PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight Rises

Brutus
07-17-2011, 05:23 PM
For those that haven't seen, the Dark Knight sequel will be out next summer. I am curious everyone's opinions on the confirmed villains for this one.

Anne Hathaway has been confirmed as Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Bane and it's rumored Liam Neeson will be Ra's al Ghul. I've still heard persisting rumors of a reprise by Aaron Eckart of two-face, but I am starting to think that's unlikely.

I'm excited for this film, though I must say I thought Dark Knight was one of the best ever created/directed. I fear that the lack of closure from the Joker storyline will make this one hard to accept, even if it's meant to be a standalone story. The Joker became a real nemesis and because of how they left him hanging (pun intended), I just don't know if the new story will be feasible that he's out of the picture.

I also realize after Heath's performance, you can't really bring back the Joker. It just wouldn't be the same. I just hope they properly explain that lingering element in the new arc.

Thoughts?

reds1869
07-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I think the Joker still being around is no different than the "villain of the month" flavor of the book. It should work just fine. I'm intrigued by Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and wonder if they will play up the romantic relationship she has with Batman or cast her as a straight up villain.

Brutus
07-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I think the Joker still being around is no different than the "villain of the month" flavor of the book. It should work just fine. I'm intrigued by Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and wonder if they will play up the romantic relationship she has with Batman or cast her as a straight up villain.

Perhaps. Even with the Scarecrow though, they transitioned into the Joker as being the new villain. So there's precedent for making the jump fluidly.

I think you might be on to something as a possible romantic relationship. Given how they played up Bruce's vulnerability with Rachel in the first two movies, her death could play a role in how he interacts with Selina.

bigredmechanism
07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Anne Hathaway has been confirmed as Catwoman

yes please

cinredsfan2000
07-17-2011, 08:21 PM
I also realize after Heath's performance, you can't really bring back the Joker. It just wouldn't be the same. Thoughts?

Couldnt the same thing have been said about ledger playing the part that nicholson played very well also ?

Brutus
07-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Couldnt the same thing have been said about ledger playing the part that nicholson played very well also ?

Different franchise. One thing Nolan has been adamant about is that his movies have been a reset of the original batman franchise. He attempted to make thee movies as if the Keaton/Nicholson thing never happened or any of the other spin-offs/remakes that have been done since.

On the contrary, this next movie will be an extension of the current universe that Nolan has created, so how the Joker is portrayed is much different than comparing him to a whole different take 22 years ago.

MikeThierry
07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm excited for this film, though I must say I thought Dark Knight was one of the best ever created/directed. I fear that the lack of closure from the Joker storyline will make this one hard to accept, even if it's meant to be a standalone story. The Joker became a real nemesis and because of how they left him hanging (pun intended), I just don't know if the new story will be feasible that he's out of the picture.

Brutus, if there is anyone that could pull it off its Christopher Nolan. I don't think the guy has made a bad film yet.

I'm kind of intrigued by the casting of Tom Hardy as Bane. Kind of a bold choice but I have always felt Tom Hardy has been underrated as an actor and he will finally kind of get his due in the mainstream. Going into the last movie, I scratched my head at casting Heath Ledger as the Joker but that turned out to be a brilliant choice. I kind of see the same thing going on with Tom Hardy as Bane.

Brutus
07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Brutus, if there is anyone that could pull it off its Christopher Nolan. I don't think the guy has made a bad film yet.

I'm kind of intrigued by the casting of Tom Hardy as Bane. Kind of a bold choice but I have always felt Tom Hardy has been underrated as an actor and he will finally kind of get his due in the mainstream. Going into the last movie, I scratched my head at casting Heath Ledger as the Joker but that turned out to be a brilliant choice. I kind of see the same thing going on with Tom Hardy as Bane.

Good point on the Ledger casting. I had the same thoughts when I originally heard he was taking on the role. And lo and behold that may have been the best cinematic performance I've personally seen.

cinreds21
07-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Brutus, it has been revealed that Catwoman will go back to the old-school getup with the goggles (like this: http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/catwoman4.jpg)
As for the movie, I'm very, very excited. Ghul's daughter is supposedly going to be another villain in the final chapter of the franchise, along with Bane and then Catwoman. It remains to be seen if the latter is going to be an integral part of the antagonistic story line, or if she's going to be a minor role.

