PDA

View Full Version : Votto question....

BigPoppa
06-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Just watched Pic interview Votto.....detected (as I do a lot) Votto kinda being an a$$h0le. Granted, Pic sometimes asks not great questions, but has anyone else noticed this?

I've seen it be kinda cranky with Jim Day, too.

Does Joey do it on purpose or he is just sort of awkward in interview situations?

bigredmechanism
06-25-2011, 10:18 PM
He seems kind of reserved to me, and I could see it being taken as dry or sarcastic. Idk what he's really like but he can play for my team anytime lol.

Who Dey Time
06-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Honestly, I think he hates the attention and just isn't comfortable. He'd rather go 4-4 with 4 HR and simply jump on the bus back to the hotel, IMO.

mroby85
06-25-2011, 10:19 PM
He seems kind of reserved to me, and I could see it being taken as dry or sarcastic. Idk what he's really like but he can play for my team anytime lol.

This

DocRed
06-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Who cares...as long as he produces

bshall2105
06-25-2011, 10:21 PM
He is just awkward in those situations. I have the same problem where I just don't know exactly what to say and sometimes come off as rude.

KYRedLeg
06-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I've noticed him being an ass to Pic before.....I thought it was just a part of the relationship they had. As bigredmechanism said, Votto is usually shy and reserved, so I figure he just has a very dry sense of humor. I like it!

I cracked up at his "I'm so glad I could impress you" tonight.

Vottomatic
06-26-2011, 09:20 AM
I always wondered what kind of relationship Joey had with his teammates. I loved seeing the shot of the dugout when everyone high-fived him and he went down and did a smiling man-hug with Brandon. I wondered if those two got along and it answered my question. BP didn't like Hamilton getting alot of attention when he was here, and I wondered if he was jealous of Joey getting alot of fan attention. Good to see those two like that.

As for the interview, I agree that Joey doesn't like the attention.

I'll take him on my team any day of the week.

davrix
06-26-2011, 09:32 AM
I think he has a dry sense of humor as well. I follow BP on twitter and he posted this on Friday night.

"Only if y'all could see and hear what I'm lookin at right now... Votto singing Bob Marley in the car on the way to the hotel... LMAO! Smh"

So it does look Joey gets on well with his teammates.