PDA

View Full Version : Missing middle of the lineup thump

izzy's dad
06-21-2011, 05:32 PM
I love the idea of Luke Scott, Josh Willingham, or Ryan Ludwick playing left for this team. These would be cheap rentals at worst. Either option would provide some much needed thunder to the middle of this lineup. And in the case of Scott would open up some marketing opportunities. Such as a president Obama birth certificate giveaway day. The first 10,000 fans in attendance receive a President Obama birth certificate replica, a Luke Scott bobblehead could be given away on the same day. Joking of course, but I like the irony of it all.

texasdave
06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
And everyone that shows up with a loaded weapon gets in free.

vottofan4life
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
if they had the balls theyd acquire carlos beltran or hanley ramirez

brm7675
06-21-2011, 06:54 PM
if they had the balls theyd acquire carlos beltran or hanley ramirez

Why would you want Beltran and no chance florida trades Hanley.

vottofan4life
06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Why would you want Beltran and no chance florida trades Hanley.

Switch hitting/clean-up/new left fielder. Mets pay most of his contract. Why not? Unless David Wright becomes available. Also on a side note/ i'd check into the availability of james shields(ACE)

texasdave
06-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Gary Matthews, Jr. - Russ Springer - Jason Isringhausen - Jim Edmonds - Willie Bloomquist.

That says it all.

brm7675
06-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Switch hitting/clean-up/new left fielder. Mets pay most of his contract. Why not? Unless David Wright becomes available. Also on a side note/ i'd check into the availability of james shields(ACE)

Why would the Mets pay for most of his contract? Also given his injury history do you really see him playing full time?

Don't see the Rays giving up Shields...

will5979
06-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Heaven forbid someone suggests that the Reds improve their lineup...yeah our offense is really tearing it up right now isn't it?