Puffy
07-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Couple of things - Neeson is not a major part of storyline (we think) and I am assuming he was on set for those couple of days for flashbacks.

All the rumors say that Catwoman will be minor villain (a thief) and more of a love interest and maybe even someone to help Batman.

If you have seen the trailer it has Gordon in what appears to be a hospital bed. I am thinking Bane breaks his back (not Batman's) and this is what gets Bruce Wayne to once again wear the suit. Or "rises"

As for Two Face he is dead. That is what Nolan wanted so there is no Eckhart in next installment.

And, lastly, this is Nolan's last Batman. He is clear that this movie ends his trilogy. WB and DC have other intentions though, so we shall see.....

BuckWild03
07-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Just came across the first teaser for Dark Knight Rises. Not much since it's still a year away from being released but this will hold me over for a little while.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-trailer-offers-a-tiny,59075/

savafan
07-19-2011, 07:49 PM
I keep hearing persistent rumors that there will be another main villain who has been pulling the strings behind the scenes from the beginning that will be revealed at some point in this film. We'll see...

cinreds21
07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Something interesting Yahoo pointed out. At the very end when Bane is approaching Batman, here is someone in the right corner. Who is it????

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kezoDLWowXqJZlyad2fQsA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYwMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/movietalk/blog_dkr8.jpg

Let the speculation begin.

savafan
07-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Something interesting Yahoo pointed out. At the very end when Bane is approaching Batman, here is someone in the right corner. Who is it????

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kezoDLWowXqJZlyad2fQsA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYwMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/movietalk/blog_dkr8.jpg

Let the speculation begin.

www.joe.ie reportedly had a photo claiming to show Robin Williams as Hugo Strange in The Dark Knight Rises early today, but the photo has since been removed...

cinreds21
07-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Hmmmmm

Puffy
07-20-2011, 10:41 AM
That Robin Williams as Hugo Strange rumor has been out there for awhile. If they pull that off, wow.

marcshoe
07-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I was underwhelmed by the trailer, but imagine things will look better as we get closer.

GAC
07-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Nolan may stop after this one, but Hollywood won't. Too much money at stake with comic book super heroes being hot as can be. Do they make one at some point to include a Robin?

frenetic wave
07-21-2011, 06:01 AM
They will make Bruce Wayne a teenager and show how he and Catwoman first met in 2nd period social studies. The Joker is a classmate who is jealous of their attraction and whose open mic sets at the campus cafe have been going poorly, leading him to teenage madness.

Degenerate39
05-02-2012, 06:59 AM
New trailer

The Dark Knight Rises - Official Trailer #3 [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk)

sonny
05-02-2012, 09:32 AM
New trailer

The Dark Knight Rises - Official Trailer #3 [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk)

A lot of Joseph Gordon Levitt in this one. What's that all about?

WMR
05-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I've read speculation that he will be the next Batman. Christian Bale dying? Comics deal with new Batmans arising, certainly. Gotta believe the series will continue on, I just hope they stick with the style that Nolan has created.

savafan
07-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Just returned from an advanced screening in Newport, and... WOW!!! I gotta agree that even if Nolan hangs it up, the franchise doesn't end here, though if it does, then it's going out with a bang.

savafan
07-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh, and some of the rumors are true, and some aren't, but I'm not telling you which ones.

marcshoe
07-18-2012, 11:47 PM
I think Jason Bourne will be the next Batman.

savafan
07-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Also, go see it in IMAX, it's perfection.

One other thing that's not lost on me with this film is that in its magnificent scope, almost the entirety of the script was an accident. This wasn't how Nolan planned on ending his trilogy, yet the tragic and untimely death of Heath Ledger caused him to have to rework the end of the story as he wanted to present it. For a writer to have to completely divert the direction of his story and still have it work to such perfection is a skill that will probably be overlooked by many.

Benihana
07-19-2012, 10:11 PM

One other thing that's not lost on me with this film is that in its magnificent scope, almost the entirety of the script was an accident. This wasn't how Nolan planned on ending his trilogy, yet the tragic and untimely death of Heath Ledger caused him to have to rework the end of the story as he wanted to present it. For a writer to have to completely divert the direction of his story and still have it work to such perfection is a skill that will probably be overlooked by many.

Agreed and agreed.

