PDA

View Full Version : Fire Dusty

wvreds
07-16-2011, 10:37 PM
This is Fire Dusty Thread as our team is going nowhere but down down down down down down down down:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

bshall2105
07-16-2011, 11:36 PM
We have at least eight of these everyday. Maybe somebody needs to start an official thread and get it pinned to the top.

Vottomatic
07-17-2011, 12:00 AM
That was the worst part of winning the division last year.......knowing they would extend his managerial contract.

I can't wait til Dusty gets replaced some day.

redsfanmia
07-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Dusty is not going anywhere he has 3 year contract and Big Bob is not going to eat that money.

wvreds
07-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Id like to see Chris Speier as the manager for rest of season seems on days where he steps in the team always wins

jwmann2
07-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Everytime I see these threads I respond with the same question. Ok, Fire Dusty. And hire who? Dusty is not the closer that comes into the 9th and gives the game up to the Brewers last week...

Natty Redlocks
07-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Everytime I see these threads I respond with the same question. Ok, Fire Dusty. And hire who? Dusty is not the closer that comes into the 9th and gives the game up to the Brewers last week...

How about anybody who won't make the same stupid lineup mistakes over and over again, then get defensive and talk down when people dare to question him?

I'd like to see Rick Sweet given a shot. Or Billy Hatcher. Or Chris Speier. Or Bob Brenly. Or Alyssa Milano. Seriously, anybody else.

Vottomatic
07-17-2011, 02:00 PM
How about anybody who won't make the same stupid lineup mistakes over and over again, then get defensive and talk down when people dare to question him?

I'd like to see Rick Sweet given a shot. Or Billy Hatcher. Or Chris Speier. Or Bob Brenly. Or Alyssa Milano. Seriously, anybody else.

Alyssa Milano would be interesting. I bet the players would give her their time. :D

BAKER12
07-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Makes sense, 3 1/2 out of first and fire the manager that led you to your first playoff birth in 15 years. Solid thought process.

nux fan
07-18-2011, 01:20 AM
oh he is a wizard, great with numbers really follows sabermetrics well, most of his quotes are either

"It is really big"

or

That win was huge

BAKER12
07-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Sabermetrics you want, how about Bob Geren or Ken Macha? They are both available. Dusty has proven his teams can't win (don't let the numbers fool you) baseball games. Is Bill James available? Sabermetrics are really working well for the A's lately.

Vottomatic
07-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Makes sense, 3 1/2 out of first and fire the manager that led you to your first playoff birth in 15 years. Solid thought process.

I've figured out Baker12 is Glen in Mason.

BAKER12
07-18-2011, 08:55 AM
I've figured out Baker12 is Glen in Mason.

Glen Mason, was a pretty good football coach at Minnesota

As for Dusty, he was the manager when the Reds won the division last year. I know as HATERS, it pains you to admit that.

nux fan
07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
oh hes tremendous, I appreciate his usage of gomes, cordero and janish as well as the deployment of rolen in last years playoffs

Old NDN
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
oh he is a wizard, great with numbers really follows sabermetrics well, most of his quotes are either

"It is really big"

or

That win was huge

......or "that was big time"

texasdave
07-19-2011, 10:18 AM
After watching last night's game I have come to the sad realization that this season is not Dusty's fault. None of it. Zero. Zip. Zilch. If a team is two runs down in the ninth inning to a divisional foe who is ahead of them in the standings, and the manager looks down the bench for a pinch hitter, and the best option that he can come up with is Edgar Renteria, well, folks, that there is not a playoff team.