PDA

View Full Version : Has parity ruined the trade market?

brm7675
06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
With so many teams actually still in the hunt so far this season could we see one of the worse trading deadlines in recent memory. As of right now I just don't see any major players being available to get in trade, especially pitchers. I don't see the Dodgers or Mets doing a fire sale as both will muster through this season and do something in the offseason. So...will there be anyone out there for the Reds to get?

Redleg
06-17-2011, 01:16 PM
i think the only moves they should make would be bring up cozart or trade hernandez for mes to come up. Trading a catcher in a playoff race could be a bad idea. Bringin up Cozart could really help the lineup. You could hit him leadoff (even though Stubbs leads the league in runs scored) and it would allow Stubbs to hit second. Then you move Phillips to the 4 hole because it would give you a righty with some pop in the middle of Bruce and Votto. I realize Phillips power numbers have gone down a little this season but i really think this lineup would be great.

1 Cozart
2 Stubbs
3 Votto
4 Phillips
5 Bruce
6 Rolen
7 Left Field
8 catcher
9 pitcher

lidspinner
06-17-2011, 04:25 PM
are you against bringing up Sappelt as well? I would love to see Dave and Cozart make the team this year....their speed alone would really help us and Sappelt is not going to kill you in LF or as a sub for stubbs....

Vottomatic
06-18-2011, 11:09 AM
LF Sappelt (.300 plus hitter who gets on base)
2B Phillips (his best spot to hit)
1B Votto (should have people to knock in)
CF Stubbs (power and speed.....keeps lefty, righty, lefty, righty thingie going)
RF Bruce
3B Rolen
SS Cozart
C Hernanigan

If we could acquire Matt Kemp, I'd be happier.

CF Stubbs
2B Phillips
1B Votto
LF Kemp
RF Bruce
3B Rolen
SS Cozart
C Hernanigan

BluegrassRedleg
06-19-2011, 09:54 PM
With so many teams actually still in the hunt so far this season could we see one of the worse trading deadlines in recent memory. As of right now I just don't see any major players being available to get in trade, especially pitchers. I don't see the Dodgers or Mets doing a fire sale as both will muster through this season and do something in the offseason. So...will there be anyone out there for the Reds to get?

Good question, but there are still teams that, despite technically being in contention, need to do things in order to get their rosters better positioned for 2012. I think the Reds may be able to find one of those as a nice trade partner. I'd still offer the Dodgers a huge package for Kemp & Billingsley and see what they say.

Crumbley
06-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Developing your own talent has never been more important than it is today, can't rely on scrub teams to be your farm system anymore.

Natty Redlocks
06-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Despite what fans think, the Reds seem to believe they've put together a pretty good team. I am not sensing any desperation to gut the farm system and throw money at a rental in order to win a crappy division that they have a pretty good chance to win already. I can't say I disagree, although getting past the first round of the playoffs might be a different story.