PDA

View Full Version : You can't be serious

brm7675
06-27-2011, 05:31 PM
The below statement pretty much sums up why this team will not be better then .500 when it is all said and done this year...

"You got to keep treading water until you start swimming,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “It’s not through lack of effort. We’re in every ballgame. We’re so close to taking off. You just feel it. We’re one hit away, one play away, one something away. If you keep putting pressure like we have been, something’s going to break.”

If he really thinks that is all there is then he reeally needs glasses, or a clue. I also can't believe our owner can hear that and really think this is the man who should be managing his investment.

Kiss the Baby00
06-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I bame Walt not Dusty. Dusty doesn't make roster moves. That is Walt's department. All he can do is manage what he has and be positive. The players we have who are performing were here when Walt arrived. I think he was given too much credit last year. He signed Chapman which was very nice but then decided to waste two years of his arm by making him a middle reliever. His 2nd best move was getting us 3/4ths of a good season out of Rolen.

BluegrassRedleg
06-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Well, I think the context behind that statement might be coming off stranding 14 runners on base. In that sense, he's right. They're close.

But when we've seen guys fail to execute over half the season, there's no reason to think it's just going to start happening from here on out.

I hate this "tread water" mentality, and it's something I picked up on a month or so ago. The Reds are going to do as little as possible to see if they can hang around in a bad division. A championship franchise would be proactive and try to separate itself from the pack IMO.

Fullboat
06-27-2011, 06:01 PM
"You got to keep treading water until you start swimming” Yeah But Dusty the Reds are in the
middle of the ocean if a ship with some descent ballplayers doesn't show up they are doomed.