PDA

View Full Version : Trade Votto and win

mrherd05
07-28-2011, 02:34 PM
This season is not over. I say trade Votto for a front line pitcher. Play yonder at first bat him third and let's roll with some new blood that wants to play.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
lol?

brm7675
07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
This season is not over. I say trade Votto for a front line pitcher. Play yonder at first bat him third and let's roll with some new blood that wants to play.

I have no issue with dealing votto, but I don't see any TOR type of guy you could get for him. I would rather deal him for say a very good 3rd basemen/LF combo package. Say offer Votto and Homer for something.

BluegrassRedleg
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I agree. I'm sick of having an MVP-caliber player on the Reds. Let's move him and see if we can't come up with another Eddy Volquez.

mroby85
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
This board is maddening sometimes, I feel so frustrated with the Reds I dont even feel like debating this, but i'll just say obviously trading the guy who knocked in 50% of the runs last night, 33% of the runs today, and won the MVP last year is the problem. Child Please.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
This board is maddening sometimes, I feel so frustrated with the Reds I dont even feel like debating this, but i'll just say obviously trading the guy who knocked in 50% of the runs last night, 33% of the runs today, and won the MVP last year is the problem. Child Please.

No you trade him because he would bring you the most in return to improve your overall team. If you could move him, put Yonder at 1st and add a quality player at 3rd and LF and maybe another pitcher, how would the team be worse off?

mrherd05
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Bingo. Trading him brings us more pieces, and may bring us someone who actually wants to be here.

Im sick of his act. One of the single most selfish baseball players I have ever seen in my life.

mroby85
07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
No you trade him because he would bring you the most in return to improve your overall team. If you could move him, put Yonder at 1st and add a quality player at 3rd and LF and maybe another pitcher, how would the team be worse off?

Why do you think he would bring the most in return? There is a reason he would bring a ton in, its because he's a great player. I dont dislike Yonder, but what has he proven that you trade an MVP for him, rather than trading him?? The trade Votto talk is absurd.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Why do you think he would bring the most in return? There is a reason he would bring a ton in, its because he's a great player. I dont dislike Yonder, but what has he proven that you trade an MVP for him, rather than trading him?? The trade Votto talk is absurd.

Of all the players on the Reds, whom do you think would bring the most in return? You don't think if we packaged say Votto with maybe either Homer or Leake or Wood wouldn't bring a strong return?

DocRed
07-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Sure I'd deal Votto for Halladay and Lee....

FireDusty
07-28-2011, 03:00 PM
No, but thanks for asking.

mroby85
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Of all the players on the Reds, whom do you think would bring the most in return? You don't think if we packaged say Votto with maybe either Homer or Leake or Wood wouldn't bring a strong return?

It would bring in a good return because he is far and away the best player on this team, and one of the best players in baseball lol. There is a reason he would bring in a strong return. This team isn't that far away, you dont fix it by trading your best player.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
It would bring in a good return because he is far and away the best player on this team, and one of the best players in baseball lol. There is a reason he would bring in a strong return. This team isn't that far away, you dont fix it by trading your best player.

But you are going to lose him at somepoint, why not get the best return on that loss if possible?

mroby85
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
But you are going to lose him at somepoint, why not get the best return on that loss if possible?

Probably because i'd like to enjoy at least a couple years of my life as a Reds fan instead of trading the first great player i've ever seen them have, lol. We disagree so there is really no reason in going back and forth on it, I feel very strongly about not trading him, and you think they should trade him. I just hope Jocketty agrees with me, lol.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
ur going to lose every1 at some point.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Probably because i'd like to enjoy at least a couple years of my life as a Reds fan instead of trading the first great player i've ever seen them have, lol. We disagree so there is really no reason in going back and forth on it, I feel very strongly about not trading him, and you think they should trade him. I just hope Jocketty agrees with me, lol.

How much are you enjoying this season so far?

brm7675
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
ur going to lose every1 at some point.

Yes you do and the good GM's get a return on that player before they lose them.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes you do and the good GM's get a return on that player before they lose them.

no gm trades votto here none

mroby85
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
How much are you enjoying this season so far?