All I can say is you won't be disappointed.

Degenerate39
07-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Absolutely loved the movie saw it last night. Amazing amazing amazing

RiverRat13
07-21-2012, 01:03 PM

Will Nolan ever divulge how it would have went had Ledger lived?

Either way, TDKR was awesome. Just a great trilogy all the way around.

Dom Heffner
07-24-2012, 03:11 PM
I can't go since Ben and Hines Ward are in it. Just not going.

KoryMac5
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Great movie better than the first a bit below the 2nd (but what movie isn't), and honestly loved Hathaway as Cat Woman.

sonny
07-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Just saw it tonight. Loved it even more than the Dark Knight. IMO, it did a better job dealing with the human side of the characters. Joseph Gordon Levitt did an amazing job.

Brutus
07-28-2012, 08:55 PM
I'll go on record as saying I expected a miserable failure out of this film after the performance of Heath Ledger in the previous movie, and trying to live up to one of the better movies of all-time (IMHO). That said, I was shocked and awed at the drama of this movie. I almost didn't let myself watch it for fear it wouldn't remotely live up to my hope for it, but it far surpassed expectations so much that I was blown away.

However, I didn't like a few minor things (spoiler alert)....

For starters, I didn't care for the lack of explanation for the Joker. While I realize Nolan didn't want this to be about the Joker, his presence (or lack thereof) should be wholly relevant to Gotham's progress. And when the criminals were let loose, we should certainly expect some mention of the Joker... assuming he's still alive. My theory is that the Joker wouldn't have been compelled to enter back into the fray without Batman around when he got out, as by his own admission, he a) didn't care for common criminals or their actions and b) considered Batman his only rival. Still, it would have been nice for some sort of closure on that. Apparently, though, there is a novelization of the movie that is being released, and it explains that the Joker was left as Arkham Asylum's lone tenant, so while the prisoners were released by Bane, the Joker would not have been.

I'm also not sure what to make of the cliffhanger at the end. It gives the impression that Bruce survived, showing him being seen by Alfred. However, that also mimics Alfred's fantasy, which may have merely been Alfred visualizing Bruce being alive. It seems they are suggesting he did survive, but I can't seem to feel certain about it.

Degenerate39
07-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Nolan said he didn't want to mention The Joker out of respect for Heath. But I think it would've been fine to say something along the lines of Bane being the biggest challenge since Joker.

sonny
07-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I'll go on record as saying I expected a miserable failure out of this film after the performance of Heath Ledger in the previous movie, and trying to live up to one of the better movies of all-time (IMHO). That said, I was shocked and awed at the drama of this movie. I almost didn't let myself watch it for fear it wouldn't remotely live up to my hope for it, but it far surpassed expectations so much that I was blown away.

However, I didn't like a few minor things (spoiler alert)....

For starters, I didn't care for the lack of explanation for the Joker. While I realize Nolan didn't want this to be about the Joker, his presence (or lack thereof) should be wholly relevant to Gotham's progress. And when the criminals were let loose, we should certainly expect some mention of the Joker... assuming he's still alive. My theory is that the Joker wouldn't have been compelled to enter back into the fray without Batman around when he got out, as by his own admission, he a) didn't care for common criminals or their actions and b) considered Batman his only rival. Still, it would have been nice for some sort of closure on that. Apparently, though, there is a novelization of the movie that is being released, and it explains that the Joker was left as Arkham Asylum's lone tenant, so while the prisoners were released by Bane, the Joker would not have been.

I'm also not sure what to make of the cliffhanger at the end. It gives the impression that Bruce survived, showing him being seen by Alfred. However, that also mimics Alfred's fantasy, which may have merely been Alfred visualizing Bruce being alive. It seems they are suggesting he did survive, but I can't seem to feel certain about it.

SPOILER

The answer to your question is when Fox discovered Bruce fixed the autopilot without telling him.

Brutus
07-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Nolan said he didn't want to mention The Joker out of respect for Heath. But I think it would've been fine to say something along the lines of Bane being the biggest challenge since Joker.

I do recall him saying that, and I'm sure that's his reasoning as he's too good a writer just to overlook it, but I don't like it.

