second baseman is the leading vote-getter at second base in the National League. Batting over .300, Phillips would head to the All-Star Game for the second time in his career and for the second straight season.

Joey Votto has the next-most votes among Reds, trailing St. Louis' Albert Pujols. Third baseman Scott Rolen and catcher Ramon Hernandez are the fifth-highest vote-getters at their respective positions, while Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs trail the current outfield leaders.

Maybe all the Reds should talk non stop on twitter

foxfire123
05-31-2011, 06:59 PM

My entire NL voting is all Reds, even tho some of them really don't have a fart in a windstorm chance of making it. :D Team loyalty!!!! They've each gotten 50 votes from me, and as soon as I get my lazy butt in gear and register my other spam email and remember the password for my hotmail addy, they'll get 50 more.....

My AL ticket was all over the place. Former Reds players, the one player whose name I recognized on that position list, etc. :lol

texasdave
05-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Sacrilege. I don't vote.

stevekun
06-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I just voted. And yes Bruce deserves the vote

lonewolf371
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
How in the world is Pujols beating Votto? Pujols has been snubbed for some past awards, but this year he shouldn't even be close to Votto.

NL outfield was real tough. I put Braun/Bruce/Berkman but it was really hard to hold out Kemp and Holliday. In the AL you basically have Bautista, Granderson, and nothing after that (although Joyce has been great so far in a smaller season). Of course, the NL is dead at 3rd base. Polanco isn't an All-Star bu this year there's nothing else to vote for.

Had a tough time deciding 2nd base in the AL. Cano has great power but he hasn't been getting on base. I think I ultimately went with Kinsler but it wasn't solid. I think my ballot was:

AL:
C Russell Martin
1B Miguel Cabrera
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Alexei Ramirez
3B Alex Rodriguez
OF Jose Bautista
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Matt Joyce

NL:
C Brian McCann
1B Joey Votto
2B Brandon Phillips
SS Troy Tulowitzki
3B Placido Polanco
OF Ryan Braun
OF Lance Berkman
OF Jay Bruce

And I voted 25 times.

VottoFan54
06-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Votto is in second place behind Pujols
Phillips is in first place
Bruce is in 7th place behind:

1. Ryan Braun
2. Matt Holiday
3. Lance Berkman
4. Andre Ethier
5. Matt Kemp
6. Shane Victorino

Magdal
06-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Holliday and Berkman are missing a lot of games lately due to injury, but Pujols took a quatum leap with his 2 GWHRs on National TV. He will prolly get it unless he totally tanks the rest of this month.

Bruce has a good shot IMO.

I don't get this business of voting more than once, or voting for a lesser player because he is on your team. There is a big enough lack of integrity in MLB as it is. The fans should be above that. Well, at least the adult fans.

lonewolf371
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Holliday and Berkman are missing a lot of games lately due to injury, but Pujols took a quatum leap with his 2 GWHRs on National TV. He will prolly get it unless he totally tanks the rest of this month.

Bruce has a good shot IMO.

I don't get this business of voting more than once, or voting for a lesser player because he is on your team. There is a big enough lack of integrity in MLB as it is. The fans should be above that. Well, at least the adult fans.
Hey, I honestly feel that Votto, Phillips, and Bruce should make it over every other person that they're competing against. I didn't feel like any other Reds should. Just my honest opinion.

Magdal
06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Hey, I honestly feel that Votto, Phillips, and Bruce should make it over every other person that they're competing against. I didn't feel like any other Reds should. Just my honest opinion.

I don't know about Votto...I take him over Pujols, but isn't Fielder having a good year too? And what about Howard? :confused:

mckbearcat48
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Votto, Bruce, and Phillips are deserving. St. Louis fans vote like crazy, so Berkman/Holliday/Molina/Pujols starting would not surprise me in the least.