PDA

View Full Version : I blame the Brewers and Cards

brm7675
06-23-2011, 11:09 AM
After watching what has happen over the past few games I have come to the conclusion that the reason the Reds have not made any changes or addressed key issues is due to the Brewers and Cards. Since neither of them can do anything to put any space between them and us in the standings, both Walt and Dusty can take the view that all we have to do is get our own players playing better and we are back in this....

Girevik
06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Prices tend to come down around the deadline, so as long as the Reds can hang around striking distance until then and THEN pull the trigger, I think they may be better off in the long run.

mroby85
06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I blame the front office because they should be trying to put the best team on the field they possibly can. They should be thinking about how they can compete against teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies. The ultimate prize isn't winning the NL Central.

BluegrassRedleg
06-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I think that's exactly what is going on. Instead of viewing it as an opportunity to open up space (in a big way, IMO) the Reds are going to try to hang around as long as possible and hope they can get hot late this summer.

I'd much rather see them be proactive.

wlf WV
06-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't disagree.