PDA

View Full Version : My first ever knee jerk reaction...

Who Dey Time
07-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm not the knee jerk guy. Some of you take care of that multiple times over. However, there is no way in the depths of hell that Bronson makes his next start. Simply cannot happen.

DL him with a mystery illness/injury. Whatever. But he cannot get the ball in Houston.

mroby85
07-27-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm not the knee jerk guy. Some of you take care of that multiple times over. However, there is no way in the depths of hell that Bronson makes his next start. Simply cannot happen.

DL him with a mystery illness/injury. Whatever. But he cannot get the ball in Houston.

I'm pretty sure this season is over anyway honestly. It sucks, but this was a big series, they had finally won 2 in a row with a walkoff to get some momentum, and yet again, just like the rest of the year they lose 3 games in a row, and regress.

DocRed
07-27-2011, 10:10 PM

I definitely agree with you that Arroyo sucks...but somehow I'm not as sure he won't start next start.

Stray
07-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Arroyo is better than he's pitched. Something just has to be wrong with him...unless he got old really really fast.

DL him the rest of the year and go from there.

mikemo14
07-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Kelch and Brantley were debating if Arroyo would come back out in the sixth tonight and Brantley said it would be foolish if he did. Only thing I can figure is Dusty has a different radar that doe'snt show his velocity down three miles an hour and also he must not notice everything he throws up there is crushed. Respect for Arroyos desire to pitch, but he is killing us right now. DL him for three starts, then bring him back and see what he's got.

foxfire123
07-27-2011, 11:33 PM
We've been through bad years before, but this one is the worst. I wish they'd never have won the division last year. Just made us actually think we had finally been through enough to have "earned" that winning, strong team.

Instead it was just proven to be a fluke. Yay team....

Redsfansince72
07-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Yep i can hear Dusty now "I feel that 3 game winning streak a coming any day now..we are about to go on a roll " yea with a new manager maybe!!

LeDoux
07-28-2011, 01:44 AM
This may be the years our innings eater does't hit 200. I don't think the Reds are doing Arroyo any favors by continuing to put him out there. His outings have to be having at least a negative psychological impact. I'd like to see his rested so he can come to Spring Training in 'the best shape of his life.'

Vottomatic
07-28-2011, 07:44 AM
I agree. DL Arroyo, and give someone else a chance. Time to see the young guys.

Red Rover
07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Arroyo's fastball sits at 86MPH this year, as compared to 90MPH last year. That is the difference. I'm not sure if its the mono, aging or an injury. If he can get some rest and is able to find his speed on his fastball he will be fine. As of right now, he needs out of the rotation.