While I, like other fans, do not have the perspective of having actually worked with Heath, I don't think properly explaining away his character in the story is disrespectful. I know I absolutely would not have wanted his character reprised by anyone else, simply mentioning the character enough to acknowledge his impact on the arc seems perfectly reasonable without being disrespectful to Heath's passing. I'm sure Nolan had the right intentions in mind, but I think it was a bit of a disservice to his franchise not to properly tie up loose ends.

Brutus
07-28-2012, 11:37 PM
SPOILER

The answer to your question is when Fox discovered Bruce fixed the autopilot without telling him.

True, but unless I missed a small detail, there's not an explanation for why Bruce was still in the cockpit with 5 seconds before the bomb went off. Perhaps he ejected prior to that, but the shots were leading the viewer to believe he was still in the "Bat" as the timer was going off.

Raisor
07-29-2012, 12:01 PM
True, but unless I missed a small detail, there's not an explanation for why Bruce was still in the cockpit with 5 seconds before the bomb went off. Perhaps he ejected prior to that, but the shots were leading the viewer to believe he was still in the "Bat" as the timer was going off.

He was using a remote from another location, he was never in the cockpit

forfreelin04
07-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I can't go since Ben and Hines Ward are in it. Just not going.

My popcorn made my stomach feel queasy during those scenes. Hatred of Sloblisberger and Whines seeps into my bowels

Brutus
07-29-2012, 03:51 PM

Thanks, that makes sense.

Homer Bailey
07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
SPOILER

Saw it last night. What an emotional roller coaster. I actually teared up a couple of times. In a Batman movie. Truly an incredible movie experience. I was SWEATING during the final scenes. I could not imagined a better ending.

Question though.... after Bruce escapes from the prison, how does he get back to Gotham with no allies, no money, and no way onto the island?

Sabo Fan
07-31-2012, 08:00 PM
SPOILER

Saw it last night. What an emotional roller coaster. I actually teared up a couple of times. In a Batman movie. Truly an incredible movie experience. I was SWEATING during the final scenes. I could not imagined a better ending.

Question though.... after Bruce escapes from the prison, how does he get back to Gotham with no allies, no money, and no way onto the island?

Because he's Batman.

I find that helps to answer a lot of questions.

Johnny Footstool
08-02-2012, 01:51 PM
SPOILER

SPOILER

You have to assume Bruce Wayne had significant stashes of cash, passports, and vehicles in various locations throughout the world, and that he had a network of tunnels to allow him to get into Gotham without being noticed (that is, unless he wanted to put on a public display like he did earlier in the movie).

Johnny Footstool
08-02-2012, 01:55 PM

SPOILER

He wasn't flying it remotely, or else the autopilot wouldn't have been a plot point. The assumption is that he was in the cockpit, turned the autopilot on, and then ejected. The filmmakers decided to go with the tired old trope of showing the bomb timer ticking off the final few seconds before the explosion, even though our hero had miraculously escaped before that.

Johnny Footstool
08-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Because he's Batman.

I find that helps to answer a lot of questions.

Yeah, it's a Batman movie.

I've been watching the old Batman '66 movie with my kids lately, and that film does a great job of lampooning those ridiculous last-minute escapes.

Homer Bailey
08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
SPOILER

You have to assume Bruce Wayne had significant stashes of cash, passports, and vehicles in various locations throughout the world, and that he had a network of tunnels to allow him to get into Gotham without being noticed (that is, unless he wanted to put on a public display like he did earlier in the movie).

You're the first person that I've asked that hasn't said "because he's Batman."

This actually makes some sense. Just hard to believe considering he had to ask Alfred if they still had any cars around earlier in the movie.

RichRed
08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Yeah, it's a Batman movie.

I've been watching the old Batman '66 movie with my kids lately, and that film does a great job of lampooning those ridiculous last-minute escapes.

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_20Bw3qpsWkg/SLikX-Rws-I/AAAAAAAAAH8/h0JuWfKxaSQ/s400/batman_bomb.jpg

Johnny Footstool
08-06-2012, 09:42 AM
You're the first person that I've asked that hasn't said "because he's Batman."

This actually makes some sense. Just hard to believe considering he had to ask Alfred if they still had any cars around earlier in the movie.

The bank seized all his known assets. I'm assuming he still had plenty of stuff that remained hidden.

HotCorner
08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I finally got a chance to see it yesterday. I was not disappointed nor was my wife who said to me as we left "that did not feel like a 3-hr movie".

