PDA

View Full Version : Larussa wanting apology from Jocketty and Castellini

Vottomatic
06-07-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_1776e0a0-2c81-535b-8f30-a12b60e51d29.html

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa, more or less, has put behind him Cincinnati Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman's criticisms of the Cardinals as "whiners" and the "most hated team in baseball." But what nettles him more, he said, is what he hasn't heard from the Cincinnati organization.

"There are people in that organization, from the top - (Bob) Castellini, Walt (general manager Walt Jocketty), Jerry Walker, to the players who were here - they know how we compete," La Russa said. "If you win, you shut your mouth and enjoy it. When you lose, you tip your cap.

"The guys who are in the best position (to say anything) are the owner (Castellini) and the general manager. I'm really disappointed they've been so mute - that they didn't say, ‘That's (Brennaman's) opinion. We don't necessarily agree with it.' It really bothers me."

TLR has sure PUT BEHIND HIM the Marty thing. :laugh:

mroby85
06-07-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_1776e0a0-2c81-535b-8f30-a12b60e51d29.html

He's really proving them wrong, and showing that he's not a whiner at all.

texasdave
06-07-2011, 04:15 PM
"There are people in that organization, from the top - (Bob) Castellini, Walt (general manager Walt Jocketty), Jerry Walker, to the players who were here - they know how we compete," La Russa said. "If you win, you shut your mouth and enjoy it. When you lose, you tip your cap.

And whine about how the baseballs were rubbed up, and smoke from the home-run celebration and blah blah blah.

texasdave
06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
"The guys who are in the best position (to say anything) are the owner (Castellini) and the general manager. I'm really disappointed they've been so mute - that they didn't say, ‘That's (Brennaman's) opinion. We don't necessarily agree with it.' It really bothers me."

But they do agree with it. That's why they haven't said anything, Tony.

Pony Boy
06-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa, more or less, has put behind him Cincinnati Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman's criticisms of the Cardinals as "whiners" and the "most hated team in baseball." But what nettles him more, he whined, is what he hasn't heard from the Cincinnati organization.

"There are people in that organization, from the top - (Bob) Castellini, Walt (general manager Walt Jocketty), Jerry Walker, to the players who were here - they know how we compete," La Russa whined. "If you win, you shut your mouth and enjoy it. When you lose, you tip your cap.

fixed it.

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Stir the flame, LaRussa. Stir the flame. Brett Myers is going for Houston tonight. Looking forward to tonight's game. The Cardinals are heavily favored with Jake Westbrook going, but we'll see, as it's in Houston, they get the last bat, and Cardinals reliever have just as much trouble as anyone's at closing out games.

jimbo
06-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa, more or less, has put behind him Cincinnati Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman's criticisms of the Cardinals as "whiners" and the "most hated team in baseball." But what nettles him more, he said, is what he hasn't heard from the Cincinnati organization.

Hey Tony, you might want to mention the bolded part to your pitching coach, backup catcher, and Chrissy.....and then look in the mirror and tell yourself.

This guy seriously lives in his own little world.

Kiss the Baby00
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Id love to punch TLR in the mouth

bshall2105
06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
TLR is right. Jocketty and Castellini need to control their employees. Marty was way out of line with his disrespectful comments towards the Cardinals.

Señor Rojo
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
LaRussa is fortunate that there isn't a broadcaster like Marty in St. Louis. He would not be able to handle the public criticism.

foxfire123
06-07-2011, 06:19 PM
TLR is right. Jocketty and Castellini need to control their employees. Marty was way out of line with his disrespectful comments towards the Cardinals.

Is Marty an *organization* employee, or is he employed by WLW?

And while LaRussa is waiting, HE can compose his apology to the Reds. For constant complaints by him and his players about the field, the players, and his general rudeness overall.

Like that's going to happen.

Can't wait to hear Marty's comments on THIS! :laugh:

Magdal
06-07-2011, 06:22 PM
LaRussa is fortunate that there isn't a broadcaster like Marty in St. Louis. He would not be able to handle the public criticism.

Man, do you ever have that right! They are a bunch of lock step flunkies for the Org.

ntorvik
06-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Boy oh boy, just gotta love them Cardinals, with the fearless leader. Come on Tony, you're just making it too easy on us! Get over it, it's a professional sport where trash-talking is not only expected but encouraged! How old are we??

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Boy oh boy, just gotta love them Cardinals, with the fearless leader. Come on Tony, you're just making it too easy on us! Get over it, it's a professional sport where trash-talking is not only expected but encouraged! How old are we??

No kidding. If you can't take some old-fashioned ribbing, then it's time to retire, or else go put on your ballet shoes and change your sport. Maybe he should watch, "Black Swan".

Vottomatic
06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Larussa is fortunate he doesn't have to bat against Cueto. :D

texasdave
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Everyone knows that steroids make a person irritable.

