PDA

View Full Version : Local HS Baseball star...

foxfire123
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
And my "adopted nephew" Jonathan Harris. I work with his mom, and we've all been rooting for this kid since he was in little league.

YouTube - ‪Jonathan Harris - RH Pitcher - Hazelwood Central‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK9LbmezPTE&feature=fvsr)

Jon's been playing Select ball with the St Louis Pirates, as well as kicker on the Hazelwood football team. Tough, good kid, hard worker. He's been to Mizzou for the tour, and looking at a couple other colleges too.

foxfire123
06-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Bumping this because Jonathan was drafted by the Blue Jays today! :D 30-something round, but hey, we're still pretty darn proud of him!

He's going to college instead tho.

camisadelgolf
06-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Congratulations. That's got to be exciting. Does he have an agent? You probably know about all this, but I have some experience in these things just in case. For example, unless he's going to sign a big bonus (~$100k or so), there's really no need for an agent right now. And if he does have one, hopefully the deal is that the agent doesn't get paid until he reaches MLB. Is he good at school? I'm sure he is, but if not, it might serve him best to sign now instead of being declared academically ineligible. Then again, a year of college under his belt could really help his draft stock--especially against D1 competition. Did the Jays ask him anything about how signable he would be? Hopefully they know he wouldn't accept anything less than $25,000. ;) By the way, has anyone talked to him about his pitching mechanics?

edit:
Oops. I see he's going to school. Odds are, it's the right choice. Congrats once again.

TeamSelig
06-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Congrats

redsmetz
06-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Bumping this because Jonathan was drafted by the Blue Jays today! :D 30-something round, but hey, we're still pretty darn proud of him!

He's going to college instead tho.

Is he heading to Mizzou? That's my wife's alma mater. She's originally from Jeff City, but she's now a converted Reds fan. Congrats on your nephew.

NM - I see he's committed to Missouri State.

RollyInRaleigh
06-08-2012, 04:10 PM
And my "adopted nephew" Jonathan Harris. I work with his mom, and we've all been rooting for this kid since he was in little league.

Jonathan Harris - RH Pitcher - Hazelwood Central - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK9LbmezPTE&feature=fvsr)

Jon's been playing Select ball with the St Louis Pirates, as well as kicker on the Hazelwood football team. Tough, good kid, hard worker. He's been to Mizzou for the tour, and looking at a couple other colleges too.

:beerme: Great mechanics! Congrats!

foxfire123
06-08-2012, 11:20 PM
He's not my "official" nephew, but I've been friends with his mom since he was about 8, so we've always jokingly called him a nephew.

He's going to Missouri State, not Mizzou--did have an offer from Mizzou, but Mo State's was better. That should be a team to watch--Tate Matheny is headed there too.