PDA

View Full Version : Photos of finished Reds room...

mroby85
06-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Hey guys, Just finished up the Reds room and thought i'd share some pics.

texasdave
06-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Excellent.

DocRed
06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
nice, thanks for sharing. Got any wider perspective pics?

BluegrassRedleg
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
You got some good stuff in there. Always like to see some personal photos mixed in from the ballpark. I've got several of those in my "informal" Reds room. One of these days, I'm gonna make it formal, if the wife gives her blessing. :)

mroby85
06-08-2011, 05:24 PM
@TexasDave- Thanks!

@DocRed- What are wider perspective pics?

@BluegrassRedleg- I agree on the pics from the ballparks, we're hoping to hit all of them eventually. Went to Cleveland and St. Louis this year, and possibly Chicago in August, that trip is still a maybe though due to $, lol. You could always pull the Hal Mccoy if she won't let you and have a formal one in the garage, haha jk.

p819
06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I thought I'd add my collection to the mix.

texasdave
06-08-2011, 06:50 PM
@TexasDave- Thanks!

@DocRed- What are wider perspective pics?

@BluegrassRedleg- I agree on the pics from the ballparks, we're hoping to hit all of them eventually. Went to Cleveland and St. Louis this year, and possibly Chicago in August, that trip is still a maybe though due to $, lol. You could always pull the Hal Mccoy if she won't let you and have a formal one in the garage, haha jk.

Wider perspective pics - like you can see one whole wall. Or a pic from the entrance where you can see a lot of the room at one time.

Reds
06-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey guys, Just finished up the Reds room and thought i'd share some pics.

Nice!

mroby85
06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Wider perspective pics - like you can see one whole wall. Or a pic from the entrance where you can see a lot of the room at one time.

Yeah, i'll definitely take some more pictures, It also has a lot of Ohio State stuff in the room, so I'll get some pictures of that as well, and no I didn't trade them any tattoo's for the autographs, lol.

@p819- That is a lot of Reds stuff! thats impressive! lol

50YrRedsFan
06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Nice job..I wish I had room to do something like that.

texasdave
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah, i'll definitely take some more pictures, It also has a lot of Ohio State stuff in the room, so I'll get some pictures of that as well, and no I didn't trade them any tattoo's for the autographs, lol.

@p819- That is a lot of Reds stuff! thats impressive! lol

I traded my autograph for a tattoo once. I signed with an "X".
So that's what they put on my arm. An "X".
I went to St. Xavier so it was cool.

:)

jwmann2
06-08-2011, 09:48 PM
I love P819's Reds ManCave. Absolutely amazing. I want to model mine after yours when I buy a home, but also include my Bengals memorabilia as well. Maybe a couple of 70 inch plasmas for game day. I love the bobblehead dolls, I only have seven, and they always have the bobblehead giveaways on Saturday, when I have to work. Thank god for Ebay.

bounty37h
06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Nice MROby! I saw pics of this a while back when you were starting to work on it, looks great! I see you printed out a pic of Votto from MVP ceremony, is that a new copy or the one you sent me-I had tried to print but came out pixilated-will you send new copy if so? I had my room going pretty nice but then ended up putting all new floors in downstairs 2 months ago, and had to box everything up from downstairs and store it in my mancave room, so its loaded down right now. Cant wait to get it cleared out and made up like yours-will have mostly UNC stuff with a Reds section.

mroby85
06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Nice MROby! I saw pics of this a while back when you were starting to work on it, looks great! I see you printed out a pic of Votto from MVP ceremony, is that a new copy or the one you sent me-I had tried to print but came out pixilated-will you send new copy if so? I had my room going pretty nice but then ended up putting all new floors in downstairs 2 months ago, and had to box everything up from downstairs and store it in my mancave room, so its loaded down right now. Cant wait to get it cleared out and made up like yours-will have mostly UNC stuff with a Reds section.

