PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals/LaRussa monkeying with the lights?

SWIndRed
06-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Gee, Cardinals down 2 in the 11th and suddenly two banks of lights go out. Giants closer forced to shut it down and wait. If this was another team, LaGenius and/or Duncan would allege some sort of "cheating".

jhiller21
06-02-2011, 12:15 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Cards did it on purpose to get Wilson out of there. Not likely, but with that team you just never know.

Sort of like the Colts piping extra crowd noise over the speakers to mess with the opposing offense a few years ago.

jhiller21
06-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Haha, lights come back... one pitch later and it's over.

SWIndRed
06-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Sort of like the Colts piping extra crowd noise over the speakers to mess with the opposing offense a few years ago.

Having attended Colt's games in the dome, no need to pipe crowd noise in. That place was deafening when the opponents had the ball in crucial situations. Not so much in Lucas Oil.

Reds win, Brewers and Cards lose, good night! Keep the faith Reds' fans. Lots of baseball left and hopefully our pitching staff gets healthy and gets their act together.

gilpdawg
06-02-2011, 02:28 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Cards did it on purpose to get Wilson out of there. Not likely, but with that team you just never know.

The Colts never did that. That "smoking gun" youtube video that everyone trumpets was simply a technical snafu on CBS's part. Trust me, as a Colts fan, the RCA Dome, which is where they were playing when the accusations were made, was LOUD. You almost needed earplugs at times.

Eric from NC
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I have to admit I had the same thought when the lights went out. It looks like the Giants did too. If ESPN had guts and did their homework(2things that are not their strong suit), they would have brought up Larussa not providing the Reds with a weather report when there were tornado warnings in the area.

DocRed
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Ne1 else but Larussa I wouldn't believe it...

Vottomatic
06-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Larussa is a monkey. Seriously.

BluegrassRedleg
06-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Funny, but the same exact thing crossed my mind watching that game. My buddy texted me saying "Could you imagine what would be said from the Cards' clubhouse if this had happened at GABP?"

Magdal
06-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Funny, but the same exact thing crossed my mind watching that game. My buddy texted me saying "Could you imagine what would be said from the Cards' clubhouse if this had happened at GABP?"

Carpenter would have been pissed! :eek:

mckbearcat48
06-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I have to admit I had the same thought when the lights went out. It looks like the Giants did too. If ESPN had guts and did their homework(2things that are not their strong suit), they would have brought up Larussa not providing the Reds with a weather report when there were tornado warnings in the area.

So no one on the Reds side could have gotten on the Internet? LaRussa has done some different things, but blaming him for the weather? We don't even do that in St. Louis.

10xWSChamps
06-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh good lord.... you guys must have tinfoil hats on here.

Yeah, LaRussa turned out the lights during the middle of a Brian Wilson pitch. Any clue who would have the advantage with bad lighting, the pitcher or the hitter? Methinks its the guy trying to see a mid 90s fastball from one of the best closers in the game

No, LaRussa waited until the Cardinals last strike in the game to try to sabotage everything.

I bet they even installed a lightswitch, right by where LaRussa usually stands, all the way back in 2006 so that Tony could use it in a crucial June game with a 3 game lead in the division. Certainly couldn't have been a better time to use that bullet. LaRussa is always thinking ahead, but I'm sure he knew that this June game against the Giants was the best time to use this trick instead of waiting for a playoff game

I'm also astounded, like one of the other posters here, that ESPN did not make a huge story about this dasterdly act of sabotage.

Oh yeah, I agree that LaRussa controls the weather too. And for the guy who said, couldn't the reds just look on the internet. HECK NO. Because LaRussa cut the internet access and phone lines for that game. He also worked with cellular companies to turn off all the cellular towers in downtown st louis.

LaRussa really needs to be working for the CIA! Or at least the national weather service.

Reds
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I bet LaRussa did it so he could sneak a hit from the flask without being seen.

BluegrassRedleg
06-03-2011, 01:06 AM

Yeah, LaRussa turned out the lights during the middle of a Brian Wilson pitch. Any clue who would have the advantage with bad lighting, the pitcher or the hitter? Methinks its the guy trying to see a mid 90s fastball from one of the best closers in the game

No, LaRussa waited until the Cardinals last strike in the game to try to sabotage everything.

I bet they even installed a lightswitch, right by where LaRussa usually stands, all the way back in 2006 so that Tony could use it in a crucial June game with a 3 game lead in the division. Certainly couldn't have been a better time to use that bullet. LaRussa is always thinking ahead, but I'm sure he knew that this June game against the Giants was the best time to use this trick instead of waiting for a playoff game

I'm also astounded, like one of the other posters here, that ESPN did not make a huge story about this dasterdly act of sabotage.

Oh yeah, I agree that LaRussa controls the weather too. And for the guy who said, couldn't the reds just look on the internet. HECK NO. Because LaRussa cut the internet access and phone lines for that game. He also worked with cellular companies to turn off all the cellular towers in downtown st louis.

LaRussa really needs to be working for the CIA! Or at least the national weather service.

We don't ACTUALLY believe it. We laugh because it's the kind of utter nonsense that TLR & Co. come up with every time they face Cincinnati. The balls. The mound. Someone's jewelry. A hat. Freakin' fireworks smoke, for God's sake. It's always something.

That is why this is so comical to us. ;)

Magdal
06-03-2011, 01:24 AM
I thought this was a joke thread....it's serious???

Vottomatic
06-03-2011, 04:30 AM

We will give you a break since you are participating in that Geico commercial where you're living under a rock.

But TLR definitely has a reputation of doing this type of stuff.

We welcome you back from your coma.