PDA

View Full Version : Offically Done with Stubbs

mrherd05
07-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Ive seen enough. I like the guy, but im done. Sick and tired of the strikeouts.

make his ass bunt every flippin time until he figures it out....period.

Spaxspore
07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
why is he still starting as lead off...

WHy?!

WHY!!!

bounty37h
07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Good Lord, how many times are you officially going to be done already????

brm7675
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
why is he still starting as lead off...

WHy?!

WHY!!!

Simple...Dusty

BAKER12
07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
He is on pace to have 20 homers and 40 steals
The guy is a good, not great player
Not the ideal leadoff hitter, but the Reds do not have one on their roster
If you guys are done with him, he would be gladly taken off your hands by most teams

R_Webb18
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
stubbs would be great if he could just strike out less.

Stray
07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Far from done with him, he has too much talent and is way too young to talk like that. He hasn't really been leading off much lately though. That has been Heisey or Lewis, when Gomes plays (like last night) Stubbs will be at the top of the order.

I would say just throw Phillips there but his career numbers would tell you that isn't a good idea. Fact is we just don't have a leadoff hitter and it is hurting the team.

brm7675
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
The problem with Stubbs is contact. He needs to go down to AAA for I say the rest of this season and work with the hitting coach down there on shorting his swing to make more contact, yes you lose some power but so what. Also he needs to learn how to bunt.

DocRed
07-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm not done with him by any means...but I am open to consider platooning him with the other outfielders we have instead of playing him every day. I would also be open to listening to trade offers, although I think his stock is low right now so now might not be the most opportune time.

DGullett35
07-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm not done with Stubbs either but I do think he should never bat leadoff again for the rest of the year. We need a high OBP guy batting leadoff not a guy that is on pace to strike out 216 times. Stubbs would be ideal in the 7th or 8 hole at this point. I know he hasn't been leading off much of late but he was in that spot last night. Maybe Phillips could try leading off for a while. He has decent speed and is hitting the ball just about as good as anyone on the team right now. We need a tablesetter. Heisey was doing OK when leading off, maybe we go back to him in that spot

Hillsdale87
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Stubbs has less than 2 years of playing time in the majors. He is still playing great defense and stealing bases. However, like most young players he is streaky and is in a horrible slump right now. But to give up on him is stupid. Even if he just puts up the numbers that he did in his rookie year for the next 10 years, he will be a good player

wlf WV
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
He needs a break,I don't see how they can continue running him out. It's not fair to the kid.

bubbachunk
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Strikeouts are his flaw, so what? If he struck out less he would hit more hrs, higher avg, etc but that is not him. His hit tool is not an 80, simple as that.

The guy is miscast as a leadoff hitter, which he is not, but some people only see his speed and think he must be a leadoff hitter.

defender
07-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I think he is a valuable player. As it starts to look like this is as good as it gets offensively, his trade value will go down. I am not tirde of him and want him traded, but right now is probably the best time to do it.