PDA

View Full Version : From ORG

wvreds
07-28-2011, 11:45 PM
From the ORG there is apparently talks between the Reds and Rays by sending Jay Bruce and Homer Bailey to Rays For BJ Upton and others per ESPN i have not found anything they said it was on tv.. Idk what to believe what do you guys think...... Drastic times call for drastic measures

Redsfansince72
07-28-2011, 11:48 PM
i havent seen anything on it and i checked ESPN.com as well as mlbtraderumors.. nothing! the guy who posted it didnt even say when it was on ESPN!!!

mroby85
07-28-2011, 11:49 PM
It looks like it was just inaccurate. I don't see anything anywhere.

wvreds
07-28-2011, 11:49 PM
I know Twitter would have Exploded!!!!

dcameron24
07-28-2011, 11:53 PM
The OP said that he heard it on BBTN...

I find it hard to believe that he is the only person on the internet right now that happened to be watching BBTN at that time???

bshall2105
07-29-2011, 12:11 AM
If Bruce is traded I riot

TeamSelig
07-29-2011, 12:19 AM
If Bruce is traded I riot

+1

abish1572
07-29-2011, 12:20 AM
idk if they said jay Bruce or not but they did say we were pursuing upton and shields VERY hard and that the deal could be done in 24 hours... take it for what it's worth

edit* and oh yeah they did mention chapman and volquez(still unsure why any team would want him)

ED44
07-29-2011, 12:37 AM
I'd trade Bruce...if Longoria was coming back our way!

abish1572
07-29-2011, 01:06 AM
I'd trade Bruce...if Longoria was coming back our way!

They didn't even mention Longoria or Bruce(they couldve but I didn't hear them) If my memory serves me right they want upton, shields and a prospect(3rd basemen) for chapman volquez woods Alonso heisey and hernadez. however they did say it was pure speculation and that the reds COULD make a deal within 24 hours with the Rockies, astros and or rays

Roush's socks
07-29-2011, 01:55 AM
IMO it would be a big mistake to hit the panic button. This team won 91 games last year with a bunch of young players. All they need is a little tweek. Trading Bruce will never happen and if it did I would lose all confidence in this team. He is 24, signed to a LTC, and his best days are ahead of him.

Krawhitham
07-29-2011, 02:06 AM
From the ORG there is apparently talks between the Reds and Rays by sending Jay Bruce and Homer Bailey to Rays For BJ Upton and others per ESPN i have not found anything they said it was on tv.. Idk what to believe what do you guys think...... Drastic times call for drastic measures

Bruce is better and younger than BJ

tedies
07-29-2011, 02:22 AM
They didn't even mention Longoria or Bruce(they couldve but I didn't hear them) If my memory serves me right they want upton, shields and a prospect(3rd basemen) for chapman volquez woods Alonso heisey and hernadez. however they did say it was pure speculation and that the reds COULD make a deal within 24 hours with the Rockies, astros and or rays

thats a horrible deal.

redssince75
07-29-2011, 09:14 AM
thats a horrible deal.

No doubt. That's wayyyyyy too much.

On the other hand, if Eva Longoria was coming my way, I'd trade Joey Vottoe, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, and Mr. Red.

hhscarletgray
07-29-2011, 09:37 AM
The only thing the Reds should be doing right now is looking around for buyers to overpay for our dead weight. We should not be the ones doing the overpaying. This season is all but lost. Get what you can for the players that are not going to be around for next season and keep the focus on 2012. I would hate to see the Reds do nothing for what seems like forever and then go nuts when its too late to do anything.

dcameron24
07-29-2011, 09:38 AM

If the Reds make this deal they will have officially lost my support.

Volquez, Wood, Alonso and Heisey
for
Upton and Shields

I could get behind that...

But Chapman also??? And why just throw in Hernandez when he would actually have some value to the Giants???

Kevin1476
07-29-2011, 09:51 AM
I would be willing to trade Bruce if they threw in James Shields in the trade. Bottom line these GM's no baseball , to get good players were going to have to give some back. Our outfield would still be very good with Upton, Heisey, Stubbs! I love JB but between him and stubbs way to many guys LOB and too many Strikeouts!

Todd Gack
07-29-2011, 11:05 AM

Terrible value if true.

With that said, I don't see anyone on this team as 'untouchable.'

Not even Joey.

Chris Sabowned
07-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Bruce is still only 24. I'm not sure there is a player in the league I trade him for. I can't see the Reds moving him.

BurgervilleBuck
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
+1
+10