PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't Reds fans Rowdy enough?

will5979
07-16-2011, 08:17 AM
I wish I could have been at the game last night, I was listening on the radio. But when I watched the replay I hardly saw anyone jumping up and down when BP hit the HR, all I saw was people just raise their hands, clap, and cheer.

I would have gone absolutely crazy by jumping up and down for 5 straight minutes, screamed till I didn't have a voice, then went and celebrated somewhere with other Reds fans outside of the stadium. I can remember when I was a kid about 12 years old how wild Reds fans were in 1990 when they won ballgames like this, a wild feelgood party atmosphere...what the hell happened? It seems like Reds fans have been dead not just in the lost decade but really since the strike of 94.

I don't know, I just feel like we need wilder fans. I miss the party atmosphere I used to see as a kid in the 80s and 90s at Riverfront. We need Pete Rose back in baseball to be our manager, think about it, if he bet on us everynight to win he would manage like Satan himself seemed to possess him.

Hillsdale87
07-16-2011, 10:16 AM
I was at the game. Everybody around me was going crazy. The whole stadium blew up when he hit it.

drowg14
07-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Everybody Clap Your Hands?

tedies
07-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Maybe we would be more "rowdy" if we didn't leave the bases loaded with nobody out... everyone is expecting a blown lead like what happened twice last night. I think personally our fans are fine tho

justincredible
07-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I was there, going crazy, and so was everyone around me.

bshall2105
07-16-2011, 07:00 PM
I was there, going crazy, and so was everyone around me.

this is completely false

Red Raindog
07-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I wish I could have been at the game last night, I was listening on the radio. But when I watched the replay I hardly saw anyone jumping up and down when BP hit the HR, all I saw was people just raise their hands, clap, and cheer.

I would have gone absolutely crazy by jumping up and down for 5 straight minutes, screamed till I didn't have a voice, then went and celebrated somewhere with other Reds fans outside of the stadium. I can remember when I was a kid about 12 years old how wild Reds fans were in 1990 when they won ballgames like this, a wild feelgood party atmosphere...what the hell happened? It seems like Reds fans have been dead not just in the lost decade but really since the strike of 94.

I don't know, I just feel like we need wilder fans. I miss the party atmosphere I used to see as a kid in the 80s and 90s at Riverfront. We need Pete Rose back in baseball to be our manager, think about it, if he bet on us everynight to win he would manage like Satan himself seemed to possess him.

I was jumping up & down -- but it was in my living room -- does that count?

mlh1981
07-16-2011, 07:10 PM
From seeing various youtube videos, I get a kick out of the people clapping politely after the Jay Bruce shot to win the Central.

kwatson0013
07-17-2011, 01:13 AM
All I do is win win win no matter what, got money on my mind I cant get enough. And every time I step up in the building, everybodys hands go up. But then theres nothing.

jwmann2
07-17-2011, 12:53 PM
The team is two games below .500 and half of the season is over. Could that be the reason? Bengals games...same thing...I remember when it was rowdier back in 2005.

BluegrassRedleg
07-17-2011, 04:00 PM
It's Karma for getting rid of the old clapping hands/stomping feet graphics from Riverfront.

justincredible
07-17-2011, 04:17 PM
this is completely false

Ummm...no it isn't. What the heck?

Kingspoint
07-17-2011, 05:27 PM

I couldn't agree with you more, will. Something happened during that strike season that took baseball away from this town, and the town never forgave baseball for this. It's obvious that Cincinnati isn't a baseball town anymore. A lot of those people who had season tickets during the '60's and during the Big Red Machine days are dead. A new generation or two have had to take over, and it's obvious that they just don't care...not enough of them anyway.

And, yes. The replays last night of the walk-off showed too many fans just barely getting excited about it. It was definitely a stadium-wide celebration (in the lower half of the lower bowl) that didn't match the moment. But, that's probably because replays always focus on the crowds in the lower half nearer the field than the upper half, where I'm sure that the fans were showing the excitement worthy of the moment.

Don't know why it is, but people who are rich enough to afford those front row tickets always think they are too good or sophisticated to show emotion when it comes to matching the excitement of a play of event. Facts are facts. Snobs tend to sit in the front rows.

When replays are shown, they should concentrate on fans in the upper bowls. They're better fans, anyway.