I dont feel trading Votto would make them win, I think it would only make them closer to the terrible teams before Votto. He's one of the few things enjoyable to watch on this team. This is my last post on the subject, I feel dumber for even arguing about it.

freestyle55
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Im sick of his act. One of the single most selfish baseball players I have ever seen in my life.

Seriously? That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time...

smixsell
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
OP is dead wrong (Sorry for the earlier moron crack).

Votto is the last player on the roster the Reds should be thinking of trading. He is a "character guy" on a team that lacks character and leadership.

PS With the team minus Cabrera, with Rolen almost a non-factor this year, and with Dusty as our manager, we are almost completely devoid of leadership)

brm7675
07-28-2011, 04:10 PM
I dont feel trading Votto would make them win, I think it would only make them closer to the terrible teams before Votto. He's one of the few things enjoyable to watch on this team. This is my last post on the subject, I feel dumber for even arguing about it.

Again I am not advocating trading him, what I am saying is you have to at least consider it and see what you can get in return. Right now with him we are 5 games under .500 and how many games out of first and behind 3 teams. This team needs to make some tweeks to it's overall roster and how that roster is used. If I could deal Votto and get something overall that improves our roster and odds of winning and don't do that deal, then you are an idiot. Baseball is a team game, you need a team to win, A great player alone won't do it.

mrherd05
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
What kind of character has he shown? Seriously.

I like how I am a moron, but many people on here think you can trade guys like Volquez and Hanigan for a bunch of good talent, and think we should never trade Yonder, Grandal, Mez, etc, etc, etc.

You have to trade talent to get talent...period.

Votto is becoming Dunn....HR's when they are meaningless, groundouts when the runs are needed.

Thanks JV

brm7675
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
What kind of character has he shown? Seriously.

I like how I am a moron, but many people on here think you can trade guys like Volquez and Hanigan for a bunch of good talent, and think we should never trade Yonder, Grandal, Mez, etc, etc, etc.

You have to trade talent to get talent...period.

Votto is becoming Dunn....HR's when they are meaningless, groundouts when the runs are needed.

Thanks JV

Please, Votto is an incredible player to make the above claim about meaningless hits is just wrong. Had our pitching staff not given up that 10th run in teh 9th, votto's HR in the bottom ties the game. The man is a great player who isn't destine to play a long time in Cincy, so if the right offer was put forward, any good GM would have to take it into consideration.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 04:30 PM
comparing votto to dunn is laughable

smixsell
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
What kind of character has he shown? Seriously. .

Wow, I guess you havent seen many Red's games for the past 3 years.

Sometime when I have more time I will list all the ways Joey has shown that he is the consumate professional and the perfect guy you want on your team

mrherd05
07-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Seen as many as the majority of people on here, rarely miss any of them.

What i see is a guy who is all about himself, period.

Our three hole hitter is more worried about slapping basehits with no strikes and runners on, instead of taking the pitch and driving in some runs.

More worried about that batting average.

I dont see him as a team player at all. Doesnt seem to communicate on the field well with his teammates at all.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 04:55 PM

Our three hole hitter is more worried about slapping basehits with no strikes and runners on, instead of taking the pitch and driving in some runs.

I dont see him as a team player at all. Doesnt seem to communicate on the field well with his teammates at all.

watch more

brm7675
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM

The sole purpose of the hitter is to get hits, nothing more. He is a quiet and not a chest thumper, but to say he is selfish and not a team player...well that is just:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

UofL3312
07-28-2011, 05:00 PM
What a ridiculous thread.

CrosleyField
07-28-2011, 05:26 PM
He is part of the solution not the problem.

brm7675
07-28-2011, 05:41 PM
He is part of the solution not the problem.

Your right and a solution to address our pressing needs might be to deal him and get a bounty in return.

webbbj
07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
kool thread guys

Natty Redlocks
07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
OP is dead wrong (Sorry for the earlier moron crack).

Votto is the last player on the roster the Reds should be thinking of trading. He is a "character guy" on a team that lacks character and leadership.

