PDA

View Full Version : Have you been do Dodgers Stadium

thorn
06-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Was planning on going next Wednesday to the Reds game in LA, just curious if anyone has any seating recommendations? The only real desire I have is some shade, but with it being a noon game, not sure it would stay that way. I though about the all you can eat section in right field, anyone ever sit there?

mlh1981
06-09-2011, 09:02 AM
I went 11 years ago.

Once you are in your section, you cannot leave. A really poor park for wandering around (if that is the kind of thing you like to do. When I go to a new park, I like to.)

The parking situation is a disaster. Give yourself plenty of time.

In my opinion, it's one of the top parks in MLB. Enjoy!

KYRedLeg
06-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I went last August, and really enjoyed it. We sat on he first base side, about 10 rows down from the main concourse, which put us in the shade. We got there right as the gates opened, and parked on the upper area. No problems getting in or out. Nobody said anything about us getting up to get a Dodger Dog or go to the bathroom, but we never tried to go to another section.

It was about 95 degrees that day, and the "natives" were about to melt. The people sitting next to us apologized for it being so hot. 95 degrees, zero humidity. We loved it.

50YrRedsFan
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
I live in SoCal and have been many times. The shade will start to cover the third base side
as the afternoon progresses. But at this time of year, the sun is just about at its highest point, so shade will be minimal if any unless you get seats under one of the overhangs from an above deck. Weather for June 15 anticipated to be in the mid 70's. Not bad. I've been there when it was in the high 90's, in full sun, and got cooked....but it was OK because the Reds won. I'm going on the Tuesday the 14th. Kuo bobblehead night. Anyone want to trade me a Votto for a Kuo? Oh, by the way, the 15th is half price food and drink day. Have fun

RedLakerFan24
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Never sit on the Left Field part, thats where all the Cholos are, LOL, If you do sit in that section, and have Reds gear on expect to hear alot of boos, trash talk, and sometimes have some food thrown at you, i wore my Reds gear once there, and people just trash talk, but nothing bad.

50YrRedsFan
06-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Another note, mlh1981 is correct. Once you are in your section you cannot go to any other level. You can move around your own level only. The all you can eat seats will be in direct sun in the right field bleachers...no shade at all. Dodgers aren't doing well attendance wise (they sell a lot, but a lot of people are no shows. Ticket brokers buy up a lot and hope to make $$$, but with the Dodgers problems on and off the field, there have been a lot of empty seats. I just got mine yesterday for the 14th. Field box MVP seats just to the Reds side of the field in section 4, almost directly behind home plate. Great seats 2 seats for $106 delivered. Face value $250. Good deals are available. Probably be about 30,000 there on the 14th.

Vottomatic
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I haven't been do Dodger Stadium.

thorn
06-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I haven't been do Dodger Stadium.

It should have been "To" instead of "Do" but I though most semi-intelligent posters would have figured that out, as you obviously have.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I will be getting mine on the 3rd base side or first base side. I spoke to some friends that go frequently and they said the cholos are taken care of this year, a lot of security and police in place. I have been here in SO CAL for 10 years, been to all the other parks, just not LA. It's good to hear the half price food/beer on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll catch a Reds win.

AintlifeGrande
06-10-2011, 12:12 AM
I loved it,Went in 2006.I was decked out in my Red Griffey jersey,had a great seat down the first baseline.It was packed on a Friday night,and I went to get a couple beers,as there are no beer vendors there.Well lo and behold I forgot my seat,as the beer line was long,and I had just gotten there by the 3rd inning.Understand I was on vacation so I had been drinking beer all day,well as I was searching for my seat,I hear a couple guys yelling Griffey,and it was some Mexican guys and their son sitting there with seats open.
I handed one a beer and he tells the other ''he's cool''!
So we ended up talking baseball and having a fun time.I remember yelling at Dunn, as he played bad.Well me and some Reds fans waited outside behind the fence where the team bus when they came out.Did not get any autographs,well lo and behold I look out about a 100 yards away I spot Junior and Dunn entering a limousine,and I shouted ''Hey Griffey and Dunn,how bout some hits in San Diego''!
Good times in L.A.

Reds
06-10-2011, 01:16 AM
I've never been :(

Get a Dodger Dog for me :thumbup:

then mail it to me

texasdave
06-10-2011, 01:19 AM
YouTube - ‪how to construct a Dodger Dog‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFK2G8EdrYw)

Reds
06-10-2011, 01:28 AM
YouTube - ‪A FAT KID EATS A DODGER DOG IN ONE BIT‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeAtsgj-3mU&feature=player_embedded)

this one is mean

JayStubbs
06-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Stay away from the all you can eat pavilion. It's like a war zone, and the food is stale.

I like to sit in the top deck. $9 a ticket, and even on game day I can get ones behind home plate. It's a bit up there, but you can see the game perfectly.

If you want to be closer to the action there should be plenty of deals on stubhub and other sites like that. If you sit around half way up most sections, you will be in the shade.

MrRed2127
06-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Went I think was 2006. Like others have said, can't walk around. The stadium is built into the side of a hill. So there really is no continuous concourse to walk around.

The game I went to, Reds got 1 hit by Derek Lowe and co. (I think he left midway through with a blister). Rich Aurillia had the 1 hit, and I think he also booted a ball on defense that helped them score some(most/all?) of their runs.