Redeye fly
06-07-2011, 09:55 PM

You can argue all day about whether or not someone in Marty's position should say that. But, I think it's pretty much been established Marty is going to say and be given pretty much free reign to say whatever is on his mind. Within reason anyway....

What Marty said is pretty much what most Reds fans and even players probably feel. I mean I respect the success of the Cardinals and some of their players and many of their fans. But some of these guys are just unbelievable. I mean the stuff they complain about and yes [B]whine about[B] is just bush league. They whine about things that happen in games that little league players would handle with more maturity and common sense. I mean I'm pretty sure an experienced 12 year old can figure out that Francisco Cordero did not hit Pujols on purpose. Yet the Cardinals, who's you know what doesn't stink, are yelling like morons from the dugout.

There ought to be more people with the courage to call it like it is

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 10:34 PM
You can argue all day about whether or not someone in Marty's position should say that. But, I think it's pretty much been established Marty is going to say and be given pretty much free reign to say whatever is on his mind. Within reason anyway....

What Marty said is pretty much what most Reds fans and even players probably feel. I mean I respect the success of the Cardinals and some of their players and many of their fans. But some of these guys are just unbelievable. I mean the stuff they complain about and yes [B]whine about[B] is just bush league. They whine about things that happen in games that little league players would handle with more maturity and common sense. I mean I'm pretty sure an experienced 12 year old can figure out that Francisco Cordero did not hit Pujols on purpose. Yet the Cardinals, who's you know what doesn't stink, are yelling like morons from the dugout.

So true. So true. I love the City of St. Louis. I love St. Louis Cardinal fans. I love the new Busch Stadium. But, I hate Tony LaRussa with a passion, and I dislike all of their players with a passion (not the players from before LaRussa got there). He is the most disliked person for me in baseball, next to Bud Selig. Mark McGwire was always the biggest joke in baseball, a much greater joke than Sammy Sosa.

Reds
06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Apology? Is Tony 8 years old? Did your feelings get hurt? Who freaking cares. He comes up with stuff like this when he drinks alone, which is probably quite often.

BAKER12
06-07-2011, 11:57 PM
LaRussa (not handsome like Volquez) is proving the point that BP made last August.

foxfire123
06-08-2011, 12:16 AM
LaRussa (not handsome like Volquez) is proving the point that BP made last August.

Over and over and over again.... :p

bounty37h
06-08-2011, 12:20 PM

So, did he and the Cards call the Reds eralier this season then when their announcers stated on air they hoped they beaned Phillips right int he head? Or their coach called Cueto a F the last series? or....? STF up Tony, your quickly becoming the biggest ass in all of sports, and thats a hard list to top.

Vottomatic
06-08-2011, 02:36 PM

x2, 3, & 4 :beerme:

Kiss the Baby00
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM

I hope this is a joke. The GM is in charge of the radio guy? lol

cw0802
06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
And whine about how the baseballs were rubbed up, and smoke from the home-run celebration and blah blah blah.

home plate umpire stopped the game to let the smoke clear.

cw0802
06-08-2011, 04:28 PM
So true. So true. I love the City of St. Louis. I love St. Louis Cardinal fans. I love the new Busch Stadium. But, I hate Tony LaRussa with a passion, and I dislike all of their players with a passion (not the players from before LaRussa got there). He is the most disliked person for me in baseball, next to Bud Selig. Mark McGwire was always the biggest joke in baseball, a much greater joke than Sammy Sosa.

I understand McGwire being a joke but a greater joke than Sosa?! Ok, McGwire admitted to doing steroids...Sosa did steroids AND used a corked bat?!

bshall2105
06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
I hope this is a joke. The GM is in charge of the radio guy? lol

It's the furthest thing from a joke. If TLR thinks that Walt should apologize then it probably needs to be done. TLR is one of the most honest, level headed managers in baseball.

brm7675
06-08-2011, 05:54 PM
You know we can make fun of poke at TL and all but when it comes down to it he wins. He has how many WS appearances as manager? He has WS titles as manager and ranks where all time in wins for a manager? I will say this, I would rather have him as the Reds manager right now over Dusty....

BluegrassRedleg
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Sounds to me like Marty's comments hit a little too close to home. ;)

Vottomatic
06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Now TLR wants an apology from each and every Reds fan for writing nasty things about him on Redszone.

This is getting out of hand.

He also said that he's worried about how Carpenter is going to explain Marty's comments to his son.

:D

texasdave
06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
He also said that he's worried about how Carpenter is going to explain Marty's comments to his son.

I am pretty sure Thom understands. He probably even shares those opinions.

Vottomatic
06-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I am pretty sure Thom understands. He probably even shares those opinions.

You misunderstood.

I mean how Carpenter is going to explain those comments to HIS SON.

texasdave
06-08-2011, 07:28 PM
You misunderstood.

I mean how Carpenter is going to explain those comments to HIS SON.

