PDA

View Full Version : No matter what happens tonight...

BigPoppa
06-12-2011, 10:39 PM
....this should have been a 4 game sweep.

Way, way too many missed opportunities and runners LOB.

LexRedsFan
06-12-2011, 10:50 PM

I agree. Frustrating. I said after Saturday that we were "just a .500 team"...I see nothing to convince me otherwise right now. We're so close though.

ruREaDy2
06-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Can't agree more. This Giants offense we just faced is anemic to say the least. :explode:

Spaxspore
06-13-2011, 12:32 AM
walks walks walks... and missed opportunities in tonight's game in particular (base running blunder by volquez not once but twice in a inning)

Maker_84
06-13-2011, 01:36 AM

Remember at this moment at best this team is average. You can't expect an average team to get crucial hits when needed most. Not until Jocketty actually DOES SOMETHING

Kingspoint
06-13-2011, 03:32 AM

Agree. That was as disappointing a feeling of a 2-2 split as one get get.

Kingspoint
06-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Both Drew Stubbs and Joey Votto used the "F" word in frustration after back-to-back dumb base-running miscues by Volquez. He looked like some 8-year old during his first year in Little League out there. No excuse for either of those plays. Volquez lost that game sure as anybody did.

izzy's dad
06-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Both Drew Stubbs and Joey Votto used the "F" word in frustration after back-to-back dumb base-running miscues by Volquez. He looked like some 8-year old during his first year in Little League out there. No excuse for either of those plays. Volquez lost that game sure as anybody did.

I threw a couple more "colorful" words in there. Baserunning mistakes, walks, not getting a bunt down, and not scoring a run with a runner on third with less than two outs have that effect on my vocabulary.

bounty37h
06-13-2011, 09:42 AM

Dude really needs to get his head together or get out of baseball. Too many mental lapses at this point to be a pro player.

Old NDN
06-13-2011, 10:04 AM

Prime example for use of the DH.....and I'm not really a fan of the DH. I've come to the conclusion that all the teaching/coaching in the world won't help Volquez. He's either too dumb to understand or he's uncoachable.

bounty37h
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Prime example for use of the DH.....and I'm not really a fan of the DH. I've come to the conclusion that all the teaching/coaching in the world won't help Volquez. He's either too dumb to understand or he's uncoachable.

Yea, but who pitches him through his dumb mental farts throughout the game? DP?

brm7675
06-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Some here slap around the Giants offense as being weak...yet they are in first place. Their offense last year wasn't super but it did what it had to do to get wins.

Spaxspore
06-13-2011, 12:35 PM
they are sub par.. but they seem to come in the clutch when they really really need a run or two.

krm1580
06-13-2011, 02:37 PM
The season ebbs and flows, teams get hot then go through cold streaks. At one point this season the Brewers were 14-20, in 4th and 6.5 games back. One month later they are in 1st so anything is possible. That being said this season just has this feel like its not going to be the Reds year.

I agree, this really should have been a sweep. Bases loaded nobody out you need to score some runs.

Kingspoint
06-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Removing the dreadlocks didn't make him any smarter.

50YrRedsFan
06-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Indeed the season ebbs and flows. But I have seen no improvement by this team, whereas, like you said, the Brewers have made up ground and taken over first place. Except for some better starts by Leake & Volquez, I don't see where we have done anything else to put us over the hump....And I still think that our pitchers better starts
MAY be due to weak offensive teams. Our hitting is inconsistent. We score a bunch in one game, then can't score more than 2 or 3 for the next several games. The true test is coming in the next 2-3 weeks, facing LAD, NYY, TOR, CVE, TB, STL, and MIL. In my opinion, we'll have to play improved baseball or our season will be over by the All Star break.

brm7675
06-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Indeed the season ebbs and flows. But I have seen no improvement by this team, whereas, like you said, the Brewers have made up ground and taken over first place. Except for some better starts by Leake & Volquez, I don't see where we have done anything else to put us over the hump....And I still think that our pitchers better starts
MAY be due to weak offensive teams. Our hitting is inconsistent. We score a bunch in one game, then can't score more than 2 or 3 for the next several games. The true test is coming in the next 2-3 weeks, facing LAD, NYY, TOR, CVE, TB, STL, and MIL. In my opinion, we'll have to play improved baseball or our season will be over by the All Star break.

As for the upcoming games, i do think TB will be tough, ST. louis always is and playing in LA and winning doesn't come easy. However...are the Yankees really that scary? I mean outside of CC who on that starting staff scares you? If we could someone avoid pitching Bronson against Toronto, I think we will be okay and Cleveland is self destructing in front of us and so far this year for whatever reason we own Milwaukee.

Krawhitham
06-13-2011, 08:38 PM

for both sides

Kingspoint
06-14-2011, 12:47 AM

While we have played weaker hitting teams, it all counts. You have to look at where our Starters are coming from. The 2nd worst starters in the National League up until the last 13 games, counting tonight. They were unhealthy as any staff in the League. They couldn't get deep into games putting undo stress on the bullpen.

Over the last 13 games the improvement is very noticeable. 13 games is too many games to say it has much to do with the competition. Wood had his best game of the season in his last start. Wood also had a 3.00 ERA in May until has last start in May. Arroyo pitched great tonight. Bailey and LeCure are on their rehab assignments. Cueto has been great.

Our Starters are going much, much deeper into games lately, and that's going to pay benefits with the bullpen...maybe not immediately, but long-term.

Janish has been hitting .286 in June, Hanigan .292 in June, Stubbs .286 in June, Gomes .333 in June, Ramon Hernandez .375 in June, Votto .348 in June, and Heisey .333 in June. So, there's some people hitting.

Kingspoint
06-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Bill Bray sure has been used a lot lately. Warming up and going out there takes it's toll, and with tonight's appearance, that's his 6th appearance in the last 10 days.

LexRedsFan
06-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Bill Bray sure has been used a lot lately. Warming up and going out there takes it's toll, and with tonight's appearance, that's his 6th appearance in the last 10 days.

Yes he has. Part of the reason we need Chapman to get his s*** together..