Thanks! I actually ordered that Votto 8x10 on ebay and it was signed, so I didn't print the picture myself. I'll see if I can find it online though because it has to be out there somewhere. I'm pretty sure they printed it. Getting new floors and stuff like that always makes it rough to keep things organized haha, i'm sure you'll get it the way you want it eventually though. No Steelers corner? Did you finally see the light? :D lol jk. My room is kinda the same way, 3/4 Ohio State stuff. Them and UNC have given us more things to enjoy over the years, lol.

bounty37h
06-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks! I actually ordered that Votto 8x10 on ebay and it was signed, so I didn't print the picture myself. I'll see if I can find it online though because it has to be out there somewhere. I'm pretty sure they printed it. Getting new floors and stuff like that always makes it rough to keep things organized haha, i'm sure you'll get it the way you want it eventually though. No Steelers corner? Did you finally see the light? :D lol jk. My room is kinda the same way, 3/4 Ohio State stuff. Them and UNC have given us more things to enjoy over the years, lol.

Well, seeing as it was my bar room and pool rooms that I had to box up and move, it only fair that it takes up my man cave (seeing as how my wife is great enough to give me the dining and living room for a bar and pool room and then upstirs room for my cave until I build my addition). Floors are done though, and hope to start moving things back down soon. I bought a pro mat cutter and want to learn to build my own frames so I can start framing my own pieces.
Haha, nope, no Steelers corner. My Heels and Reds are my primary teams and passion, the Steelers are my 2'nd place, but pretty distant in the big picture. Actually, the only memorabilia I can think of I have anymore Steelers is a Willie Parker signed helmet and his locker room tshirt from the SB (a buddy worked with his brotherndgot it for me). Your right, UNC and OSU have given us more to enjoy, as well as location for me gives me a closer connection with the team and access to stuff.

mroby85
06-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Well, seeing as it was my bar room and pool rooms that I had to box up and move, it only fair that it takes up my man cave (seeing as how my wife is great enough to give me the dining and living room for a bar and pool room and then upstirs room for my cave until I build my addition). Floors are done though, and hope to start moving things back down soon. I bought a pro mat cutter and want to learn to build my own frames so I can start framing my own pieces.
Haha, nope, no Steelers corner. My Heels and Reds are my primary teams and passion, the Steelers are my 2'nd place, but pretty distant in the big picture. Actually, the only memorabilia I can think of I have anymore Steelers is a Willie Parker signed helmet and his locker room tshirt from the SB (a buddy worked with his brotherndgot it for me). Your right, UNC and OSU have given us more to enjoy, as well as location for me gives me a closer connection with the team and access to stuff.

Thats some pretty awesome Willie Parker stuff to have, thats very cool! That is pretty nice that you get the dining/living room, can't complain about that, lol. Here are some of the wider perspective pics, and some of the Ohio State stuff as well.

bounty37h
06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Thats some pretty awesome Willie Parker stuff to have, thats very cool! That is pretty nice that you get the dining/living room, can't complain about that, lol. Here are some of the wider perspective pics, and some of the Ohio State stuff as well.

Man, you have some nice stuff, great OSU collection and good job displaying so many pics/framed pieces. I wish I had more wall space-couoldneverf have everyhtign up I want displayed without having a complete warehouse-lol. I am working on a BRM jersey collection-signed jersey of each starter, and woudl love to have them all displayed by position on a wall-will never hapen though. I have @ 10 SI issues with UNC on cover autographed that I am getting ready to frame and put up-did you get your mags framed or fit them in standard frames?

Kingspoint
06-13-2011, 05:25 PM

That room just says all over it, "Have a couple of beers and some chili, and let's watch a REDS' game!"

5TimeWSChamps
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM

I'm literally speechless by the awesomeness of this room.

Wow

mroby85
06-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Man, you have some nice stuff, great OSU collection and good job displaying so many pics/framed pieces. I wish I had more wall space-couoldneverf have everyhtign up I want displayed without having a complete warehouse-lol. I am working on a BRM jersey collection-signed jersey of each starter, and woudl love to have them all displayed by position on a wall-will never hapen though. I have @ 10 SI issues with UNC on cover autographed that I am getting ready to frame and put up-did you get your mags framed or fit them in standard frames?

