PDA

View Full Version : I don't want Pittsburgh winning the Central

will5979
07-16-2011, 12:23 AM
I would rather see ANY team in this division INCLUDING the Cubs and Cards win this division rather than the Pirates. If I have to see another person wearing a Pirates hat I'm going to vomit, where were these the hats the last 18 seasons huh?

Sean_CaseyRules
07-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm not going to lie, if the Reds don't win, I'm rooting for the Pirates. It'd be good for baseball to have them more competitive. And everyone is wearing those hats now because of Wiz Kahlifa....rap music.

mlh1981
07-16-2011, 12:26 AM
While I like the Pirates story, many of those same people root for the Steelers, and those people don't deserve any happiness.

will5979
07-16-2011, 12:28 AM
rap music.

:barf: Something else that makes me vomit. :lol:

I love Hank Williams Jr. but I am not about to run around in a Steelers hat and jersey just because he does!

will5979
07-16-2011, 12:28 AM
While I like the Pirates story, many of those same people root for the Steelers, and those people don't deserve any happiness.

THANK YOU! Someone else understands where I'm coming from!

10xWSChamps
07-16-2011, 01:03 AM

I hate the Steelers too, even if I am a Rams fan and they don't even play in the same conference.

I love it that the media and the Rooney family try to project themselves (the family) and their team as people of high character and moral standing.

Yet their QB rapes people almost as much as he throws TD passes, their RB is a self-proclaimed terrorist sympathizer and 9/11 conspiracy theorist, their LBer corps past and present has a laundry list of crimes now their poster child, Hines Ward, got busted for DWI a few days ago.

People make fun of the Bengals, but man, they aren't even the worst team in their division.

The Roonies are a joke and it's an embarrassment that one of them is a US diplomat. It would be nice if they actually had a team that didn't have so many drunk drivers, wife beaters, assualters, terrorist-sympathizers and rapists. UNtil then they should get out of politics because it's kind of a hypocritical joke

Roush's socks
07-16-2011, 02:46 AM
The Pirates still have a lot of games left against the Cardinals, Reds, and Brewers, and in general their schedule is a little tougher in the 2nd half than the Reds.

lidspinner
07-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm rooting for the Reds then the Pirates. I hate the Steelers but at least the Pirates haven't won anything lately. I just like the fact that te Pirates have built that team in the same way that we built ours. From within. I respect that.

izzy's dad
07-16-2011, 08:12 AM

Yes, amen

drowg14
07-16-2011, 09:26 AM

Once again I also agree. I like the team but hate the city. If they were the Toledo Pirates I wouldn't mind seeing them win the division. Although I do like watching them at least compete for a change.

will5979
07-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Once again I also agree. I like the team but hate the city. If they were the Toledo Pirates I wouldn't mind seeing them win the division. Although I do like watching them at least compete for a change.

Competing is fine and dandy, winning the division is unacceptable. We need to sweep them next to make a statement and bring them back down to earth where they belong, and put us back on top where WE belong! Man I'm such a homer!

CrosleyField
07-16-2011, 09:56 AM
If the Reds don't win the division, I hope no one else does. All in. No teams I also like, in any division for that matter.

KOBasinger
07-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Would rather see them than the Cardinals. But then again, the Reds are going to win so it doesn't matter.

will5979
07-16-2011, 10:31 AM
If the Reds don't win the division, I hope no one else does. All in. No teams I also like, in any division for that matter.

Amen to that brother! But at least the Pirates suck worse than we do, I would rather keep it that way. The Cards have more rings and more postseason appearances so to me big deal if they win it.

Tadasimha
07-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Would rather see them than the Cardinals. But then again, the Reds are going to win so it doesn't matter.

Now that's the kind of positive statement I like to see!

That said, I will less disappointed if the Pirates or Brewers win the division than if the Cardinals do.

Old NDN
07-16-2011, 11:30 AM
.....then somebody better start beating them. They're gaining momentum and confidence.

Stray
07-16-2011, 11:46 AM
It feels like they've been playing the Astros or the Cubs for the past month. I still dunno if they will stick around, but if we aren't going to win it I really hope it's them. I don't particularly like Pittsburgh fans because of the Steelers, but I appreciate how their team is playing and winning.

Tuff Nut
07-16-2011, 05:54 PM
The Pirates, are a team that is relivenat, again. Like last years Reds' team, they cannot be slept on. Good to see them doing better, as it makes for a better,tougher division, but for me, it Reds or bust. If, Cincy is out, I've tended to follow STL, but I do love an underdawg, and unless the Pirates trade everyone, they've got a competitive team.

10xWSChamps
07-16-2011, 10:19 PM
The Pirates, are a team that is relivenat, again. Like last years Reds' team, they cannot be slept on. Good to see them doing better, as it makes for a better,tougher division, but for me, it Reds or bust. If, Cincy is out, I've tended to follow STL, but I do love an underdawg, and unless the Pirates trade everyone, they've got a competitive team.

I dunno if the Pirates are like last year's Reds. I don't think they're good enough. They're playing a bit above their heads and the second half of their schedule is much tougher.

Certainly an improved team that isn't like the Pittsburgh teams of old.... but I think there's some smoke and mirrors going on here. I don't think they have the lineup or starting pitching or bullpen to keep this going.

Vottomatic
07-17-2011, 02:15 PM
If the Reds don't win it, I'd love nothing more than to see the Pirates overtake the Brewers and especially the Cards. I'd be laughing my butt off at that one.

Natty Redlocks
07-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Now that's the kind of positive statement I like to see!

That said, I will less disappointed if the Pirates or Brewers win the division than if the Cardinals do.

If the Reds don't win it, I'd be happy to see the Brewers do it, and would root for them in the playoffs. Their front office is really going for it, in a way that many Reds fans would probably like to see. Good for them.

Todd Gack
07-17-2011, 02:45 PM
No one deserves to win the NL central. . . pretty much like every other year.

will5979
07-17-2011, 06:14 PM
If the Reds don't win it, I'd be happy to see the Brewers do it, and would root for them in the playoffs. Their front office is really going for it, in a way that many Reds fans would probably like to see. Good for them.

That is exactly what I wanted the Reds to do this year, if we don't win this division, go Brewers!

I'll die before I cheer for the Pirates, Cards, or Cubs. Brewers or Stros are the only acceptable winners of the Central if the Reds can't win it!

bounty37h
07-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I would rather see ANY team in this division INCLUDING the Cubs and Cards win this division rather than the Pirates. If I have to see another person wearing a Pirates hat I'm going to vomit, where were these the hats the last 18 seasons huh?

Probably the same place alll the Reds hats I never saw until last year were...still in the store.

bounty37h
07-18-2011, 10:51 AM
I hate the Steelers too, even if I am a Rams fan and they don't even play in the same conference.

I love it that the media and the Rooney family try to project themselves (the family) and their team as people of high character and moral standing.

Yet their QB rapes people almost as much as he throws TD passes, their RB is a self-proclaimed terrorist sympathizer and 9/11 conspiracy theorist, their LBer corps past and present has a laundry list of crimes now their poster child, Hines Ward, got busted for DWI a few days ago.

People make fun of the Bengals, but man, they aren't even the worst team in their division.

The Roonies are a joke and it's an embarrassment that one of them is a US diplomat. It would be nice if they actually had a team that didn't have so many drunk drivers, wife beaters, assualters, terrorist-sympathizers and rapists. UNtil then they should get out of politics because it's kind of a hypocritical joke

Wow, years of constant losing really makes people sound like bitter old folks :)