PDA

View Full Version : ORG reporting some kind of move being made by Reds

Vottomatic
07-06-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90560&page=4

Stray
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
So Willis up Volquez down? That makes sense I guess.
I also get the feeling that something happens at SS soon. Or maybe that is just me hoping, I dunno.

R_Webb18
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
of course nothing is going to happen

R_Webb18
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
idk it sounds like if anything there gonna ride this out until after all star break

texasdave
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
If Willis is coming up to take Volquez's spot in the rotation he would be slated to pitch on Sunday the 10th. He last pitched on June 29th. Maybe he will toss a couple innings tonight for Louisville. That would be a long time to go between starts.

R_Webb18
07-06-2011, 06:57 PM
If Willis is coming up to take Volquez's spot in the rotation he would be slated to pitch on Sunday the 10th. He last pitched on June 29th. Maybe he will toss a couple innings tonight for Louisville. That would be a long time to go between starts.

johnfaymanJohn Fay
Let me listen to the tape and I'll have stuff up from Jocketty on the blog shortly. Does not sound like anything's going to happen. #reds

5 minutes ago

johnfaymanJohn Fay
Willis will pitch in relief tonight in Louisville. Jocketty says Volquez will start Sunday. #reds

texasdave
07-06-2011, 06:59 PM
I guess Edinson gets one more chance. I would hope if the Brewers rough him up that would be the last straw.

R_Webb18
07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I guess Edinson gets one more chance. I would hope if the Brewers rough him up that would be the last straw.

im sure he will do terrible.

brm7675
07-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Hello McFly...There are not going to be any changes, at some point I would think people would clue in on that. Walt and Dusty are both happy with how the team is playing, their position in the division an such. Those players in the minors are there to help those cities and teams be successful, not the Reds. As for trades...we don't need no stinking trades, we are okay.

SidneySlicker
07-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Does anyone really think any answers are down in Louisville? Zach Cozart may be the next coming, but bringing him up now rather than making a trade for a major league proven starter at SS proves nothing really. Prospects are great, but I dont' think it's fair to them or the major league team to throw them onto a team that is in the middle of divisional race all be it falling out.

malcontent
07-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Sounds like Baker's attitude is rubbing off on Jocketty.

From Mark Sheldon:

Asked if anyone at Triple-A could help make his club better, Jocketty declined to respond.

"I'm not going to answer a question like that, so stop asking," Jocketty said.

A question like that??? Why doesn't he just ask his own questions then?

If he did, he'd at least be doing somebody's job. Cause he hasn't been doing his own for some time now.

HalKing
07-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Sounds like Baker's attitude is rubbing off on Jocketty.

From Mark Sheldon:

Asked if anyone at Triple-A could help make his club better, Jocketty declined to respond.

"I'm not going to answer a question like that, so stop asking," Jocketty said.

A question like that??? Why doesn't he just ask his own questions then?

If he did, he'd at least be doing somebody's job. Cause he hasn't been doing his own for some time now.

OK.... I give up Walt.... what's the purpose of having a AAA team? Or a minor league system at all?

this is total bull****

Vottomatic
07-07-2011, 07:38 AM
I think this team needs to start thinking more long term and take the attitude that they just might not have it this season.

Brewers will lose Fielder and the Cardinals will lose Pujols this offseason. I think Carpenter's days are numbered too.

Reds should be seeing what other guys in triple A can help this team next year, and they might be surprised and they help this year. Clearly Renteria isn't the answer. Stubbs isn't the answer either.

They should consider a Rolen type trade that could help next season, even if this season is a loss.