PDA

View Full Version : Chapman's here

wlf WV
06-24-2011, 11:08 AM
According to Fay's Twitter.Takes Horst's spot.

R_Webb18
06-24-2011, 11:26 AM
hopefully hes ready

bubbachunk
06-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I would still prefer him getting streched out. Having an 8th inning reliver with shaky control is not going to make or break this team. A potential TOR arm to add to the rotation though is a different story...

R_Webb18
06-24-2011, 11:47 AM
agree

Hillsdale87
06-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I would still prefer him getting streched out. Having an 8th inning reliver with shaky control is not going to make or break this team. A potential TOR arm to add to the rotation though is a different story...

Agreed. I'm pretty comfortable with the bullpen overall with Ondrusek, Masset, and Bray leading up to Cordero. I like Lecure too and think Arredondo will continue to improve as he continues to pitch more. Another good bullpen arm, where there is already have a surplus, won't do the Reds nearly as good as a quality starting pitcher

bounty37h
06-24-2011, 12:32 PM
I dont argue moves much on here, but think this is a dumb call and made for money and ticket sales, doesn't help the team if he isnt any better than when he was here before.

Grouse
06-24-2011, 02:18 PM
If I were an opposing team I wouldn't even let my players carry a bat to the plate, untill he strikes someone out. It should be interesting at the very least. I hope he worked it out.

PS Is it legal to take an at bat, without a bat?

brm7675
06-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Given the Reds inability to know what to do with this kid, I really think we need to look to trade him in a package deal to get some return on talent they do know how to use.

wlf WV
06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
His value is too low.If he can throw strikes,I'm for using him to help us win.I think they're wanting to maximize their investment.If he can throw strikes,then you've got value,whatever their plans.

bounty37h
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Given the Reds inability to know what to do with this kid, I really think we need to look to trade him in a package deal to get some return on talent they do know how to use.

I think the way he has looked this year that he has no value right now to make a trade. Would you trade for an over priced pitcher who doesn't know where the strike zone is? If we did make a trade we would have to eat so much of his crazy contract we would still be better off letting him vend peanuts before trading.

Old NDN
06-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Sounds to me, from Fay's post, that nothing much has changed: his attitude, mechanics, or his enthusiasm. Let's hope the results will be different.

brm7675
06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I think the way he has looked this year that he has no value right now to make a trade. Would you trade for an over priced pitcher who doesn't know where the strike zone is? If we did make a trade we would have to eat so much of his crazy contract we would still be better off letting him vend peanuts before trading.

Trust me a lefty who can throw 100+ has extreme value in major league baseball...

Spaxspore
06-24-2011, 08:43 PM
hopefully he wont be a EV out of the pen... fingers crossed

HalKing
06-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Good lord I hope this works out. Last time that I saw him pitch for the Bats he absolutely self imploded. He has since pitched several times for Carolina and then came back and made one final appearance in Louisville. I didn't attend that game but he pitched well. Can't shake that image of him blowing up against the Cardinals and that lackluster effort I witnessed in Louisville. He had the look of the next Rick Ankiel(minus the comeback as an outfielder)