I understood. I just threw a little twist of my own in. :)

jwmann2
06-08-2011, 09:58 PM
This rivalry is getting more and more intense. I feel like the Cubs-Cards rivalry has steamed off a little.

bshall2105
06-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Now TLR wants an apology from each and every Reds fan for writing nasty things about him on Redszone.

This is getting out of hand.

:D

He deserves an apology from Reds fans too. They're all just jealous because he has more wins than Dusty Baker.

bounty37h
06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
It's the furthest thing from a joke. If TLR thinks that Walt should apologize then it probably needs to be done. TLR is one of the most honest, level headed managers in baseball.

You cant start with that sentance and then end with the one you did-total contradiction of yourself :)

cw0802
06-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Larussa is fortunate he doesn't have to bat against Cueto. :D

cause Nancy Cueto would run up and kick him then smack him in the face with one of his big floppy man boobs.

cw0802
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
You know we can make fun of poke at TL and all but when it comes down to it he wins. He has how many WS appearances as manager? He has WS titles as manager and ranks where all time in wins for a manager? I will say this, I would rather have him as the Reds manager right now over Dusty....

Said it all right there...TLR wins.

bounty37h
06-09-2011, 01:25 PM
cause Nancy Cueto would run up and kick him then smack him in the face with one of his big floppy man boobs.

The way he keeps runnin his mouth and whining, someone is gonna knock the crap out of him one day, I only hope its caught on camera so I can see it....over and over and over again.

cw0802
06-09-2011, 01:30 PM
The way he keeps runnin his mouth and whining, someone is gonna knock the crap out of him one day, I only hope its caught on camera so I can see it....over and over and over again.

The same can be said for your broadcaster.

The Tattler
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
This rivalry is getting more and more intense. I feel like the Cubs-Cards rivalry has steamed off a little.

The Reds will never be the rival of the Cardinals. Your rival is in Pittsburgh and you will be battling them for 3rd place and lowest attendance in MLB

cw0802
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
The Reds will never be the rival of the Cardinals. Your rival is in Pittsburgh and you will be battling them for 3rd place and lowest attendance in MLB

Said perfectly.

Vottomatic
06-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Larussa now wants an apology from the commissioner of baseball. And he's also asking that the police officer who arrested him apologize too. And he recently had a bad bottle of scotch and wants the liquor store to apologize for it. And also, he left their stadium recently and the road outside was bumpy, so he wants the State of Missouri to call and apologize for not fixing the road. And........

Vottomatic
06-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by The Tattler

Said perfectly.

Not really. He forgot the period at the end of the sentence. Don't they teach you anything in St. Louis? How are you going to explain your lack of punctuation to your kid?

The Tattler
06-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Not really. He forgot the period at the end of the sentence. Don't they teach you anything in St. Louis? How are you going to explain your lack of punctuation to your kid?

Your comeback is about as dull and empty as your stadium.

code
06-09-2011, 04:31 PM
This really makes me want to bang Larussa's daughter that just became a cheerleader for the Raiders while wearing my Reds shirt.

bshall2105
06-09-2011, 04:39 PM
This really makes me want to bang Larussa's daughter that just became a cheerleader for the Raiders while wearing my Reds shirt.

As long as you apologize to him afterwards you should be alright.

Vottomatic
06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Said perfectly.

Your comeback is about as dull and empty as your stadium.

I see you learned punctuation. Good for you.

Your comeback is about as dull and empty as first base is going to be next year when Pujols leaves. :laugh:

:owned:

:drink: (Larussa)

:KoolAid:

:jump:

The Tattler
06-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Your comeback is about as dull and empty as first base is going to be next year when Pujols leaves. :laugh:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_standings#20110609

Vottomatic
06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_standings#20110609

Whoop-de-do-dah.

Seems to me I remember St. Louis being in first place at times last season too. How'd that turn out? A third of the season is down and you're already counting your chickens before they're hatched. Typical of arrogant Cardinal fans.

Another boring comeback by you.

I'd say nice try, but it really wasn't. It was weak.

bounty37h
06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
The same can be said for your broadcaster.

And the doochbags in your booth who went on and on so much the first series this year they forgothere were games goign on, and said Carp should bean Phillips on air. If your going to be a punk, don't get upset when you get punked down back.

Plus Plus
06-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Play nice.

cw0802
06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
And the doochbags in your booth who went on and on so much the first series this year they forgothere were games goign on, and said Carp should bean Phillips on air. If your going to be a punk, don't get upset when you get punked down back.

what's a "doochbag"?

cw0802
06-13-2011, 01:12 PM

This made me laugh...Vottomatic, you are pretty funny.

cw0802
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Whoop-de-do-dah.

Seems to me I remember St. Louis being in first place at times last season too. How'd that turn out? A third of the season is down and you're already counting your chickens before they're hatched. Typical of arrogant Cardinal fans.

Another boring comeback by you.

I'd say nice try, but it really wasn't. It was weak.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgd9oeHdJy1qzxj7vo1_400.jpg