PDA

View Full Version : DH for Janish?

brm7675
06-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I know it's unheard of but with how well Leake swings the bat, I would have considered DH'ing for Janish tonight and just told him to deal with it.

R_Webb18
06-27-2011, 07:58 PM
thats going a lil 2 far

BigPoppa
06-27-2011, 08:59 PM
actually...................................not the worst idea I've heard lately.

although PJ does have a hit and reached on a Longoria error

HalKing
06-28-2011, 05:19 AM
I know it's unheard of but with how well Leake swings the bat, I would have considered DH'ing for Janish tonight and just told him to deal with it.

Of course I realize this comment may have been meant as a joke, but assuming it wasn't.... you might want to brush up on the facts regarding the DH rule. The DH can only be for the pitcher, there isn't any option to DH for a person other than the pitcher.

davereds24
06-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Of course I realize this comment may have been meant as a joke, but assuming it wasn't.... you might want to brush up on the facts regarding the DH rule. The DH can only be for the pitcher, there isn't any option to DH for a person other than the pitcher.

you just made yourself look really bad

R_Webb18
06-28-2011, 10:49 AM

no

texasdave
06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
From MLB rules:

The Designated Hitter rule:
A hitter may be designated to bat for the starting pitcher and all subsequent pitchers in any game without otherwise affecting the status of the pitcher(s) in the game. A Designated Hitter for the pitcher must be selected prior to the game and must be included in the lineup cards presented to the Umpire-in-Chief.

brm7675
06-28-2011, 11:47 AM
From MLB rules:

It does state for a "pitcher" but it doesn't say only for the pitcher and doesn't say the DH can't be used in place of any other position player. Kinda grey to me...

Girevik
06-28-2011, 02:39 PM
It does state for a "pitcher" but it doesn't say only for the pitcher and doesn't say the DH can't be used in place of any other position player. Kinda grey to me...

By that logic, I should be able to use a DH for every position at the same time, because it says I can DH for the pitcher but it doesn't say I CAN'T DH for the pitcher, and the shortstop, and the catcher......

HalKing
06-28-2011, 05:29 PM
you just made yourself look really bad

I made myself look really bad?? How? Just pointing out that the DH rule is strictly for pitchers... How is that wrong??:confused: