PDA

View Full Version : You can trade for 1 player...who are you gonna call?

brm7675
06-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Bob tells you there is money to go after any available player via trade, but only 1....who would you set your sights on and what players would you be willing to give up to get this player.

OGB
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
If we're talking about someone who could be theoretically on the market, then Josh Johnson.

I'd give up Leake, Grandal, Alonso, and Francisco...although I'd certainly try and get him for less.

NorrisHopper30
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
GHOSTBUSTERS!

But, seriously - as of this point i'd call the Padres to acquire Ryan Ludwick. We'll overpay for a SS and adding Ludwick will allow us to keep a bad offensive SS in our lineup.

Nathan
06-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Tim Lincecum. Any 3 prospects they want outside of Mes and Cozart plus 1 major league pitcher and 1 of either Hernandez or Hanigan.

mroby85
06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Hanley Ramirez. Fixes the SS/RH power bat problem, splits votto/bruce (assuming he gets back to form). You could then play Heisey/Gomes/Lewis in left, and still have a decent offense.

smixsell
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Two words........Troy Tulowitzki. :)

(fantasy of course, we would have to give up too much in the deal to actually GET him)

R_Webb18
06-23-2011, 06:27 PM
GHOSTBUSTERS!

But, seriously - as of this point i'd call the Padres to acquire Ryan Ludwick. We'll overpay for a SS and adding Ludwick will allow us to keep a bad offensive SS in our lineup.

i dont understand the love for this guy

smixsell
06-23-2011, 06:28 PM
i dont understand the love for this guy

I think he was being sarcactic. (At least I hope so).

BluegrassRedleg
06-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Two words........Troy Tulowitzki. :)

(fantasy of course, we would have to give up too much in the deal to actually GET him)

/drool

Although I think I'd have to get Halladay. Can't beat anyone in a short series without an alpha dog like him.

brm7675
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
If we're talking about someone who could be theoretically on the market, then Josh Johnson.

I'd give up Leake, Grandal, Alonso, and Francisco...although I'd certainly try and get him for less.

Why would you trade for damaged goods?

brm7675
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Hanley Ramirez. Fixes the SS/RH power bat problem, splits votto/bruce (assuming he gets back to form). You could then play Heisey/Gomes/Lewis in left, and still have a decent offense.

I wouldn't touch Ramirez with a ten foot poll. He has issues and is basically not committed to winning. There are reports he is out of shape, doesn't do much in the offseason and his numbers are declining.

brm7675
06-23-2011, 07:04 PM
People...I said that was available, not whom a dream trade would be but a player who we could actually get.

Redleg
06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I would give cozart a shot and if he doesn't produce after a couple weeks I'd go after jj hardy. He would be a rental but this season is huge for the reds and driving the attendance up.

AintlifeGrande
06-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Josh Hamilton.

Kiss the Baby00
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't touch Ramirez with a ten foot poll. He has issues and is basically not committed to winning. There are reports he is out of shape, doesn't do much in the offseason and his numbers are declining.

brm folks. HanRam isn't good enough.

Razzle
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Evan Longoria. His contract offers the most surplus value that would allow other acquisitions. If I'm forced to not care at all about contract at all Tulo would be my guy.

If I'm stuck on guys who are rumored to be available I'd probably take Reyes.

Kiss the Baby00
06-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Evan Longoria. His contract offers the most surplus value that would allow other acquisitions. If I'm forced to not care at all about contract at all Tulo would be my guy.

If I'm stuck on guys who are rumored to be available I'd probably take Reyes.

reyes isnt available. he wants to be a met for his whole career.

HanRam needs some vet leadership that Rolen could provide. florida is a joke situation, its all kids w no leadership. Id rather have Tulo but he isnt close to available.

bshall2105
06-23-2011, 09:13 PM
JJ Hardy.

He's a realistic target because Baltimore still has a long way to go in the AL East and Hardy probably won't be around when they're able to contend anyway. I think he could hit second and let Phillips drop down to fifth and drop Rolen down to seventh in the order.

wire2wire90
06-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Mike Adams or Heath Bell from the Pads would be my targets.

I think (hope) that Cozart can help the SS situation...and I hope we get the answer to that question soon.

A LF would be nice, but Ludwig will be pricey.

kwatson0013
06-24-2011, 01:24 AM
I would go after Jose Reyes. He would be great in the 2 spot and we can move Phillips back to 4 and Bruce to 5. This would push Heisy and Rolen back to 6 and 7 giving the bottom half some hitting power. Considering Reyes is making $11 million and at the end of his contract, you could possibly get him with a couple AA players and maybe a late draft pick

Ohioballplayer
06-24-2011, 08:56 AM

Ha not till he can prove that shoulder isn't an issue!

DGullett35
06-26-2011, 07:33 PM
How about Roy Halladay. the guy goes practically 9 innings every start and gets no run support..hed be a 25 game winner in Cincy

Vottomatic
06-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Who am I gonna call?

Ghostbusters

This Reds team is haunted.

NatiWolfpack24
06-26-2011, 11:25 PM
You would have to sell the farm but Han Ram is more of a possibility than people think. Marlins don't hold on to players like him.

Hireki Kuroda would be a nice veteran arm to add to the rotation. We need it IMO. Arroyo is trashy this year. Hell even Furcal.

Kiss the Baby00
06-27-2011, 11:05 AM
You would have to sell the farm but Han Ram is more of a possibility than people think. Marlins don't hold on to players like him.

Hireki Kuroda would be a nice veteran arm to add to the rotation. We need it IMO. Arroyo is trashy this year. Hell even Furcal.

Cozart, Wood/Leake, Frazier, Sappelt, JFran for HanRam. DO IT!

bleedsred
06-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Speaking of Baltimore....wonder what it would take to land one of either Markasis/ Adam Jones and JJ Hardy??

texasdave
06-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Edwin Encarnacion. I still think it's a riot how poorly he could make that throw to first. To me that is entertainment. The looks those throws would draw from everyone else in the stadium was priceless. I still think he has a second deck throw in him just waiting to bust out.

Redsnake
06-27-2011, 11:48 AM
David Wright
He was projected as a SS, but with Reyes blocking him he switched to 3rd.

He provides what the Reds need in the lineup and could play SS....wait...however he would more than likely replace Rolen.

ntorvik
06-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Pujols to play third, why not?