PDA

View Full Version : The Cub series

Magdal
06-06-2011, 03:13 PM
This series could be an oppertunity to climb. The Cubs are as low as a team can get right now. Losing 3 strait to the Cards, the last 2 in come from behind fashion. Zambrano voiced his disgust "WE STINKS".

Game 1: Coming off the DL is Garza vs. Leake who is due for a good start.

Game 2: Doug Davis' ERA is near 6.00 ....very beatable (he does well vs. the Reds, but that can change) This should be the toughest game.

Game 3: Dempster...you never know what he will bring, but Arroyo can beat him.

So there is no Zambrano to face. A sweep is very doable concidering the state of the Cubs.

St. Louis faces Houston, always tough for them, with the back end of their order. 2 of 3 for the Stro's is likely.

The Reds have just got to sweep. Nothing less than a sweep can get some momentum going. I'm no Cub hater but that damn team deserves to be crushed!

Hillsdale87
06-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm going to the game tonight. Hopefully Garza is a little rusty and Leake can continue pitching well. The nice thing about playing the Cubs is that even if the Reds get outplayed all game, there's still a great chance the Cubs will find a new and creative way to lose the game

Vottomatic
06-06-2011, 03:22 PM
This series could be an oppertunity to climb. The Cubs are as low as a team can get right now. Losing 3 strait to the Cards, the last 2 in come from behind fashion. Zambrano voiced his disgust "WE STINKS".

Game 2: Doug Davis' ERA is near 6.00 ....very beatable (he does well vs. the Reds, but that can change) This should be the toughest game.

So there is no Zambrano to face. A sweep is very doable concidering the state of the Cubs.

St. Louis faces Houston, always tough for them, with the back end of their order. 2 of 3 for the Stro's is likely.

The Reds have just got to sweep. Nothing less than a sweep can get some momentum going. I'm no Cub hater but that damn team deserves to be crushed!

Are you a George Strait fan?

Proper spelling in your post is straight. :D

Magdal
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm going to the game tonight. Hopefully Garza is a little rusty and Leake can continue pitching well. The nice thing about playing the Cubs is that even if the Reds get outplayed all game, there's still a great chance the Cubs will find a new and creative way to lose the game

That's spot on. ;)

Grouse
06-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Were not great, but we are better than the Cubs, thats for sure. I can't agree with your favoring the stros over the Cards. The astros might be the worst team in baseball.

mu4103
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Were not great, but we are better than the Cubs, thats for sure. I can't agree with your favoring the stros over the Cards. The astros might be the worst team in baseball.
I disagree. It does seem like the Stros have the Cards number. I could see them taking two of three. The Astros seem to be playing better as well.

Magdal
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM

They may be, but if you check you will find that they have OWNED the Cards for the last 4 years, maybe longer.

Magdal
06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I disagree. It does seem like the Stros have the Cards number. I could see them taking two of three. The Astros seem to be playing better as well.

They are. They just finished their BEST road trip of the year.

Kingspoint
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks, Magdal. Chances look very good for us to win this series.

Magdal
06-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks, Magdal. Chances look very good for us to win this series.

This may be the easiest sweep the Reds will see this year. Game #1 they won with ease, and that is now 7 games in a row the Cubs have dropped! Their best chance for a win is tomorro, but what's the incentive? They make their millions no matter how bad they play. Pujols ripped their guts out in St. Louis and they KNOW this year is over for them.

Win tomorro, and it's a sweeper!

Oh, and FYI, keep daddy Rolen on the pine.

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Our bullpen got a well-needed break tonight.

Razzle
06-07-2011, 03:48 AM
They may be, but if you check you will find that they have OWNED the Cards for the last 4 years, maybe longer.

The Cards stunk against the Astros last year, but won the season series the three years prior and they've won 4 of 5 this year. The Astros have been competitive with the Cardinals over these years, but have hardly owned them outside of last year.