Spoiler Alert

The biggest pet peeve is that the whole "no one will ever know who Batman was". The Gotham media was either very gullible or naive. I mean Batman dies and Bruce Wayne dies at the same time and no one connects the dots (which a few exceptions). Especially when Wayne had went into self exile AT THE SAME TIME Batman did yet no one thought to question it.

Also the stock trades that were attributed to Bruce Wayne (that forced him to lose his fortune and subsequently his company) came on a day were that said stock market was attacked. A simple review of the transaction records would have shown that the trades occurred during the attack.

Minor details but they drove me crazy none the less.

camisadelgolf
08-13-2012, 12:07 PM
So what you're telling me is that Batman might cheat on his taxes?

camisadelgolf
08-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I just finished Batman: Arkham City for PS3, and all I have to say is, "Wow." Such a great game.

Degenerate39
08-13-2012, 04:47 PM
I finally got a chance to see it yesterday. I was not disappointed nor was my wife who said to me as we left "that did not feel like a 3-hr movie".

Spoiler Alert

The biggest pet peeve is that the whole "no one will ever know who Batman was". The Gotham media was either very gullible or naive. I mean Batman dies and Bruce Wayne dies at the same time and no one connects the dots (which a few exceptions). Especially when Wayne had went into self exile AT THE SAME TIME Batman did yet no one thought to question it.

Also the stock trades that were attributed to Bruce Wayne (that forced him to lose his fortune and subsequently his company) came on a day were that said stock market was attacked. A simple review of the transaction records would have shown that the trades occurred during the attack.

Minor details but they drove me crazy none the less.

For all they knew Bruce Wayne was killed in the ice.

Wayne didn't go into self exile until a few years after Batman did. Miranda Tate said this when they talked about how their energy project failed.

Razor Shines
08-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Ben Affleck? Odd choice.

Ben Affleck Is Batman | Variety http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ben-affleck-is-the-new-batman-1200586881/

Caveat Emperor
08-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Wow.

There are just no words for how disappointing this is.

Razor Shines
08-22-2013, 11:24 PM
You mean you haven't been waiting for that Daredevil-Superman movie?

Now I hope they dump Cahill and give Nick Cage his wish and let him play Superman. An Affleck/Cage Batman/Superman movie would be so awesomely bad.

cinreds21
08-22-2013, 11:27 PM
A lot of people are bashing this choice but I don't see anything "wrong" with it. I mean, I know a lot of people hated Daredevil, but he is pretty awesome in The Town and Argo.

LoganBuck
08-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Wow.

There are just no words for how disappointing this is.

If we get the Ben Affleck from Argo and Good Will Hunting, I am ok. The clown from Reindeer games, and Gigli, no bueno.

Razor Shines
08-22-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm guessing that Bruce Wayne has moved on to saving Boston and he's chasing some Irish mobsters.

Larry Schuler
08-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Superman is held hostage and Ben Affleck stages a fake film where he plays Batman to help usher Supes to freedom.

R_Webb18
08-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Who cares man of steel was horrible.

RedTeamGo!
08-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Affleck is a really poor choice for Batman, but the discussion on Reddit on the subject is hilarious.

Degenerate39
08-23-2013, 10:10 AM
I actually love the choice. He's not the same actor that everyone loved to make fun of 10 years ago. And if this means he'll be director of the next solo Batman film then that's even better.

Give him a chance. Everyone said the same stuff about Heath Ledger as the Joker and Keaton as Batman. And those two turned out well in their respective roles.

RedTeamGo!
08-23-2013, 10:55 AM
The last time Affleck starred as a superhero the result was the worst superhero movie in history.

Raisor
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
The last time Affleck starred as a superhero the result was the worst superhero movie in history.

In a world with Catwoman and X-men 3 this is incorrect

NebraskaRed
08-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Are we pretending that Batman & Robin doesn't exist?

Larkin Fan
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Following up Christian Bale's performance with Ben Affleck? Horrible choice. Just horrible.

WVRed
08-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Might as well cast Jennifer Lopez as Catwoman.

Puffy
08-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Watch the directors cut of Daredevil. It's actually a really solid movie then.

Puffy
08-23-2013, 12:19 PM
As for the choice, my first reaction was "what the F" - - however, after mulling a little I am OK with this. Affleck can act and Batman is supposed to be older, grittier than Supes so I think this can work.

