PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's game vrs Giants

SidneySlicker
07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Talking about taking the family down to the game Sunday. My girls have been to several minor league games, but never a Reds game. Anyone know what time the ballpark opens for batting practice? Would love a chance for them to get an up close view of the players. Thanks.

R_Webb18
07-26-2011, 09:10 PM
do the reds do batting practice on Sundays? no clue tbh

LexRedsFan
07-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Save your money and take them to see a real baseball team.

Jefferson24
07-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Save your money and take them to see a real baseball team.

Are the Bats at home Sunday? I saw them 3 weeks ago, good looking team.

SwingKing01
07-26-2011, 11:24 PM
I got to the game about an hour before and the Pirates were taking BP, I dunno if the Reds did not take BP that game, but I would have assumed they would have hit after Pittsburgh, but if you get there early enough and go beside the 1st base dugout you are sure to get some autographs. Rolen, Alonso, and Phillips were all signing balls.
The only Sunday game I went to I planned to get there at the same time, but was involved in a wreck a block away from the game so I showed up in the top of the second... Wish I could be more help, and hope you and your family enjoy the game. Nothing like your first big league game!!!!

Captain13
07-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Stadium generally opens 90 minutes before game time, and I don't think there will be BP on Sunday.

bounty37h
07-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I got to the game about an hour before and the Pirates were taking BP, I dunno if the Reds did not take BP that game, but I would have assumed they would have hit after Pittsburgh, but if you get there early enough and go beside the 1st base dugout you are sure to get some autographs. Rolen, Alonso, and Phillips were all signing balls.
The only Sunday game I went to I planned to get there at the same time, but was involved in a wreck a block away from the game so I showed up in the top of the second... Wish I could be more help, and hope you and your family enjoy the game. Nothing like your first big league game!!!!

Wow, Alonso signed?!?!?! I have seen people asking him for autos since he was in college and in AAA and only saw rude responses at best, but never saw him actually sign for anyone.