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Volquez can't give up 1st-inning runs tonight, or many runs at all, for that matter.

His opponent, Doug Davis, has given up three or fewer runs in 12 consecutive starts against the Reds, going 5-2 with a 3.10 ERA.

Magdal
06-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Volquez can't give up 1st-inning runs tonight, or many runs at all, for that matter.

His opponent, Doug Davis, has given up three or fewer runs in 12 consecutive starts against the Reds, going 5-2 with a 3.10 ERA.

This is, as I said before the toughest game of the series, but definately doable.

Oh Razzle! In regard to the Astro's "owning" the Cards....when a perinial 5th place team wins more than loses vs. a frequent 1st place team it seems to me like ownership. The Stro's and the Royals are the 2 toughest crappy teams for the Cards to beat. If you know of another crappy team that beats 'em more, I would like to hear it.

Magdal
06-08-2011, 01:57 AM
Grab a broom and hold your breath!;)

lonewolf371
06-08-2011, 02:12 AM
I think today's game will be tougher. Dempster's a better pitcher...

Magdal
06-08-2011, 03:44 AM
I think today's game will be tougher. Dempster's a better pitcher...

There are 2 of them: Dempster and Dumpster. Hope for the latter.

lonewolf371
06-08-2011, 04:02 AM
There are 2 of them: Dempster and Dumpster. Hope for the latter.
Of course. :)

Razzle
06-08-2011, 05:53 AM
This is, as I said before the toughest game of the series, but definately doable.

Oh Razzle! In regard to the Astro's "owning" the Cards....when a perinial 5th place team wins more than loses vs. a frequent 1st place team it seems to me like ownership. The Stro's and the Royals are the 2 toughest crappy teams for the Cards to beat. If you know of another crappy team that beats 'em more, I would like to hear it.

In a post in this very thread I explained how the Cardinals have lost the season series one time in the last four years against the Astros (last year) not including winning five of six this year. I can't see how that makes the Astros "own" the Cards.

As far as the Royals are concerned the Cardinals have lost 2 of the past five season series and split one. They are 17-13 against the Royals in that span, once again hardly owned.

Magdal
06-08-2011, 07:07 AM
In a post in this very thread I explained how the Cardinals have lost the season series one time in the last four years against the Astros (last year) not including winning five of six this year. I can't see how that makes the Astros "own" the Cards.

As far as the Royals are concerned the Cardinals have lost 2 of the past five season series and split one. They are 17-13 against the Royals in that span, once again hardly owned.I guess it's psychological on my part.

While I got you here, I must admit that Pujols has caught fire like a madman. But I figured out what his problem was.;)

Razzle
06-08-2011, 08:11 AM
I guess it's psychological on my part.

While I got you here, I must admit that Pujols has caught fire like a madman. But I figured out what his problem was.;)

I definitely felt the same about the Astros before looking it up and maybe it just feels that way because every time they ran into guys like Bud Norris they'd lose.

I'm not sure what you think Pujols problem was, I'm just glad he's hitting better.

Magdal
06-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I definitely felt the same about the Astros before looking it up and maybe it just feels that way because every time they ran into guys like Bud Norris they'd lose.

I'm not sure what you think Pujols problem was, I'm just glad he's hitting better.It's really VERY simple....played horrible the 1st 2 weeks batting about .170....a little better the next 2 weeks at about .240 in that time frame.

In May he was erratic. Trying to go to RF and a total lack of power, but BA gradually climbing. As May closed he was running the bases better and began blasting the ball again. Batted over .300 to get his BA to .278.

Last nite he hit a monster HR to the train tracks WAY up in left center, his 1st tape measure job of the season. You see what I'm getting at? He came into the season out of shape and is playing himself back into it. I'm sure you have noticed his baggy uniform this year, hiding his girth the same way Manny hid his rippling 'roid muscles.

What do you think?

lonewolf371
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Well, it's like I said. Dempster is the better pitcher...