PS With the team minus Cabrera, with Rolen almost a non-factor this year, and with Dusty as our manager, we are almost completely devoid of leadership)

Yes. Well said. I admit I've wondered what they could get for Votto (my fantasy was Jered Weaver and Mike Trout for Votto and a pitcher). But guys like him don't grow on trees. Anyone who sat through the Griffey era should recognize Votto is a dude you build an offense around, and unless you're sure Bruce is gonna be that guy for you, you hold on to him.

Sean_CaseyRules
07-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Let's throw in Bruce and Cueto in too for a bigger return.

Krawhitham
07-28-2011, 10:55 PM
LOL

Players like Votto are not easy to replace,

it took the Reds 51 years to find Votto

The last time the Reds had a 1st basemen with 30+hr and hit over .300 was Frank Robinson in 1959

What is one of the worse trades ever in franchise history?

When the Reds traded Frank to the Baltimore Orioles for Jack Baldschun, Milt Pappas and Dick Simpson.

R_Webb18
07-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Let's throw in Bruce and Cueto in too for a bigger return.

agree this team needs get as many prospects as possible and go for a dynasty in 3-4 years.

imagine if you traded votto, cozart, bruce, cueto, stubs, alonso, meserasco, grandal, phillips, bailey, leake, wood, chapman, ondrusek, bray they could flip that into about 13-16 A prospects + 15-20 B level prospects + 15-20 C level prospects.

Just Imagine?

Sean_CaseyRules
07-29-2011, 01:05 AM
LOL

Players like Votto are not easy to replace,

it took the Reds 51 years to find Votto

The last time the Reds had a 1st basemen with 30+hr and hit over .300 was Frank Robinson in 1959

What is one of the worse trades ever in franchise history?

When the Reds traded Frank to the Baltimore Orioles for Jack Baldschun, Milt Pappas and Dick Simpson.

But to paint a broader spectrum, Sean Casey did hit 25 in 99, and bat .332. And in 04 he hit 24 and hit .324.

hhscarletgray
07-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Trading Votto is an absolutely horrible idea. Yeah, the Reds could get a lot out of him.....but, that is is because he is worth a ton. A rotation of Cueto, Leake, Willis, Bailey and Arroyo (in that order, come on Baker) is going to win the Reds a lot of games, if, and that's a big if, the Reds can put a solid lineup out every day. I agree that the Reds could use another pitcher, but they need offense more. Can we please just see what guys in AAA have to offer before we start trading away the best offensive player the Reds have. I think money would be best spent giving Baker $6 million dollars to never step foot in Cincinnati again. Then they can hire a manager that is going to play the players that are the future of the Reds instead of playing the players that are the past of everyone else in MLB. The Reds do not need to completely rebuild. They just need to shed the dead weight. Look up overreaction in the dictionary. I am pretty sure "the Reds trading Joey Votto in 2011" will be there.

mroby85
07-29-2011, 10:38 PM
What an AB in the lefty/lefty matchup to lead off the 10th, guy is a pro!

bshall2105
07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
What an AB in the lefty/lefty matchup to lead off the 10th, guy is a pro!

he only did it to raise his obp that guy couldn't care less about winning this game

mroby85
07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
he only did it to raise his obp that guy couldn't care lesst about winning this game

LOL

SwingKing01
07-29-2011, 11:56 PM
This thread makes me want to vomit. Votto is by far the best player on the Reds roster hands down. He is a leader, not a vocal leader, but a leader. This is Votto's team. He reminds me of what Tim Duncan is to the Spurs. Not vocal, but everyone on the team knows he wants to win, and he is one of the hardest working players in baseball. He makes everyone on that team step up there game. Jocketty will keep Votto around for a long time, Jocketty will make it happen.

mrherd05
07-30-2011, 12:06 AM
How is he making guys step up this year? Serious Question.

R_Webb18
07-30-2011, 12:13 AM
if you wanna trade votto you need help

Girevik
07-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Can this thread die already? Votto is going nowhere until his contract year. If the Reds suck THAT year and are out of the playoffs, we can talk about it. Until then, it just is NOT going to happen.