PDA

View Full Version : Changes needed?

Vottomatic
07-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Changes? Changes? We don't need no stinkin' changes! - Walt Jocketty (joking of course)

I know it's only 4 or 5 games, but this team looks far from a World Series caliber team, if even a playoff team. Let's face it. The Reds play in the worst division in mlb. Nobody wants to even win this division except for the Pirates, and even they aren't that good.

If the goal is to win it all, why waste time trying to back into the playoffs?

I think management should make trades that strengthen the team long term, cut the dead weight, and bring up the young guys and let's see what they can do.

I do feel bad for Ramon Hernandez. Probably gone at the deadline, he's been really awesome this season. I tip my cap to him. He even came through tonight, to no avail.

I'll speak sacrilege and admit I'd even consider trading Jay Bruce. What could we get in return for Bruce? I've never been sold on the guy even if he's still young. He'll be 28 years old and people will still be talking about his "potential".

Anyway. Changes need to be made. Whether it's firing Jacoby, or Dusty, or cutting dead weight..........the slow reaction time of Reds management is puzzling. I know they should never do a panic move. But this Reds team hasn't won back to back games in over a month. A FREAKIN' MONTH. I can't remember ever seeing a team do that. And their slow hand at bringing Cozart up just simply perplexed me beyond words. I don't get the feel that management wants to win this thing or make adjustments to what is not working.

I feel for Votto. He is as frustrated as I've ever seen him. Another need unaddressed in the offseason..........4-hole hitter/protection for Votto. Another bumbling non-move by Walt and Bob.

Cardinals, Brewers, and Pirates are all making Reds management look really STUPID.

chuck6660
07-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I think you can now put a fork in the Reds...their done!

I'm really starting to dislike this team

chuck6660
07-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I think you can now put a fork in the Reds...they're done!

Vottomatic
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
I think you can now put a fork in the Reds...their done!

Yep.

Vottomatic
07-19-2011, 10:26 PM
I think you can now put a fork in the Reds...they're done!

Yep.

Kevin1476
07-19-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't want to mortgage the farm to speak, but this division is horrible and can be won very easily if this GM gets his head out of his rear end. A few dead weight guys released, a few promotions, and a trade or two. We should not have to weight to make these moves, like the Cozart situation, which is still mind boggling.

Old NDN
07-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Changes? Changes? We don't need no stinkin' changes! - Walt Jocketty (joking of course)

I know it's only 4 or 5 games, but this team looks far from a World Series caliber team, if even a playoff team. Let's face it. The Reds play in the worst division in mlb. Nobody wants to even win this division except for the Pirates, and even they aren't that good.

If the goal is to win it all, why waste time trying to back into the playoffs?

I think management should make trades that strengthen the team long term, cut the dead weight, and bring up the young guys and let's see what they can do.

I do feel bad for Ramon Hernandez. Probably gone at the deadline, he's been really awesome this season. I tip my cap to him. He even came through tonight, to no avail.

I'll speak sacrilege and admit I'd even consider trading Jay Bruce. What could we get in return for Bruce? I've never been sold on the guy even if he's still young. He'll be 28 years old and people will still be talking about his "potential".

Anyway. Changes need to be made. Whether it's firing Jacoby, or Dusty, or cutting dead weight..........the slow reaction time of Reds management is puzzling. I know they should never do a panic move. But this Reds team hasn't won back to back games in over a month. A FREAKIN' MONTH. I can't remember ever seeing a team do that. And their slow hand at bringing Cozart up just simply perplexed me beyond words. I don't get the feel that management wants to win this thing or make adjustments to what is not working.

I feel for Votto. He is as frustrated as I've ever seen him. Another need unaddressed in the offseason..........4-hole hitter/protection for Votto. Another bumbling non-move by Walt and Bob.

Cardinals, Brewers, and Pirates are all making Reds management look really STUPID.

Is it that noticeable?:D

Jefferson24
07-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Cut some guys lose (Lewis, Gomes, ER) and bring up some of the guys in AAA, they couldn't do any worse. Start giving Votto, Phillips and Bruce days off, not just one here and there.

bshall2105
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
I think they will wait until everyone has lost interest in the team and then bring up Mesaroco and Alosno. This way there is decent attendance and ratings throughout the year, giving them more money to spend next year. I think there plan since the beginning of 2010 was to go for it in 2012.

64red
07-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Walt's credibility has to be questioned every day that this coaching staff goes unchanged.

Jefferson24
07-20-2011, 12:26 AM
IThis way there is decent attendance and ratings throughout the year, giving them more money to spend next year.

One heck of a good way to bolster attendance is to put a winning team on the field.

joshua
07-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Who exactly is responsible for the refusal to promote guys from AAA? Who's responsible for Janish and Renteria taking a big juicy crap between second and third base for months before Cozart was called up? Who's idea was it to let Gomes go out and whiff night after night when Heisey and Sappelt have more than earned their shot? Who was it that let Volquez stay around throwing wiffle balls over the plate and then blaming the offense after he basically gave games away?

Whoever it is should be canned. That's the damn change that's needed. There's too much young talent on this team for all the strikeouts, all the guys left on base and allowing guys who are dogging it to keep their jobs long after someone else has earned a shot. When you have guys suddenly striking out constantly and making bonehead decisions after playing good baseball earlier in the season, that is either something wrong with the culture in the locker room or it's a coaching problem.

This bothers me a billion times more than wondering why we're not making any trades. There are answers right in our own farm system and it's like the front office couldn't even tell you what state Louisville is in.

bshall2105
07-20-2011, 02:08 AM
One heck of a good way to bolster attendance is to put a winning team on the field.

Obviously they cannot find a way to put a winning team on the field this year or it would have been done already.

BAKER12
07-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Walt's credibility has to be questioned every day that this coaching staff goes unchanged.

Walt is old school, until recently teams did not frequently dismiss coaches during the season. Staff will not change, manager will not change, front office will stay the same.

A trade will occur, probably a big one, the Reds are not 15 games out like some people act.

Vottomatic
07-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Walt is old school, until recently teams did not frequently dismiss coaches during the season. Staff will not change, manager will not change, front office will stay the same.

A trade will occur, probably a big one, the Reds are not 15 games out like some people act.

But......but.......Mr. Castellini said we're not going to lose anymore! ;)