PDA

View Full Version : I've seen enough to know it's time to trim the roster

Vottomatic
06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Change is needed.

malcontent
06-21-2011, 12:41 AM
I'd bring up Willis to start and Cozart to be the starting SS.

Wood and Janish to AAA.

I'd rather have Renteria as the backup SS. He at least had a stroke to lose.

jwmann2
06-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Well I guess if most of you were lineup experts, you would be managing the Reds instead of the Blue Ash Orioles. Dusty knows what he is doing, we hung in there with a top 3 team in baseball, and can still take this series from them.

malcontent
06-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Well I guess if most of you were lineup experts, you would be managing the Reds instead of the Blue Ash Orioles. Dusty knows what he is doing, we hung in there with a top 3 team in baseball, and can still take this series from them.
Just going by draft status, Cozart (a 2nd round pick), should be playing over Janish (a 5th round pick).

Cozart was supposed to be close to ready defensively when he was drafted.

And now he's hitting far better, and with more power, than Janish ever has at any level.

Baker's cluelessness comes as no surprise, but what Jocketty is thinking when he states that "we're happy with what we have here" is simply beyond me.

vottofan4life
06-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Renteria is cancer to the team just like corey patterson and willy taveras were. he needs to be released. He'll only start playing good if he makes the world series so there is no point of having him if he can't do anything during the regular season

Krawhitham
06-21-2011, 02:23 AM

Wood and Janish to AAA.

Janish can not be sent to AAA (no options)

Wood has the most Quality Starts on the team with 10

Willis is not on the 40 man roster and in 5 days we will have 6 starters for 5 spots without Willis in the mix

bshall2105
06-21-2011, 03:06 AM

They hung in there against a tough team but got totally dominated by a rookie starting pitcher. If CC Sabathia would have been pitching tonight I would agree, but Ivan Nova should not make the Reds look like a AAA team.

texasdave
06-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Willis is not on the 40 man roster and in 5 days we will have 6 starters for 5 spots without Willis in the mix

Interestingly enough, in what would appear to be a direct contradiction to all the talk recently, the Reds' starters have the 3rd most quality starts in the National League. Only Philadelphia (48) and San Francisco (45) have more than Cincinnati's 44 QS. I would never have guessed that.

CrosleyField
06-21-2011, 07:17 AM
DFA Renteria.

malcontent
06-21-2011, 09:01 AM

DFA Janish. Perhaps he carves out a career similar to Manos de Oro. I highly doubt it.

Wood's other (read: real) stats are nothing to write home about.

I'd take Willis over either Wood or Volquez right now.

brm7675
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM

Wood and Janish to AAA.

Willis? OMG, why not just have Janish stand on teh pitching mound and throw underhand to the opposing batters. Willis should NEVER see Cincy. As for janish why would you keep Edgar over him?

brm7675
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM

Dusty knows what he is doing? Really, please explain to me how this can be true when he does things pinch hit's Edgar in the 9th last night for Hanigan when he also has a full bench of better choices.....

brm7675
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
DFA Janish. Perhaps he carves out a career similar to Manos de Oro. I highly doubt it.

Wood's other (read: real) stats are nothing to write home about.

I'd take Willis over either Wood or Volquez right now.

You would take a guy who hasn't been able to get major league hitters out for over 5 years over 2 that at least have? okay....

Kiss the Baby00
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Dusty knows what he is doing? Really, please explain to me how this can be true when he does things pinch hit's Edgar in the 9th last night for Hanigan when he also has a full bench of better choices.....

you forgot letting Hanigan bat Friday night in the btm of the 9th with the tying run on first when Hernandez was available

Old NDN
06-21-2011, 12:46 PM

For someone who manages alot on "gut feelings", Dusty's gut has let him down the last few games. It's getting more and more frustrating as a fan, trying to rationize some of the decisions he makes.

malcontent
06-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Willis? OMG, why not just have Janish stand on teh pitching mound and throw underhand to the opposing batters. Willis should NEVER see Cincy. As for janish why would you keep Edgar over him?
Veteran churlishness. :p

No, seriously. Dontrelle would give this team a lift. I just know it.

Vottomatic
06-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Renteria is cancer to the team just like corey patterson and willy taveras were. he needs to be released. He'll only start playing good if he makes the world series so there is no point of having him if he can't do anything during the regular season

Dusty likes Renteria for his veteran smoothness. For his veteran velvetiness. ;)

malcontent
06-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Janish can not be sent to AAA (no options).
Not according to John Fay.

Lockdwn11
06-21-2011, 04:49 PM

How does Janish NOT have options? Just checked he does have options left.

brm7675
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
How does Janish NOT have options? Just checked he does have options left.

Why would you send Janish down? What would that accomplish? The Reds need to manup and just DFA Edgar....

Lockdwn11
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Why would you send Janish down? What would that accomplish? The Reds need to manup and just DFA Edgar....

I didn't say I would I just pointed out that the poster made and error and that Janish did in fact have options.