Razor Shines
08-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Someone created a White House petition to get Affleck removed. 2500+ people signed it before it was removed.

Also stole this from reddit.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0yMmiJHOLuI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0yMmiJHOLuI

RedTeamGo!
08-23-2013, 04:54 PM

X-Men 3 sucked, but I think Daredevil was worse.

I cannot argue your point about Catwoman though. Touche.

Johnny Footstool
08-23-2013, 05:30 PM
All of you are wrong about the worst super hero movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcpmM-eTESI

dabvu2498
08-23-2013, 05:48 PM
All of you are wrong about the worst super hero movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcpmM-eTESI

Does this qualify?

http://youtu.be/Ix4HOCUWUqg

LoganBuck
08-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Did you all miss XMen Origins: Wolverine, or The Green Lantern? Those were also terrible. Superhero movies are all over the map. Tangotiger, put on Twitter that he would have liked to have seen Michael Keaton cast as an older Batman/Bruce Wayne. That could have been neat.

Brutus
08-26-2013, 02:40 PM
No superhero has anything on Ralph Hinkley

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/img/g/r/Greatest_American_Hero.jpg

BuckeyeRed27
08-26-2013, 07:26 PM
For some reason people still haven't forgiven Afflack for his 2001-2004 stretch, when his run both acting and directing since then has been very solid almost without exception. I think he can pull it off.

Caveat Emperor
08-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Word is that Bryan Cranston (of "Breaking Bad" fame) has been cast as Lex Luthor to a multi-picture deal, and the idea for DC will be all their major superheroes and villains appearing in each other's movies (v. the Marvel idea of "1 hero, 1 movie" in the non-Avengers films).

I really wish someone other than Zach Snyder was in charge of the DC stuff.

Razor Shines
08-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Outside of Affleck being Batman, I'm not big on the idea of a Superman vs. Batman movie mostly because it's another bullet point in making I Am Legend into a true story.

Raisor
08-28-2013, 12:51 PM
:confused:
Word is that Bryan Cranston (of "Breaking Bad" fame) has been cast as Lex Luthor to a multi-picture deal, and the idea for DC will be all their major superheroes and villains appearing in each other's movies (v. the Marvel idea of "1 hero, 1 movie" in the non-Avengers films).

Black Widow in IM2 and CA2
Tony Stark in Hulk
Bruce Banner in IM3
Hawkeye in Thor
Fury in almost all of them
Coulson in almost all of them.
Loki in Thor/Avengers

RedsManRick
08-28-2013, 12:54 PM
No superhero has anything on Ralph Hinkley

Good point. By definition, he was the greatest American hero.

Case closed.

marcshoe
08-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Here's a differing opinion (http://www.totalfilm.com/features/opinion-why-a-ben-affleck-batman-is-a-good-idea?ns_service=mail&ns_robot=partner-Adestra&ns_campaign=6759&ns_source=Adestra&ns_mchannel=email-n&ns_linkname=Story%202%20-%20heading&ns_fee=0&ns_recipient=marcshoe%40gmail.com&ns_mail_uid=24&ns_mail_job=7773) on Affleck.

From the awards-snaffling Argo to Hollywoodland, Gone Baby Gone and The Town, he's had an increasingly bulletproof CV of late, and it's hard to argue that he hasn't since gained the maturity and world-weary experience to take on a role that looks to be positioning itself as the mirror image to Superman's younger energy

Razor Shines
08-30-2013, 05:40 PM
This may be common knowledge and I'm just behind.

Are there going to be any tie ins to Nolan's Dark Knight or is this all just gonna be whatever Snider decides? I assume that would mean that JGL as Robin is also out?

You can neg me if you feel I should know this or been able to relatively easily find this information on my own.

Larry Schuler
08-30-2013, 07:11 PM
It's a different universe from Nolan's.

Supposedly it will draw inspiration from the Frank Miller "Dark Knight Strikes Back" graphic novels (old grizzled Batman VS. Superman).

Raisor
09-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Josh Brolin as older Batman would have ruled it.

Caveat Emperor
09-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Josh Brolin as older Batman would have ruled it.

If only because an older Batman would force them to play up the (severely underutilized in movies) "Worlds Greatest Detective" aspect of the character.