Haha, I completely understand how you feel. I have a ton of Bengals stuff, and other Ohio State/Reds stuff put away, but it would just look too crowded to have it all out. That would be awesome to get all the BRM jerseys, and an awesome idea to do them by position! I just bought an autographed bat and case signed by Votto and he put 2010 NL MVP on it, so i'm pretty excited to get that. I'm sure that will look awesome when you get all your SI covers up, The ones that I have aren't actually the SI issue, like the Troy is a 16x20 of the SI cover signed, as well as the Votto. I just buy a frame, and then use matting on the inside of the frame. So I framed them myself, but they came in more standard sizes like 16x20, 11x17, or 8x10.

Kingspoint
06-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Haha, I completely understand how you feel. I have a ton of Bengals stuff, and other Ohio State/Reds stuff put away, but it would just look too crowded to have it all out. That would be awesome to get all the BRM jerseys, and an awesome idea to do them by position! I just bought an autographed bat and case signed by Votto and he put 2010 NL MVP on it, so i'm pretty excited to get that. I'm sure that will look awesome when you get all your SI covers up, The ones that I have aren't actually the SI issue, like the Troy is a 16x20 of the SI cover signed, as well as the Votto. I just buy a frame, and then use matting on the inside of the frame. So I framed them myself, but they came in more standard sizes like 16x20, 11x17, or 8x10.

Man, I feel bad. I just threw out a lot of old stuff last week, including the 1990 SI issue with Sabo on the cover and the Sweep. (and the Sporting News cover). I should have asked on here who would want it.

bounty37h
06-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Man, I feel bad. I just threw out a lot of old stuff last week, including the 1990 SI issue with Sabo on the cover and the Sweep. (and the Sporting News cover). I should have asked on here who would want it.

Ah man, I remember that issue, used to have it a long time ago. As much as I like my collection, it used to be better before I left for college and my parents moved-lost my collection somewhere along the way-had a lot of deceased HOF'ers.

bounty37h
06-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Nice score on the Votto bat, I wish I had him sign a bat or jersey for me when he was with L-ville-I got him to sign a team bat and a single ball though. I have most of the UNC SI's signed-still need the Jordan 82 issue (not likely for me unfortunately). There is still one Dean Smith one I need to get signed-saw him out and about town last week but he has been having a lot of health issues and didnt want to disturb him and ask him to sign it-was a tough call personally but the right choice.

mroby85
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice score on the Votto bat, I wish I had him sign a bat or jersey for me when he was with L-ville-I got him to sign a team bat and a single ball though. I have most of the UNC SI's signed-still need the Jordan 82 issue (not likely for me unfortunately). There is still one Dean Smith one I need to get signed-saw him out and about town last week but he has been having a lot of health issues and didnt want to disturb him and ask him to sign it-was a tough call personally but the right choice.

Thats cool that you got Votto while he was in Louisville.
That would be awesome to get all the SI's signed. Sports Illustrated covers just look really cool when theyre autographed, imo. Doesn't Jordan do signings at places with being retired and everything? He may be at a place where you could just send the item with $ and have them send it back. I know cardboard heroes does that with Ohio State players and you don't have to actually go and wait in line at the signings.

bounty37h
06-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Thats cool that you got Votto while he was in Louisville.
That would be awesome to get all the SI's signed. Sports Illustrated covers just look really cool when theyre autographed, imo. Doesn't Jordan do signings at places with being retired and everything? He may be at a place where you could just send the item with $ and have them send it back. I know cardboard heroes does that with Ohio State players and you don't have to actually go and wait in line at the signings.

I was in the Durham Bulls stadium in the front office, the visiting locker room empties into there and he and Brice walked out together. I had a Reds jersey on and the others in there were Bulls fans/employees, so I was able to talk and get autos from them both-they seemed surprised to see a Reds fan in there. Both were pretty cool, esp after many were saying they werent good with fans that series.
I wish. Jordan doesnt do shows; he did do a private signing last month but autographs *started* at $1,200, and the ad said he wouldnt sign any SI issues, baseballs, White Sox, or Wizards items. Someone had one for sale a few months back signed by Jordan adn Perkins (the 2 on the cover) when they were in school here, but they wanted $1,800 for it. Guessing that one will escape my auto collection, but wil stil put unsigned issue up with the rest.

CrosleyField
06-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Im truly jealous of these rooms.